PDA

View Full Version : Relay For Life

cathys311
November 19th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Hey all!

A friend of mine recently came to me and said that she is setting up a fundraiser at a local Relay For Life event next June. She asked me if I'd like to make anything to donate to sell, and I would LOVE to, but I'm drawing a total blank as to what I can make! I was hoping some of you could offer suggestions! :) I can knit, sew, quilt... I can be pretty crafty if the cost is right lol. I wish I had the money to make several quilts, but I don't. I really, really want to help. I've wanted to do something like this for awhile. A friend of mine founded a non-profit for photo sessions for cancer patients and their families. Ever since then, especially seeing the stories and photos on her Facebook page, it's tugged at my heart strings. Before I start rambling more than I already have, anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!!

shannonsaulter
November 19th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Mug rugs...

HandsOffItsMine
November 19th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Riley Blake has a ton of different Pin Cushion Patterns for Free - Most can be made from scraps or make them in the Relay for Life colors. Many folks collect Pin Cushions.

lilmouse
November 19th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Pillowcases maybe?

Monique
November 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Tote bags, table runners. Here is a link to the 10 minute pot holder. I used charms squares and made coasters instead. Very quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipzCAflJQ8

DCM
November 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
A table runner/table topper that they could raffle -- or a small lap quilt if you have the time/money for supplies.

cathys311
November 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
such great ideas! Thanks so much! :)