PDA

View Full Version : Freeeeeeeeeeedom!

Divine Daisy
November 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Do I sound like Sally in the diner? I hope so!

Mr Daisy had his last radiotherapy today! He is weak, thin, mortally tired but he is finished. I am weak, fat and mortally tired but..............he is finished! I feel like I have shrunk by about 4 inches in height (something I could not afford to do lol) but........... etc etc etc.

I have been neglectful of the forum, have replied to few posts and just posted that **** Christmas Chicken. I apologise to my good and supportive friends for my tardiness, I was spread too thin and something had to give a little.

Now we need to slowly recover and it will be slow, we know this but with luck it will be a steady recovery for us both. On Thursday we are going to his mother's as it is really important for her to see him. More driving for me and I suspect a Sleeping Beauty dress cut out for me when I get there but thats fine. This has been such a stressful time for her too and she needs me so I won't be denying her pretty much whatever she wants me to do. I do know she needs me to get up the ladder and clear leaves out of her gutters but the air up there will be clear and will blow some cobwebs aways :)

When we get back on friday I have to shoot straight off to dress the shop window. Poor Kay has been really ill with some really nasty bug which laid her very low and she was forced for the first time ever to close the shop for a week. We were all so worried about her but she emerged today about 16lbs lighter and gaunt but at least up and at em. So as I am booked all week I will only have friday pm to get the window done. Everything is gathered together so it will be fine.

So I am back (ish) and hope to be more active on the forum. I still have a christmas wall hanging to start and finished before Thursday and some cracker placemats .......hey I will get there lol

Love to all

twnkeyes
November 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Daisy,

Welcome back! Am so glad to hear your good news of the end of treatment and that now is the time for recovery! Please be careful and take care of yourself, others around you nor could we do without you! Caregivers are sometimes overlooked when it comes to being "needy". So, it's up to you! Take your vitamins and rest as much as possible. I'm so bossy aren't I? I've been in your shoes only different circumstances so I know what I'm talking about. Take care!

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Daisy, It's so good to see your smiling face here once again. It's been a long haul for you and Mr. Daisy but it's ending and now you both can try to get yourselves back together a bit and get rested. May in Jersey

shannonsaulter
November 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Daisy so glad you have checked in and that things are looking up..enjoying dusting of those cobwebs..my getters need a cleaning if you ever make it to Cali...lol..cant wait to see the window..Enjoy your holiday and dont over do..(((HUGS)))

auntiemern
November 19th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Daisy, so glad that Mr. Daisy is finished with his treatment. Now time for both of you to get on the road to recovery. Have a wonderful time with MIL. Can't wait to see pics of the entire window. Hugs to both of you.

HandsOffItsMine
November 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM
So great to hear that Stewart is done, done, done! May both of you now have the time to get healthy. :)

Have a wonderful time with MIL, sewing, eating and I guess even cleaning the gutters. lol

Going to have to be on the looking out of the F*** Christmas Chicken window display. Hope you're not making a sewn banner named that for the store window?!?

Huggers from Don and I

Gayle8675309
November 19th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Yay! Yay! Yay! So happy for you!

Gayle

MRoy
November 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Hip, Hip Hooray! I'm so glad that Mr. D's treatments are over and you can both start to recuperate. Take good care of him and yourself and welcome back!!

bakermom
November 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Great news Daisy!
You weren't neglectful, we all knew you were putting important things(Mr.Daisy) first! I hope your lives can get back to normal now, doing things you want to do instead of what you have to.

Winniesfriend
November 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
So glad to hear from you Daisy, I have been keeping you and Mr D. in my thoughts but I realise how there are many more important things to do apart from chat on the forum. Hopefully Mr D will fatten up and gain his strength back. Continued hugs and prayers for you and your family.

BellasQuilts
November 19th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Oh I bet you are both "over the moon" happy Stewart's treatment is over. We will send him healing prayers. Now, as far as you getting up on ladders, be sure to take care now. Don't want you going *ss over tea kettle. Very happy for you both and can't wait to see pics of the window when you are done.

bopeep
November 19th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Daisy....so happy to hear from you........I am Thankful things are looking up........God is Good........
You are both still in my PRAYERS........I hope you can find so time to relax........
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

Lonna
November 19th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Welcome Home Ms. Daisy so glad you both are finished with the treatments. Now you just need to remember that word NO and get some rest so you both can regain your health and well being. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you both.

Jess1377
November 19th, 2012, 11:14 PM
OMG how exciting, you are finally free!!! I am so glad Mr.D pulled through and YOU too! Take your time, still of course, your never far from our thoughts anyway so you were never really gone GONE!!

Poppytree
November 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Welcome back - glad Mr Daisy's treatment is finished. Hope you both have some time to rest and relax before the Christmas rush begins!

