PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday

Monique
November 20th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope Blondie has reached her destination by now and is cuddling little Nora. I know all my American friends are gearing up for your Thanksgiving. We do have lots to be thankful for. This forum is right up there.

I rested all day yesterday. My throat is still pretty sore. I tried to gargle but gagged instead. I have a strong gag-reflex. LOL!! Maybe I have lost a few pounds hopefully. It has been hard to eat with such a sore throat.

Today I have quilting day at Victoria's Quilts. The only reason I am going today is because I signed up for the snack last month. I made my pumpkin squares yesterday. In the afternoon, I get to have my lonely boob sandwiched in a machine. Oh YAY!!!!

I work all day tomorrow so I need to feel better real fast. I got called to work yesterday, but there was no way I could.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers being said to all those who need them.

RFREE
November 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Good mornin Monique and all my quilting buddies. I have one more day to work before being off til next Monday.Yee haw!!! I will be having my family over for Thanksgiving dinner Thursday and a few other people. Me having the enormous family I have, I am not sure where I will seat everyone but regardless we will have a good time. Soooo so glad to hear Mr. Daisy has completed his treatment and they both can get busy getting back to normal.We have missed her sew much. Monique sorry to hear you have a sore throat.It has been going around work too.Prayers you will be over it soon. Welcomes to all who have recently joined or forum.You will love it here. We have quite a special family If I do have to say so myself.Prayers to all who are ill. Hugs to all who need one. You all have a wonderful day.I hope Blondie is getting an overdose of that precious grandbaby!!
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

Lonna
November 20th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Monique hope you contuine to get feeling better. Just jumping in for a few mins have about 30 mins here and then have to get Wayne to the hospital for his surgery. Please keep him in his prayers this morning. This should be a quick one as they are just going to remove the port that they put in him a few months ago. It has done nothing but give him problems ever since they put it in. The Dr said they could remove it and put in another one. Wayne told them no thank you just remove this one and keep your new one. It is not like they even like to use it I think they may have used it two or three times.

Have a good one all. Hope to be back home soon and then be able to spend a little time in my sewing room as I know someone will be doing a lot of sleeping this afternoon.

quilter.martha
November 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Lonna, you and Wayne are in my prayers. I so admire your positive attitude with all you're going through. Hang in there, we are all with you.

MayinJerset
November 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good Early Morning, I'm usually up at this hour but today have to be dressed early as cable guy is supposed to be here between 7am - 9 am. Hope he can fix the mess DH made trying to hook up our new flat screen tv. Don't let me talk about that or I'll be ranting again. Told DH to have someone install it for us, but no he said he just had to plug in a few wires, that was last week. Well with no tv at least I'm catching up with my reading, almost finished with my quilt/book club book of the month.

After the cable guy is gone I'm off on a few errands and at 10 I'll stop at a guild member's house to pick up a bunch of pillowcases. She brought them home with her after our last Pillowcase Sew In to wash and put into quart sized bags so now they are ready for distribution to the kids in local hospitals. Most of the pillowcases have Holiday or Wintery themes, just the thing for this time of year. Later, May

MRoy
November 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Good morning! Monique, I hope you feel better before going to your sewing group today. There's lots of stuff going around here too. Lonna, Wayne and you are in my prayers too. Rhonda, I'm with you ...one more day after today then it's off till Monday, woo hoo! I don't do Black Friday unless it's ordering online so it's a good time to relax. I hope Blondie and LL are having a great trip.

Madeforyouinma11
November 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone!
Monique, I feel your pain. I've had sore throat and stuffy nose too. It's no fun but I gotta keep on movin' to get ready for Thursdays big dinner.
Lonna, you and Wayne will be in my prayers today. Let us know how it goes.
Well, even though I'm not feeling 100% with this darn cold, I need to get out today to the grocery store and pick up the rest of what I need for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I need to get into the sewing room to get a move on things that need sewing before Christmas. I have two quilts to make for Christmas and three runners for the week after. We get together with our friends to on New Years Eve and we exchange our gifts at the same time. I haven't even started the quilts yet so those are a priority.

