PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, sunday the day before Monday.

Monique
November 18th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I couldn't think of anything witty to say about today's title. LOL!!

By the sounds of it, it was a big hit at MSQC yesterday. Sure wish I could have gone. Sandy gave an awesome account of her day on another thread.

Today I am going to spend the day with my brother. We are going shopping and he is going to fix my sewing table. The opening needs to be made a tad bigger.

I went to town yesterday and had lunch with my MIL. I got all the gifts wrapped for my SS. That will go in the mail tomorrow.

Well that is how my day is shaping up to be. I hope yours is wonderful.

As Blondie would say SMILE!

DCM
November 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Happy Sunday! I hope to get a baby quilt for a friend's newest grandson pinned and partially (if not all) quilted today so I can move on to the next thing on my to do list. Have a wonderful day!

buckeyequilter
November 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning.....

Not much going on here today. I just planned my menu for Thanksgiving and a shopping list. I might go get that out of the way in a little while.

I'm going to make curtains for my dining room today and then maybe a little quilting.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs and prayers to all.

Ginny B
November 18th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone. It has sure been a busy couple of days for me since I was here on Friday. I had a great brunch with my brother and sil on Friday, went to Michaels and picked up some styrofoam balls for a "quilted" ornament I want to try (got to find that link again) and then worked on the hospital sized column quilt I am making for a co-worker of dh's. The renovation guys were downstairs working like little elves trying to get my kitchen ready for this week. They are making good progress and we are hoping to have a functional sink and working appliances by tomorrow. The electrician came yesterday to make sure everything was all set for the install. The only thing that may not be done by Thanksgiving is the painting but that will be fine. DH and I got a lot of boxes/bins unpacked yesterday and cabinets are set up. Today we are working on the pantry and then my sister is going to come over and help me get the dining room back in order and the downstairs bedroom too (overnight guests on Thanksgiving night if we do wind up having dinner here). Our cut-off day for making a decision on whether to have it here at our house or in Brooklyn will be Tuesday I guess. It's very exciting but a bit stressful.

Also adding a bit to the stress is that there is a bit of upheaval at work. On Thursday my boss "quit" -- well we weren't sure if she really did or it was just part of something she said when she had a major disagreement with the CEO. Well, I was off on Friday but yesterday I got a call from my direct supervisor and co-worker to let me know that when I come in on Monday morning, not to try and unlock the bosses' door --- they came in and changed the locks. We are not sure what that is going to mean for us. We work for the CFO so it is going to be a major issue for the agency for sure. However, I have off on Tuesday and Wednesday and then of course there is Thanksgiving Day and the agency is closed on Friday so I will have a 6 days away from the office.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Ginny B

Jean Sewing Machine
November 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning everyone. It has sure been a busy couple of days for me since I was here on Friday. I had a great brunch with my brother and sil on Friday, went to Michaels and picked up some styrofoam balls for a "quilted" ornament I want to try (got to find that link again) and then worked on the hospital sized column quilt I am making for a co-worker of dh's. The renovation guys were downstairs working like little elves trying to get my kitchen ready for this week. They are making good progress and we are hoping to have a functional sink and working appliances by tomorrow. The electrician came yesterday to make sure everything was all set for the install. The only thing that may not be done by Thanksgiving is the painting but that will be fine. DH and I got a lot of boxes/bins unpacked yesterday and cabinets are set up. Today we are working on the pantry and then my sister is going to come over and help me get the dining room back in order and the downstairs bedroom too (overnight guests on Thanksgiving night if we do wind up having dinner here). Our cut-off day for making a decision on whether to have it here at our house or in Brooklyn will be Tuesday I guess. It's very exciting but a bit stressful.

