PDA

View Full Version : It is the start of a brand new week.

Monique
November 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning friends. I AM SICK, SICK, SICK. Killer sore throat, killer headache (sinuses, I think), had the chills yesterday. Can't cough without head hurting. This is worse than the man-cold and I don't like it.

I did go visit my brother yesterday just the same, but felt like SH***IT. I got a good buy on the TV for hubby. He fixed my sewing table as well. We also went to a wood carving competition. You would not believe some of the carvings I saw. We also stopped off at a flea market and by then all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and sleep. I bought the kids a Keurig coffee machine that was on sale at Walmart, and a little kitchen for Maizyn. I had the chills all day and could not stay warm. I went to bed at 5pm and slept until 7. Got up and had a little toast and water and was back in bed by 8. I still fell like crap today although not quite as bad. I better feel better for tomorrow. Quilting day and I signed up to bring the snack.

No sewing is going to be done anytime soon for this chick.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MRoy
November 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Good morning! Monique, I wish I could do something to make you feel better. You're in my prayers.

DH and I met DS and his girlfriend for lunch yesterday. We had a really good visit. We went to Barnes and Noble and I bought the old TV miniseries "North and South" on DVD. I'd just started watching last night when the electricity went off....and stayed off until 1:15 this morning due to a car clipping a light pole. I tried reading by candlelight but that didn't work very well, so I turned in early. Today I'll be buying some kerosene lamps for "in case of power outage".

Monique
November 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Good morning! Monique, I wish I could do something to make you feel better. You're in my prayers.

DH and I met DS and his girlfriend for lunch yesterday. We had a really good visit. We went to Barnes and Noble and I bought the old TV miniseries "North and South" on DVD. I'd just started watching last night when the electricity went off....and stayed off until 1:15 this morning due to a car clipping a light pole. I tried reading by candlelight but that didn't work very well, so I turned in early. Today I'll be buying some kerosene lamps for "in case of power outage".

Myrna, I loved that movie. I also read the books. Great movie.

Patrice
November 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Good morning..hope you are feeling better. I am off all this week...yeah. Will be cleaning today to get ready for company tomorrow

buckeyequilter
November 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning...

Well it's Monday and back to work but it's a short week. We have a retirement lunch on Wednesday for an employee - 45 years - and we get to leave after that. I plan all the lunches so at least I know I'll like what we're having.

Monique, I hope you start feeling better soon - rest, rest, rest.

I usually almost have my Christmas shopping finished by now - the only thing I have is stuff for my SSS. Guess I'd better get busy and get some stuff for the kids.

Well need to get busy since I have to get 5 days of work done in 2 1/2 days. Have a wonderful day! Prayers & hugs.

Bubby
November 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Good Morning,

Sorry to hear you're under the weathr, Monique. Lots of rest and fluids and time. This is a bad week to be feeling so bad.

I have to go to the city today to buy carpet for our apartments..long day for me. Miss Molly has to come along so she doesn't miss any of her insulin shots. She's a wonderful little traveling companion.

I guess we're in the countdown to Thanksgiving and all the food. I'm trying to keep it fairly simple this year.

I guess Blondie is on her way to see Nora!!!

Have a good Monday everyone, Barb

MRoy
November 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Myrna, I loved that movie. I also read the books. Great movie.

Monique, I loved it too...I'm a big Patrick Swayze fan. There were parts I missed when it was on TV so now I can watch all or part of it whenever I want.

Lonna
November 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

It will be a short week for me also. Have to take tomorrow off Wayne is having the port that they put in a few months ago removed. It has caused him nothing put problems since they put it in. Then work Wed and then off for the rest of the week. Really looking forward t a time to recharge. We are having a simple Thanksgiving this year my Mother is fixing the turkey breast, I will fix dressing and a jello salad, my brother is in charge of potatos. We will all meet over at my Mothers so it will be a simple little get together.

Monique hope you get feeling better soon.

Sandy Navas
November 19th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I don't like those head colds, coughs, snorts, sniffs and sneezes either. Get well Monique, and tell the granddaughter "no more fingers in my nose". My brother insists that when his grandkids were little that each time one of them climbed up on his lap they had to stick a finger in his nose because from their position they could see the nose hairs. They do have little germies on those little precious fingers.