I am so happy for Blondie and LL being able to spend the holiday loving up little Nora.
Well, off I go to finish up some reading and then on with the rest of my day. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Bubby
November 20th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Good Morning,

So many of us seem to be under the weather right now with colds and sore throats. There's so much to do before Thanksgiving and I hope you all feel better soon! Monique, good luck with your mammogram today.

I have to go to WalMart today for a prescription and sure dread having to go anywhere near that place so close to Thanksgiving! DH and I decided not to go to his brother's house this year and spend Thanksgiving quietly at home so DH can get some extra rest. He worked 17 hours yesterday.

Lonna and Wayne, I'll be praying for you today for Wayne's port removal. Daisy, now you and Mr D can begin the healing journey. So glad his treatments are done!

I'll check in later. Molly needs her breakfast and just walked into my sewing room carrying her placemat...a subtle hint!

Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
November 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone.....

Hope everyone with colds, sore throats, sneezles and wheezels starts feeling better soon.

I'm with the others.....today and tomorrow and then off work until Monday. I don't do the Black Friday thing...I did once when my kids were little and said NEVER again. Well Jim got a wild hair and decided we should go one year (just to watch the people) - well we went to the wrong store because the fist fight was at WalMart. I am, however, going to Holmes Co. this week-end - quilt shops here I come.

Lonna, you and your DH are in my thoughts today. I hope Blondie is having a great time with her grandbaby.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all that need and want them.

pcbatiks
November 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone, We have had two days of delicious meals at my parents house........we had Thanksgiving time early while my brother and his family were in town. Sunday we had the best seafood gumbo, potato salad and cheese ball ( I will post recipe). Last night we had pork steaks & sausage, mashed potatoes & gravy, peas, cheese souffle, rolls and homemade pies for dessert. Best meal every......we all prefer that instead of the traditional turkey and trimmings! One year we even had tacos for Thanksgiving. Thursday we will go to DH's sisters house to visit with them and his mom. I got the Dorky quilt book from Jess yesterday. Tried to start reading it last night after that heavy meal.........and couldn't keep my eyes open. So I start reading it today! Prayers for Lonna, Fannie, Ruby and their families. Happy Turkey Day.............thankful for so many things including this forum and the friends I have made here! :)

sewbizzy
November 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Good Morning everyone....my prayers going out to all that need them, especially Wayne today...Monique, praying for a fast healing for you...
I haven't been at my machines for a couple weeks...was kinda burned out from sewing for the craft shows...I have done some cross stitch though sitting in the evenings watching tv with dh----an angel breadcloth and an angel pink bib....I will finish a cell phone holder for my oldest gd....and get started on a small quilt for my youngest gs for Christmas....I also cut out some snowman fabric for potholders----they are really selling well at the shop and the shows...
I have an appt. with an orthopedic surgeon Friday morning to talk about my hip---xrays show moderate to severe degeneration...and I definitely cannot go without the pain pills prescribed...it has been "acting up" for a number of years...the last 6 weeks have been no fun...
I know my problems are not near as severe as others on this forum and I include everyone on the forum in my prayers.....it sure helps to talk about it to you all...you have become my second family in the 9 months since I have found you all.... I thank you for all your thoughts for me.....hugs and blessings...

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
In the afternoon, I get to have my lonely boob sandwiched in a machine. Oh YAY!!!!

I work all day tomorrow so I need to feel better real fast. I got called to work yesterday, but there was no way I could.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers being said to all those who need them.

Oh, Monique. You just reconfirmed what I always thought. The mammogram had to be invented by a man. Who else in the world would think of making a BOOB SANDWICH?

Praying your exam is squeaky clean!!

