PDA

View Full Version : Those pillowcases were popular

Poppytree
November 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Had our first charity sale after church yesterday - Got sponsors for 16 of the 26 pillowcases and sold about 1/2 of my cards (there were over 200) Considering it was poorly advertised and only really available to church members we did well. Many people gave cash donations or paid much more than the 'marked' prices

We had loads of lovely cakes, handmade toileteries, some Christmas tree decorations and bookmarks to sell too The eyeglass cases didn't go down well this time - only sold 2

Can't believe we made over $1000!!!!!

shannonsaulter
November 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
That's great!! Glad you did so well!!

auntiemern
November 18th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats on your sale. You personally made $1000. or the church did? Either way, fantastic.

madampolo
November 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I love the eyeglass cases! I would have bought a couple of those! Good job on your sale!

Gayle8675309
November 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Yay! :)

Gayle

Bubby
November 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm glad the sale was successful overall. Your items were lovely and what you didn't sell this time you can sell next time or give as gifts. Barb

Jess1377
November 18th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Sounds like you had a great day overall!

Poppytree
November 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I got the basic cost of the expensive fabric for trimming the pillowcases back.

Everything else was donated (not just by me, lots of other people helped) and the money will go direct to the village in India where several mission teams from our church will visit in coming years. This was the first of many fund raising sales. Money raised will provide immunisation for the kids in the orphanage, supplies for small building projects, training programmes and equipment for the school for starters.

auntiemern
November 19th, 2012, 03:50 AM
That is fantastic. I always make sure that a portion of everything I sell goes to charity. Mostly though I just love making things to give away. Congrats on the church for raising such a wonderful amount to be used for a great cause.
I got the basic cost of the expensive fabric for trimming the pillowcases back.

Everything else was donated (not just by me, lots of other people helped) and the money will go direct to the village in India where several mission teams from our church will visit in coming years. This was the first of many fund raising sales. Money raised will provide immunisation for the kids in the orphanage, supplies for small building projects, training programmes and equipment for the school for starters.

lilmouse
November 19th, 2012, 03:58 AM
That is awesome!