Also adding a bit to the stress is that there is a bit of upheaval at work. On Thursday my boss "quit" -- well we weren't sure if she really did or it was just part of something she said when she had a major disagreement with the CEO. Well, I was off on Friday but yesterday I got a call from my direct supervisor and co-worker to let me know that when I come in on Monday morning, not to try and unlock the bosses' door --- they came in and changed the locks. We are not sure what that is going to mean for us. We work for the CFO so it is going to be a major issue for the agency for sure. However, I have off on Tuesday and Wednesday and then of course there is Thanksgiving Day and the agency is closed on Friday so I will have a 6 days away from the office.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Ginny B Aren't kitchen renos fun? NOT! But the results of all of that headache is a nice new kitchen. I had mine done in spring '11, and my daughter had hers done in Winter'12. They both turned out awesome, done by the same guy. He's a fine craftsman. Post some pictures of your beautiful new kitchen when they are finished.

And good luck with the boss upheaval==those kinds of transitions are always difficult.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone! I need to spend the day chasing dust bunnies, dirty clothes, costume pieces and things of that sort. My sister and her husband are coming to visit, thankfully not until supper time, so I have some time to continue to get things done. They can at least get into their room, and I'm shaping up the other rooms to be passable. Still got a lot to do! This Sunday will NOT be a day of rest for me!

And my washing machine is acting all balky, just what I don't need this week!

MayinJerset
November 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Good Morning, Back from 2 day visit to Mass., saw DGD Josi's high school show, Legally Blonde, on Friday night. Josi did a lot of singing and dancing and really enjoyed herself. DGS Ben was at the show selling snacks before the show and at intermission. Their Mom (xDIL Anita) is the school drama teacher and coach so both kids are always invovled in the shows.

On Saturday we took the kids out to lunch then Grandpa and Ben checked out the Apple store while Josi and I shopped for her 16th Bday gift. She wanted a short black strappless dress but I put the kibash on it as her mom said, 'nothing that exposes her boobs" and Josi is full breasted. We settled on a pair of boots - all the high school girls at the show were wearing casual flat boots, high top, low top, suede, leather, plain, fringed - thought it was the 70's again.

Trying to get these old bones to work so I can get preparing for Thanksgiving dinner, Josi and Ben will be here with their Dad, DS#3. Busy weekend too as DGD and her new DH will be visiting from CA and we're all getting together. May in Jersey

PS: Photo of Josi at her cousin's wedding in June, now you know why her Mom said cover those boobs!32106

pcbatiks
November 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving week. We are going to my parents house today for our Thanksgiving meal while my brother and his family are in town. We're doing things different...........we are having seafood gumbo, potato salad and homemade pies for dessert! Yummy! Jess said The Dorky Quilt book is on it's way to my house....yeah! Can't wait to read it!

Sandy Navas
November 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Good Morning!! I cannot go into it but this day has started out not being what I had in mind. Life is good but upheavals all happen when I'm looking forward to great things . . .

Love, hugs, prayers, etc. Keep smiling - 'Cause BLONDIE is going to see NORA!!

quiltingtrish
November 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Other than this cold kicking my butt, it's been a good weekend so far. I did try the Vicks on my feet with socks on - helped a little and now the cat is going crazy loving up my feet-too funny. Yesterday I went to visit my BFF who was involved in an open house at a beauty salon. She gave me a professional manicure, ooh - they are so pretty with a very deep, dark mauve. Today I'll be raking more leaves at Dad's. He got a cold too and its hit him hard. He said he thinks he gave it to me, but I probably got it from school.
Lots of plans to sew and cut fabric for the measuring tape snap bags while I am off for the Thanksgiving holiday. Guess I need to do food shopping at some point too since the family thinks they are getting the whole turkey thing. Let's see - turkey, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes, apple pie, pineapple bread, and green bean caserole.

Just read your post Sandy - hope your upheavel is a good one.
Blondie going to see Nora? Praise the Lord! I can't wait to see pictures!

Off to get ready - hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,

aliaslaceygreen
November 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Sunny Sunday here... Off today and tomorrow, then I work straight through to next Monday, at least! Vacuuming and mopping are first up, followed by baby proofing a bit as we are squeezing in Layla visit while I clean and reshuffle the furniture in the living room for the new couch...which involved lots of discussion as to where the Christmas tree should go! Don't know the answer to THAT one yet...

Dd is making chicken dip for game day and Dh is making sloppy joes, so I will get out of their way and play with Layla this afternoon~
Have a great day!