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Lonna, you and Wayne are in my prayers. I so admire your positive attitude with all you're going through. Hang in there, we are all with you.

I think we all echo your comments. I think Lonna has to be one of the most positive people I've come to know in a very, very long time. She is an amazing angel to everyone!!

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I need to rush off here - too many hours on the computer - and run a dust mop and wipe up some dust before my long-distance nephew, my brother and his wife - and all the grandkids arrive for an afternoon visit. I've had the house full of kids the past two days and I am so afraid of what I am going to find. Luckily I only have to touch up the living room though . . . think I can get that done.

And then, tomorrow all the preps for Thanksgiving dinner. The three oldest girls are coming over early on Thursday to help me finish up with setting the table, last minute prep items, and that type thing. Getting hungry just thinking of it.

So, everyone have a wonderful day, may all our prayers be answered for our friends in need.

Oh, I know - always talking about the kids but I do have to share: While Agnes napped and the older girls were all occupied, Rita and Zoe bombarded me wanting to know when I would teach THEM to sew. So, I started them out with a large blunt needle threaded with crochet thread and gave them a large piece of cross-stitch plastic. They began their ins and outs. Rita did many random patterns - and then would come ask me what I thought it looked like and I made up silly answers - the boobies on a green cow that gives blue milk - remember Rita is 5 and this is funny to her.

Meanwhile, Zoe sat patiently with her needle and thread and quietly sewed and sewed. I never gave her a second of instruction on what to do. And, since I was busy with other things I never gave her much thought because she was pleasantly stitching away and was so quiet and absorbed. Finally Zoe (who just turned 4 in September) came to me to show off her work. I almost FAINTED with joy. This little thing patiently stitched one stitch down, two stitches up, one stitch down, two stitches up - and did absolutely PERFECT straight lines and sewed the outlines of tall city buildings. I was totally blown away. What precision from a little one. She's a winner.

And so, I hear Rita say a few times, "I think I have a HINT of how to do this." And then she came wanting to sew on the machine. I have one machine with knee control and we set her up so she could operate it. She was in seventh heaven. I gave her a piece of lined paper and with the machine unthreaded had her sew along the lines. I told her when she could sew a straight line I'd put thread in the machine and let her sew. She is hoping today to make something 'real'. I hope my energy level holds up and she isn't thinking a huge item to start with.

I now have FIVE girls sewing. (Amazing - the oldest (Amanda) is still very apprehensive about sewing and given the opportunity will ask one of her sisters to do something for her . . . I need more time with her to convince her that it is very safe and easy).

auntiemern
November 20th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Monique, glad you are feeling better. Lonna, have you and Wayne in my prayers, hope everything goes smoothly today. Carol, take it as easy as you can, to not aggravate an already painful hip. Sandy, how proud you must be of your talented GD's. Thinking of Blondie and LL with a big smile on my face, knowing she finally gets to love on Nora. I know she is in 7th heaven. Not gonna get much done around here today, have to watch the kids all evening. Gonna try to get the tree skirt cut out at least before I have to head to DD's house. Have a blessed day. Hugs for all, and prayers for those in need.

Lonna
November 20th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you all for your prayers Wayne's surgery went just fine we are back home now. I thank you all for thinking so highly of me but right now I could almost strangle Wayne, it is one of those day when I don't seem to do anything right from pulling out of the driveway to being in the lane that he would drive in. Sure hope he goes and takes a nap soon and gives me a break. Any way we are back home and everything went smoothly. Hope this makes him feel a little better soon.

K. McEuen
November 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you all for your prayers Wayne's surgery went just fine we are back home now. I thank you all for thinking so highly of me but right now I could almost strangle Wayne, it is one of those day when I don't seem to do anything right from pulling out of the driveway to being in the lane that he would drive in. Sure hope he goes and takes a nap soon and gives me a break. Any way we are back home and everything went smoothly. Hope this makes him feel a little better soon.

If we didn't feel like strangling our husbands at least once a week (or more) we wouldn't be human.

