PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, 20th October

jrchapman
October 20th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I'm bored, sitting outside a lecture hall waiting for a geology lecture so I thought I'd say good morning to you all.

I've been catching up on all the stories and gossip for the past couple of days and I was sorry to hear about all the troubles people have been having. I'm going to pop up to the cathedral later for a bit of peace and quiet and I'll say a few prayers for you all while I'm up there. My university is in Durham and our cathedral is almost 1000 years old. I find it a very inspirational place to sit and think (plus don't the columns remind you of a friendship braid!)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EJ3nD1rZjeE/SkOWRsc1hsI/AAAAAAAAAR0/4ATSF2QKkXs/s400/durham-Cathedral_Inside.jpg

I'm going to have to wrap up warm here because it's 3 degrees outside - I think that's about 37 degrees in farenheit. Whatever it is, it's chilly!

Blondie
October 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/48.gif

Good Morning Ladies!
Been up forever (3:45) but have been mostly busy trying to make a rag patch tote.

Jillybean! I love those columns and actually the whole picture. It IS inspirational and the beauty is awesome. Like we said a few weeks back in a thread, we see quilt designs in everything - from floor tiles to wallpaper. Love it.

Ladies, I will be off and on today; lots to work on and Sis is over today. We are going to embroider (after I work some more on the rag patch tote). Together we are totally insane and the good thing is, we understand each other.

Will catch up on the other threads later. Haven't even checked the deal of the day!

ginampls
October 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
very nice... i would love to be there... need to start a quilt project soon. disappearing nine patch... or... a jen tut.. sampler.... hummm sewing sewing soon...need a payday....

sally
October 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Good morning! Jill I understand the chill factor. It is 0 degrees here 32F I think well frost point in any event. The furnace came on. I love old architecture. It is art in itself. Blondie have fun with your sis and Gina part of the fun is the planning. For those yet to check in have a great day

Big hugs, Shauna

patticakes
October 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Hi all!
Jr the cathedral is beautiful. I always feel so calm inside churches, like it's the right place to be.
Blondie - your breakfast man is hilarious! Have fun with your sister sounds like you two could be a hoot together!
Gina - I always feel lost without a project or two going on. Hope payday comes soon for you!
Sally - Stay warm!
Laura - can't wait to read your chatty post today, will check for it later!

It was cool out here in Chicago too. I was wishing for a pair of gloves while waiting for the train. Supposed to warm up this afternoon but be cooler tomorrow. I never know what to wear.
I was grouchy yesterday so I decided not to work on anything quilting. Don't want to stitch the "angst" into any quilt...lol...only loving stitches.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Pinky
October 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
It's 3 degrees here too! 17 yesterday and another sunny nice fall day here today. And the most beautiful sunrise I have seen in a while. I'm not usually up for the sunrise. lol Couldn't sleep past 5 this morning. So I just got up and made two loaves of banana bread before 7. I am off to work on my Christmas blocks. Jr. that cathedral is beautiful! You are very lucky indeed! There is nothing around here that is more than 150 years old! Let alone 1000! Have a great day everyone!
Pinky

pdjewelrylady
October 20th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Good morning good morning :icon_hi: passing along warm wishes to all!! (It is a beautiful sunny 76 here in central florida) :D Have a couple of new things starting this weekend but today is nice and quiet. Sometimes that is what we need, nice and quiet.......... i did try making the pumpkin butter with my nieghbor, Pat, HAAHHA we have yummy (sort of) pumpkin soup!! :lol:

janluna
October 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Good morning everyone, It's a little chilly here but I don't mind. I love the fall weather.
Jr, the cathedral is beautiful. Nothing here over a few hundred years. I think it must be quite comforting to be in a place that has stood that long. All the history the building itself has been through and all the generations of people who have gone to services there, and weddings and funerals and just life in general. That's just amazing. And you are right we all see patterns for quilts everywhere.
Blondie, have a great day with your sister.
Gina, payday will come and you'll be off and stitching again. Love you.
PD, that's so funny, pumpkin soup. I love it, as I have had a few things go by that way too. Glad it's nice in Fla.
Shauna, have a great day. Do you have to work today? Hope it's a good shift.
Pinky, don't you just love being up to greet the day. Normally I do and you get so much done in the AM when it quiet. Of course you're ready for a nap by 1PM LOL
Patti you are right. Quilts should always feel like love when you cuddle under them.
Laura, I love you. Have a few quiet days and recoup from all the redecorating. It's always a pain to have your house torn up.
Everyone have a great day! Hugs, Jan :icon_wave:

toggpine
October 20th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Just a quick stop to say Hi! I am trying to get some stuff caught up around here. I now have a halloween costume to make. Yea?