BellasQuilts
November 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Good Sunday morning all. Not much here. Sandy, hope the upheaval is small. I would have Josie in turtlenecks, she's too cute!

Going to see the last of the Twilight movies with DD. She is letting daddy take care of Reagan for 2 hours while she gets some "down" time. She loves that baby, but how can you tell your DD how much work it is to raise a child? She has much more appreciation for me now as her mom. Love that we can share being "moms". Hugs to all and prayers for those here that are needing them. Thinking of Blondie off to see her DGD. Can't wait for pics!

shannonsaulter
November 18th, 2012, 02:41 PM
GM everyone!!!
We are doing our Thanksgiving meal since both my DD and I work on Thanksgiving...am doing ham, mashed taters and gravy, yams, greenbean casserole, apple and cherry pie.
Good thing I have tomorrow off to recover..
Gonna try and work a bit on my friends rag quilt.. then only 3 UFO'S to finish..
So have a great day all!!!

lilmouse
November 18th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Morning everyone...hope Blondie is having a safe trip there and is loving up that Nora; sorry you have an upheaval going on Sandy, hopefully it will settle down quickly, sorry you are fighting colds again, a manicure always feels good; Jean, hope your washing machine is just having a hiccup and returns to normal....and to everyone else have a great day....love to all and stay out of trouble!

Bubby
November 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We're having a good Sunday after a day of hard work yesterday. DH has been clearing some of our land and I did the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. I took the time to make a very detailed list. One the way out the door (without wearing my glasses) I grabbed the list and shoved it into my purse. Once at the store I put on my glasses and pulled out the list....don't you know it wasn't my shopping list, but a list of projects I completed in 2012. When I got back home I found the shopping list and I managed to buy everything on the list plus about $50 more!!

Have a great day! Hugs, Barb

Lonna
November 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Good Afternoon All,

So much going on with everyone. It is my usual Sunday here getting a few loads of laundry done. Made a batch of ginger snap cookies for Mom for her birthday. Did manage to get one cupboard clean out today in my kitchen. I am so far behind on my housework. This past year has been such a hard one I really need to get back on some sort of schedule. So now my question is do I go and clean the top shelf of my much to small panty or go and sew.

Have a great afternoon my friends, I'm off to do something weather right or wrong.

toggpine
November 18th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Hi Everybody!

Just checking in. I'd much rather be sewing, but my procrastination has finally caught up with me, and I must get this stuff done. I'm just taking a quick break as a reward for myself.
Safe travels wished for Blondie! I hope everybody is having a great day!

I had better get back to it!
Hugs, Cathy

Sandy Navas
November 18th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We're having a good Sunday after a day of hard work yesterday. DH has been clearing some of our land and I did the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. I took the time to make a very detailed list. One the way out the door (without wearing my glasses) I grabbed the list and shoved it into my purse. Once at the store I put on my glasses and pulled out the list....don't you know it wasn't my shopping list, but a list of projects I completed in 2012. When I got back home I found the shopping list and I managed to buy everything on the list plus about $50 more!!

Have a great day! Hugs, Barb

I did the very same thing yesterday, Barb. Knew the store where I wanted to do my Thanksgiving shopping was on my way home from M* and I was on my way back from Hamilton when I remembered I had not picked up my list.

How is it we always find things that weren't on our list though?

Madeforyouinma11
November 19th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Well, today was very long and I will be going to bed soon. I went to bed at 9pm last night which is way too early for me so I was up at 4:30. Hubby and I had coffee and I made breakfast all before 5:45! I had to get a few things at the grocery store so I was there and home by 8:00, unloaded,reloaded dishwasher, microwave cleaned and wiped down counters by 9:00. This afternoon my daughter and I went to Walmart and picked up a few things, we came home made supper and hubby and I caught up on some shows. I just took some medicine....think I'm catching hubby's cold. He is better but I'm all stuffy with a sore throat. I don't have time to be sick....too many things to get done. Oh we'll, hope everyone had a wonderful day and hope you have a great night. See ya in the a.m.