I'm heading out to pick up SEVEN girls here in a bit. DD and DSIL are headed to KC for her first OB visit with her new pregnancy. Yes, the number is climbing . . . Yesterday the oldest (who has some mental issues and at 21 still thinks like a 12 year old) made some idle threats about ending it all . . . hopefully idle. I don't think she has the wherewithal, but DD was not too pleased with the statements. So, a sleepless night for her and of course they wound up over here bright and early to discuss everything, keeping the smaller kids oblivious to the problems. It seems as if it is never-ending . . . I brought the six younger kids over here, fed them lunch, and let DD sleep the rest of the day so she could try to catch up. Did I say I'm tired?

So, I'm certain I will get no work done on sewing projects today. The girls are so good when they are here - other than trying to eat us out of house and home . . . don't leave anything in plain sight if you want it later because someone will accidentally find it and it will accidentally wind up in their mouth . . .

Al made it home before 3 yesterday afternoon. His trip to Jefferson City for his certification exam went well and he truly came away feeling extremely confident - as he was able to go into the exam feeling that way. We now are on pins and needles (no pun there . . . I don't think) waiting until he gets the final results. They usually say 4-6 weeks, but the last exam he was notified within 10-14 days. Keeping prayers going. Now, since Saturday was our anniversary and we spent it so far apart, I'll patiently wait to see if he remembers he'd celebrate in style with me when he returned . . . I'm not going to remind him though.

I was able to sit down and make some plans for the rest of my sewing projects that I want to finish before Christmas. And, a couple things I bought when at M* will go into those projects. So, while I may not be able to get in the sewing room today I do have a clear-cut path to finish these . . . i hope.

To the world out there: Keep the sunshine in your smile, love in your heart, warm fuzzies in the brain, and know if you need help it is available. All you have to do is call out.

cyndiofthevortex
November 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Monique, I do hope you get to feeling better soon. You sound awfully miserable.

Barb, I wonder what you consider a "simple" Thanksgiving dinner! I'd love to hear what you're having.

Lonna, I think often of you and Wayne and hope he is doing okay. I know this is such a hard time for you both.

Today I am going to continue plowing through Christmas projects. I'm on a roll. I am getting things accomplished! What a great feeling. Today I hope to make 4 pillowcases for the little girls. I bought them each a travel-sized pillow and will use a smaller version of Jenny's pillowcase pattern. Then on to the tree skirt with greens, reds, golds and browns, all in muted country colors. Plus of course planning and cleaning for the big day when we thank God for all of his blessings.

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Monique rest and feel better soon and Myrna get those lamps now or you'll forget about them like we did after our week long power outage was over. DH and I went food shopping yesterday afternoon as I needed to pick up fresh frutis, veggies, cider and a few other tiems for Thanksgiving dinner. Guess everyone else had the same idea as the place was a mad house.

Checking outstairs bedrooms this morning so they are ready for DS#3 and kids who will be here for Thanksgiving and the weekend. Need to double check the bathroom as DH uses it for his shower and he said, "It's clean." He loves the new big shower stall in there so I put him in charge of wiping it down with a mircocloth and generally keeping the whole room neat. Of course, his idea of clean and neat is a lot different than mine. I usually keep check on it because one of the bedrooms is also my sewing room but I haven't had a chance to go upstairs and sew at all the past week.

May

meemeecyn
November 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Happy Monday to everyone! the sun is out and that is always nice. Monique....are you coughing a lot? I thought I had read a note earlier that you were fighting something. Wonder if you should get checked out and have doc listen to your lungs, etc? Sure hope you feel better soon!

Have a great day to all. I imagine many are busy with preps for Turkey Day!
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
November 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Good Morning all. It was raining lightly when I first woke up but I this it has passed by now.

Had a busy day yesterday. I finally got all the deer meat canned. I ended up with a total of 42 pints. :) Now to find a place to store it.

The county Conservation Officer stopped by yesterday to give DH the paper he needed to legally keep "Stickers" skull/rack. While he was here he got a call on his radio that someone had shot a collared bear on the east side of the our county. Haven't heard anything about it on the news yet though. Then we went over to a friend's deer camp and sat around the campfire for a while. He gave us a bunch of food stuff that he didn't want to have to pack up and haul back home to Florida. He owns a lot of the property across the road and around us.

Today I need to call the vet and see how much it is going to cost to have the 2 females (HalfPint & MonkeyButt) and the male Verlow fixed. I hope he will give us a good deal on 3. If I get them fixed my neighbor will take one of the females. One of the stooges she took died so she wants another from the litter to keep the one that is left company.

