PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for another class

Poppytree
November 19th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I had such a great time at the FMQ class last week that I've signed up for another class next Friday to be taught by Rachelle Denneny again - applique this time. There was a cancellation so I sneaked in. Normally there would be a long waiting list for her classes. I've got my name down for a 'quilt as you go' one in the New Year too so I'm gradually adding to my new skills list.

Finally raised the feed dogs and put the normal foot back on after practising a few more stitches on my sampler block. Also cleared out a ton of fluff from the bobbin case and changed the needle (long overdue) My machine sounds much happier now!

lilmouse
November 19th, 2012, 03:56 AM
You are doing a great job! looking good girlfriend!

bkthomas
November 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
That looks great Jane! Good for you!!!!

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Jane, I am so envious - would love to take some long-arm classes and get some personal instruction on FMQ with the L-A. Your work is spectacular!

Poppytree
November 20th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Its not as hard as I thought. It needs a bit of courage to take the plunge. I'd urge anyone to give it a try ..... it may turn out to be 'your thing'

I've been sewing/quilting about 8 months and FMQ less than 2 weeks (including playing time to make those eyeglass cases)!!!