Have a great day, I'll try to check in later.
Cathy

stitches
October 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Good Afternoon All,
I want to take a moment to share an idea I had. I have a 3 yr. old granddaughter. She in now a big girl. Does this sound familiar to any of you. Since she is now a big girl she no longer wants to wear bibs. Unfortunately she still spills frequently. Most often dropping things into her lap. My idea came when watching the tetorial on the tea towel aprons. We made a few, she helped pick out colors. Now she loves wearing the aprons and they do a good job at keeping her clean. Not to mention they wash beautifully!! I didn't put the pocket on we just appliqued Dora on the front.
Have a great day,
Stitches

craftyladysam
October 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hey everybody!:icon_hi: Going to mail my blocks. Will check back later and let you know how it went.
BTW it is cool here and misty raining. 63 degrees

quiltingtrish
October 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Another beautiful day here in PA - not looking forward to those 3 degree days that I know are coming soon.
Katie is hanging in there. Most of the pain medicine wore off he gave her after the operation so she's quite a bit of tender today.

Off to help her with some homework.

Will check in later!
Hugs,

pdjewelrylady
October 20th, 2010, 06:00 PM
oh Stitches! that is a great idea!!! thank you for sharing :)

toggpine
October 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Aprons are awesome to keep the kids clean. My 4 year old loves to wear them!

I have some "kid" sewing to do. I have a Halloween costume I am cutting out this afternoon. I think I have everything but the zipper here. Let's see how long this will take.

We are having biscuits & sausage gravy for supper. Quick & easy. Ooh boy, I had better go check that the teenager didn't drink all of the milk this morning. I can go get the fresh squeezed stuff, but it is nice to know that BEFORE I need to add it to the pan!

Water fairy costume, here I come!
Cathy

pdjewelrylady
October 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Hey everybody!:icon_hi: Going to mail my blocks. Will check back later and let you know how it went.
BTW it is cool here and misty raining. 63 degrees
Yipppppeeeeeeee :D

craftyladysam
October 20th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Stitches, I like your idea too! I bet she would love it even more if you made yourself one too.
The trip to the post office was a nice trip. The young lady that helped me was very helpful! She gave me two envelopes that were white and thin looking. She said when you get through with addressing the labels bring them back to me and I will help you finish it up. Sooooooooooo They are on their way to Suzi. Whoohooo! I hope they will be okay.

janluna
October 20th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Congratulations Saundra. Doesn't it feel good when you finish something? I have felt that way with a tote, some wallets, and a table runner. Everything else is in limbo. lol

pdjewelrylady
October 21st, 2010, 12:00 AM
YAY!!!! here come the sparkly pinecone blocks!! :D

janluna
October 21st, 2010, 12:30 AM
Thanks Suzi for trying to help me. It isn't there either. I've looked at all the oldformat ones, youtube, facebook, everywhere. They must have taken it off Thank you, Jan
:icon_hug:

Lola2Ace
October 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM
Good morning good morning :icon_hi: passing along warm wishes to all!! (It is a beautiful sunny 76 here in central florida) :D Have a couple of new things starting this weekend but today is nice and quiet. Sometimes that is what we need, nice and quiet.......... i did try making the pumpkin butter with my nieghbor, Pat, HAAHHA we have yummy (sort of) pumpkin soup!! :lol:

Oh No Suzi! I'm sorry about your pumpkin soup! I should have made a point to say you have to use the solid pumpkin and not the pumpkin pie mix?? I hope it still tastes good though!
Lola