Well, off to read other posts. Have a great day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

auntiemern
November 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
So sorry to hear you are ill Monique. Might be a good idea to go to doc and be checked out. Sandy, have fun with the DGK's. We had a similar situation this past week with oldest GD. She is 9, and apparently an ugly rumor was going around, and she was saying the same thing, and wanting to move and change schools. She did act out some, nothing life threatening though. I went and got her, and brought her to my house. Kinda hard to explain to a 9 yr old you can't just move. DD and I went to school to let them know what was going on, I felt it was better to try to handle the situation on the school level first. They took it very seriously and managed to get to the root and person responsible for starting it all. She only has 2 days of school this week, and praying it all blows over by the time she goes back. She has counseling with school counselor once a week, anyway, and they are going to bring in another counselor, to see her as well. She is beautiful and very intelligent, but she has also gone through a lot already, in her short life. Her father has never been in her life, and then there is the trauma we all had to go through with Bubby. Not to mention other bad decisions my wonderful DD has made that affected her. But she does have some of her Grans genes, so she will be ok. Kids are resilient, but can be the meanest creatures on earth.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 19th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I don't like those head colds, coughs, snorts, sniffs and sneezes either. Get well Monique, and tell the granddaughter "no more fingers in my nose". My brother insists that when his grandkids were little that each time one of them climbed up on his lap they had to stick a finger in his nose because from their position they could see the nose hairs. They do have little germies on those little precious fingers.

I'm heading out to pick up SEVEN girls here in a bit. DD and DSIL are headed to KC for her first OB visit with her new pregnancy. Yes, the number is climbing . . . Yesterday the oldest (who has some mental issues and at 21 still thinks like a 12 year old) made some idle threats about ending it all . . . hopefully idle. I don't think she has the wherewithal, but DD was not too pleased with the statements. So, a sleepless night for her and of course they wound up over here bright and early to discuss everything, keeping the smaller kids oblivious to the problems. It seems as if it is never-ending . . . I brought the six younger kids over here, fed them lunch, and let DD sleep the rest of the day so she could try to catch up. Did I say I'm tired?

So, I'm certain I will get no work done on sewing projects today. The girls are so good when they are here - other than trying to eat us out of house and home . . . don't leave anything in plain sight if you want it later because someone will accidentally find it and it will accidentally wind up in their mouth . . .

Al made it home before 3 yesterday afternoon. His trip to Jefferson City for his certification exam went well and he truly came away feeling extremely confident - as he was able to go into the exam feeling that way. We now are on pins and needles (no pun there . . . I don't think) waiting until he gets the final results. They usually say 4-6 weeks, but the last exam he was notified within 10-14 days. Keeping prayers going. Now, since Saturday was our anniversary and we spent it so far apart, I'll patiently wait to see if he remembers he'd celebrate in style with me when he returned . . . I'm not going to remind him though.

I was able to sit down and make some plans for the rest of my sewing projects that I want to finish before Christmas. And, a couple things I bought when at M* will go into those projects. So, while I may not be able to get in the sewing room today I do have a clear-cut path to finish these . . . i hope.

To the world out there: Keep the sunshine in your smile, love in your heart, warm fuzzies in the brain, and know if you need help it is available. All you have to do is call out.
Oh, Sandy, I am so scared about the 21year old. We lost a theatre friend Sunday from suicide. No clue he was planning this, he was a funny, cheerful guy. He blew up his house with gas, nothing left but ashes. Very sad, and everyone is in shock over this.

shannonsaulter
November 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Monique feel better..have some tea and rest...Myrna Love that movie and book!
As for me off of work today trying to finish up my rag lap quilt and need to do some shopping..No Black Friday for me No TY...hope everyone has a good day and for those that are getting sick a speedy recovery...(((HUGS)))

Madeforyouinma11
November 19th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hello, everyone!
Monique, I feel your pain..I'm sick too. I have a scratchy sore throat, and I'm stuffy and have a headache that just keeps pounding. I'm taking medicine and when it kicks in I feel really good so hoping to use that window of opportunity to get some of my christmas sewing done.
Sandy, I hope everything turns out ok...sending prayers.
Donna, I have to ask, mostly because I'm not familiar with the process. I have heard of cutting and freezing deer meat but never canning. What do you do to it? I have heard you say this in a few posts and I can't figure out what it is that you do to it so I thought I would ask. I know some people around here that go deer hunting but they freeze the meat as steaks.
Well, I'm off to take advantage of my "feeling good" window and try to get something done.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Prayers to everyone in need.