PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for our Missionary in Peru

Meli
November 21st, 2012, 01:29 AM
As many of you know, my middle stepson, Nate, is serving a 2 year mission for our Church in southern Peru. Once a week we receive an email from him with humorous/spiritual/informative updates on his life in general, his growing ability to speak the language, the challenges he faces with the people, the culture, and his companions. They are ALWAYS very verbose and several paragraphs long. Yesterday, he sent one short paragraph, letting us know he has kidney stones and would be traveling today, probably to a town called Chincha, to the nearest hospital, which is about 90 minutes away from where he's serving. DH called the mission home in Lima and learned that Nate did make it to a hospital and that the mission President is keeping a close eye on him and will make sure he gets the best care.

We're hoping to hear from the mission President or Nate himself letting us know what's going on. Please keep Nate -- and my DH, who never worries and is currently quite agitated -- in your prayers. Thanks to all of you!

HandsOffItsMine
November 21st, 2012, 02:13 AM
Will keep Nate in our prayers that the doctors give him great care and that God watches over him and places His healing hand on him. Prayers to your DH and you to give you strength while you are so far away from him.

Hugs and love, Ruby and Don

MayinJerset
November 21st, 2012, 02:46 AM
Will keep Nate in my prayers, it's so hard when they are so far away. May

pcbatiks
November 21st, 2012, 03:15 AM
Prayers are being said for Nate and both you and your DH.

auntiemern
November 21st, 2012, 03:39 AM
Will be keeping both of them in my prayers. Our gracious and wonderful God will surely take care of your son. He is after all serving Him way down there in Peru.

Musical_Starling
November 21st, 2012, 04:13 AM
Prayers said for both Nate and your DH. I hope you hear from someone soon!

bkthomas
November 21st, 2012, 04:47 AM
You got it Meli!!!!!!

Winniesfriend
November 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
Oh dear, those kidney stones can be very painful .... so my hubby tells me, saying prayers for your family.

Monique
November 21st, 2012, 08:03 AM
Prayers indeed to Nate and the whole family.

MRoy
November 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Prayers for Nate!

buckeyequilter
November 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Prayers being said.

CrazyMtnLady
November 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
My prayers are with you son. I do hope all is well with him.

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Special prayers for Nate and the whole family. Kidney stones are NOT a thing I would wish on anyone. I pray they have the ability to relieve his pain and help him pass them without any invasive procedures. I truly feel for him!

Tanya D
November 21st, 2012, 07:01 PM
How difficult to be so far away from him while he's sick. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.