K. McEuen
November 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Good to hear from you and glad the medical crap is wrapping up. Now just to fatten Mr. D up some. Don't work too hard and be careful on that ladder.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 19th, 2012, 11:35 PM
It's so good to hear from you! 1.) that Stewart's therapy sessions are over 2.) that you will get to see your MIL. 3.) that the window dressing will be complete this week, 4.) that you and your sweet man will be able to slow down and perhaps enjoy things again, not just driving in the car! We all missed you, Me especially! Hope we can strike up our usual insightful and entertaining tet-a-tet once again, we miss you for that also!

Get well soon, Stewart!

grannyann
November 19th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I second what everyone else has posted. I love to read what you post. You have such a great cheerful attitude and I love your stories.I wish for you and
Mr. Daisy to have a wonderful week busy as you will be.

pcbatiks
November 19th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah for Mr Daisy............. the two of you need to rest up now and enjoy the holiday!

Meli
November 20th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Hooray! Glad to hear Mr. Daisy is on the road to recovery. You're both in my thoughts and prayers. And I keep thinking of you and he looking forward to spending a lovely holiday in that charming cottage by the sea in a few weeks.

bec
November 20th, 2012, 12:40 AM
So glad to hear that Mr. D's treatments are over. Now to get back to a normal life. I wish the best for the two of you and a spectacular recovery for Mr. Daisy.

It worries me that you are getting on a ladder. Please be careful!

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Oh, oh, oh - such wonderful news. Give that handsome (though skinny) hunk a great big hug for me - and I am certain you have lots of hugs and other things for him (just put the mallet back in the basket and forget it for now). A trip to see his mother is so special! As are you - I cannot imagine all you have had going on in your life. I certainly hope that you are able to kick back a bit and gets some much needed rest . . . both you and Stewart.

Your window will need to be documented so we can see all the wonderful ideas you have had brewing in that wonderful mind of yours! So, someone had better have a wonderful camera and know how to post those pictures here.

It will be fantastic to have you back with us as much as you can continue to give us. We've all missed you!

ChristineB
November 20th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Fantastic news! Here's to a speedy recovery!

phoots
November 20th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Daisy, I'm so glad to hear that Mr. Daisy has finished his treatment. You both need to relax now!

Pam in Vegas

Swedish leo
November 20th, 2012, 03:26 AM
So happy for you!

Granny Judy
November 20th, 2012, 04:33 AM
So Happy for you. It's been a long haul and you've carried the load well. Hugs going out to you and Mr. D.

Monique
November 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
That is wonderful news Daisy. I hope Stewart feels better soon. And you rest. And be careful on that ladder.

quilter.martha
November 20th, 2012, 08:29 AM
We are all so glad the treatments are over for Mr. D!!! I continue to pray for him, and you. Please be careful up on that ladder--I could never do that! And, get some rest--you have definitely earned it.

Madeforyouinma11
November 20th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Oh Daisy, I'm so happy for you and Mr D! Have a wonderful visit with MIL, be careful on that ladder and have fun dressing the window! Can't wait to see pictures. Hugs to both of you and still praying for you both. Try to rest in between everything you have going on, now is the time for healing.

Patrice
November 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
That's wonderful. Make sure you take care of yourself as we'll. sounds like everyone needs you :)

CrazyMtnLady
November 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
32249What wonderful news. I do pray that Mr. D. has a very speedy recovery and you bounce back soon.

Musical_Starling
November 21st, 2012, 02:58 AM
So glad to hear that his treatments are all finished! Yay! Now it's time to fatten him up in time for Christmas :D

Donna F
November 21st, 2012, 07:31 PM
I am so glad that journey has come to an end and now it's time to heal and rest, but from the sound of it you won't be resting for a while. I am so glad to see you back here. We've all missed you dearly!

Bailey65
November 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
Daisy I am so glad to hear your news. Please remember to care of yourself. You will do nobody any good if you don't take good care of yourself. Take it from a person who has taken care of 2 parents with Dementia- caring for someone can really take a toll on you. I wish you and your DH a wonderful Thanksgiving!

lilmouse
November 23rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Ms Daisy, it is always wonderful to hear from you and we all understood......but are very happy the treatments are over and that life can maybe slow down for you just a little bit...am anxious to see your "window"; know you must have some great ideas going; and please be careful on that ladder....give Mr. D hugs for me and keep one hug just for you...take care of yourself now and fatten that man of yours up! You have a vacation on the moors to look forward to.

aliaslaceygreen
November 23rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Oh, Daisy, this is just SUCH good news!!!! you are often in my thoughts!

janluna
November 24th, 2012, 03:28 AM
So happy for both of you!!! Keep that vacation in mind, and rest, rest rest, so you can go there in January. You are both still in our prayers. I will make sure we pray for strength and perfect health for you both. Enjoy your visit with Stewart's Mom. God Bless. Love, Prayers, and Hugs, Jan L.