PDA

View Full Version : Do men ever grow up????

buckeyequilter
November 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I am filling a stocking for each of the grandkids this year (I usually just do gifts). I am getting one of them a "slingshot" monkey and when it crashes into the wall it screams or something. I showed it to DH and this was his exact words "those kids had better not bogart that monkey because I want to play with it". *lol*

auntiemern
November 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
If you manage to find one that is 'grown up' please let me know. Years ago when the very first Nintendo came out, we got one for the kids for Christmas. DH just had to try it out ahead of time. Well that was that. Every time all the kids were gone it took him about 2 minutes to have it hooked up and playing it. So by the time Christmas morning rolled around, it was well broken in. That was the year we had a huge ice storm, and the kids were out of school for almost 2 weeks. I could not even go to bed without the Mario music playing in my head.

Lisapc
November 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
My hubby is 50. He has played with every toy the kids ever had and have. He spends as much time with the trains as my 8 yr old. He and my then 20 yr old daughter got testy with each other over the Fuji ball thing I got him as a joke gift one year. He truly enjoys all the toys. He plays games with our kids all the time. He has spent more time playing outside with my son and 4 yr old granddaughter by himself than me, my daughter, SIL and parents combined.

To answer your question, No they don't ever grow up and truthfully that is part of the appeal!

Bubby
November 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
My DH is a blend of strong man/little boy/teddybear/Godzilla! This probably makes him sound like he's odd, he's the nicest guy in the world and such a loving husband.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
My 45 year old son loves his video games, Lego sets and pinball machines, good thing he has three sons of his own to have an excuse to get more toys in the house!

BellasQuilts
November 19th, 2012, 11:07 PM
No, they don't. Isn't it wonderful?

Jess1377
November 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM
My 45 year old son loves his video games, Lego sets and pinball machines, good thing he has three sons of his own to have an excuse to get more toys in the house!

My DH is the same way!!! :D

bkthomas
November 20th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I am filling a stocking for each of the grandkids this year (I usually just do gifts). I am getting one of them a "slingshot" monkey and when it crashes into the wall it screams or something. I showed it to DH and this was his exact words "those kids had better not bogart that monkey because I want to play with it". *lol*

I want one for my grand-son, he's my monkeyboy!!!! Where did you get it? I laughed so hard when I read this!!!!