I'm glad Wayne had his port removed. I have a friend that had one that caused and infection in his spine. He had to have surgery to clean out the infection and place a cage around that part of his spine to support it. I'm not sure those ports are the best idea the medical field has come up with.

cyndiofthevortex
November 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hugs and prayers for all of you dear people. Thank you for sharing your lives with me.

I am busy working on a tree skirt a la Jenny today for DS and his lovely wife. I'll post pics later.

Claire Hallman
November 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Glad Wayne is feeling well enough to grouse, even if you do have to listen a little. I am so happy for Blondie and her grand baby getting to see one another finally.
I am about to try out a pie crust for the first time in about 50 years and almost done with cleaning this house. I never knew we were so dirty, yuck. More cooking tomorrow .
I am hoping for ourselves and everyone here a wonderful thanksgiving full of good food, family and friends to count the many blessings we have.

HandsOffItsMine
November 20th, 2012, 04:25 PM
emLonna, glad that Wayne did fine with the port removal. Both of you are always in our prayers! Do have to smile at the "strangle" bit, had those moments with Don's recovery with his Massive H.A. and then the Bypass later. Oy! Especially the wrong lane made me laugh, heck we have does discussions without him being recovering!

Huggers to you two!

Monique, glad you're on the mends. Carol, sure hope that you get relief soon for the surgeon! Those who are waiting for results from test, good news only!!!

With Matt, he's been discharged as there are no available ORs before Thanksgiving and it's not an emergency. They will meet with his Surgeon on Wednesday to hear the finer details on surgery length, recovery time, etc., give his office time to coordinate paperwork with the Insurance company and to find a date/time on Friday or Monday for the surgery. Matt was ready to go yesterday, now he's on a low and frustrated - also in pain but nothing they can do about it.

Don flies out on Monday to Calif for 11 days to housesit and supervise a ripout/install of flooring at our friends while they are on vacation. Eleven days on my own, what will I do with myself? Time to stock up on food and seltzer water, don't plan on really driving any where besides post office and maybe farmers market. Hate shopping plus everything is far away. :(

Happy Thanksgiving for those who will be heading on the road, safe traveling and huggers!

Time to get back to sewing...

shannonsaulter
November 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
GM to all..
Its back to work for me today 6 straight til my next day off...Hope everyone enjoys the day and their holidays coming up...

quiltingtrish
November 20th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone -
have to hit the food store. I really don't like that job, but if I don't get the turkey tonight, it probably won't be thawed by Thursday. And, if it still isn't thawed, we'll just do it up on Friday. As long as the girls and oldest son is here - doesn't much matter which day we cook and eat it. I also don't like spending time in the kitchen. But the food will sure taste good.
Hope to cut some fabric out tomorrow for some zip bags. It will be nice to have a few days off work.
Good to hear that Mr. D. is on the mend with no more treatments. And prayers for Wayne - have heard those ports can be a pain, so it certainly isn't just him.
Well, I suppose if I don't leave for the food store, I can't get back from the food store. Glad hubby will be home to help me drag it all in. I'm trying to talk him into going with me.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I got Al to travel with me to make my 'last minute' run to the grocery store before Thanksgiving. I think we are all ready now.

I am totally fried after having the girls here Sunday, Monday, and almost all afternoon. Can we postpone Thanksgiving until next year?

auntiemern
November 21st, 2012, 12:26 AM
Last year we didn't do Thanksgiving til Saturday cuz Bubby had just had his last surgery, and didn't get released from hospital til Tues. It's not about the day, it is about all that we have to be thankful for. And every time I look at my little man, I am thankful that we still have him, and he is doing wonderfully.
I got Al to travel with me to make my 'last minute' run to the grocery store before Thanksgiving. I think we are all ready now.

I am totally fried after having the girls here Sunday, Monday, and almost all afternoon. Can we postpone Thanksgiving until next year?