PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday!

Blondie
November 17th, 2012, 07:45 AM

The happiness in that adorable face is akin to what is building up inside me. I will certainly be dancing at the salon this morning for two reasons . . .
1. I am going to be seeing my grandbaby. I know I am disgustingly happy. Share that with me! I am sitting here at 5;30 in the morning giggling.

2. I won't have to be back in the salon next week. OH. MY. GOODNESS! The thought just occured to me. I mean, I've let my clients know but wowzers! This is the first time in over 10 years that hubs and I have been able to get away without it being a funeral.

Hello folksies - Happy Saturday

After work today I need to do some of Bubby's Blitz to get ready for the packing session. I also need to finish up a pretty Irish Chain for my grand daughter. Here's a peek - still needs to have the binding done.

May not be back here until after I get back home to NC next week. I will most certainly be thinking of y'all, praying for each. Sure wish I had wings to fly to MSQC today to celebrate their bash. If y'all go, give them all a big hug for me. Make sure you enter the doors singing Happy Birthday.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner USA. Say nice things about me while I'm gone. Sandy will clobber you with her leftover turkey drumstick if you don't.

bkthomas
November 17th, 2012, 07:51 AM
So Happy for you Blondie!!!! Can't think of anyone who would not say nice things about you and I second that - if they do, we will turn Sandy loose! Ha!
We will miss you but just relax and have a wonderful Gramma time!!!!!

Winniesfriend
November 17th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Blondie have a wonderful time away meeting your new grand baby, I would be giggling if I had that pleasure to.

Madeforyouinma11
November 17th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Oh Blondie, I am sitting here smiling for you! I'm so happy for you! She is going to be so much fun for the holiday. You and LL are going to have sooooo much fun....enjoy every minute. That quilt is beautiful! She is going to look so precious wrapped up in it. Make sure you take lots of pics so we can see them when you get back..SAFE TRIP!! :icon_woohoo:

Well, I'm off to get ready for the craft fair today! Hoping it's successful. I'll check in later...
Hope everyone has a great day!

Monique
November 17th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Oh Blondie we all share your excitement. Have a wonderful and safe trip.

This cold of mine has travelled south on me. Cough*hack*cough.

Not much going on today. Hubby and I were going to see a movie, but now with both of hacking the patrons would appreciate us at all. So it will be a day, can't even say a quiet day with all this coughing. LOL!! Tomorrow I am going to by brother's for the day. He will fix my sewing table. The opening needs to be just a little bigger. Then he is going to take me shopping for a TV that I am buying hubby for Christmas.

I have a busy week next week with appointments and work.

Have an absolutely wonderful day everyone. All of you going to MSQC birthday bash, give them a big hug and kiss from me.

Bubby
November 17th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Blondie....Go with joy!! I'm sitting here giggling with you, Girl!!

The Irish Chain for Nora is gorgeous! Now she can have a hug from Grandma whenever she needs one.

This is a work day for us. DH is in the shower, Molly is eating her breakfast and I'm pretty much not functioning yet. It would help if I was a coffee drinker, but I don't drink it or consume any caffeine (except what I get from chocolate!) and some days that's plenty.

Have a terrific Saturday everyone...Hugs, Barb

Lonna
November 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Gooo Morning All,

Need to be getting ready to head to work then after work today it will be rush rush rush, leave it to me to wait until the last min. to start a lap quilt for my mother. Tomorrow is her 80th birthday so yesterday I desided that I need to make her a lap quilt. I am using the Big Star pattern only going to use four stars so I am hoping I can pull this off before tomorrow. If not I will show her what I have done and then get it finished as quickly as possible.

Have a great day all and take a minute or two to just enjoy the moment.

aliaslaceygreen
November 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Be safe, have fun and take pictures!!! (oh, and CUDDDDDDDLEE Nora!!!) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

MRoy
November 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good morning! Blondie, make sure to get lots of pictures with that adorable grand-daughter! We'll be thinking of you next week and smiling.

I'm going to start sewing my QCA Mystery Quilt blocks today. It's the first mystery quilt I've tried. I just learned last night about a 4-day quilting retreat that is held every year practically in spitting distance of me. The next one is in January 2013, but I can't go because of work commitments. When I retire, I'm going for sure. As Blondie says "Heckfire shoot!" It's close enough I could drive back and forth every day if I had to.

If you're going to MSQC today, wish them Happy Birthday from me too!

sewbizzy
November 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Blondie, have a safe and happy trip....give that grandbaby lots of hugs and kisses....the quilt you are making her is wonderful!

buckeyequilter
November 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mornin....

Blondie, I'm excited for you!! Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Well my cleaning has begun...washing the curtains in the living room right now and getting ready to clean the windows. Then I will get that curio cleaned - takes a while doing that. I think I'll do the living room and bathroom today and leave the dining room and kitchen for tomorrow. Then work on the bedrooms during the week. I have things to do on my 4 days off and it doesn't include cleaning.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

SuzyQue
November 17th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I am wishing everyone a fantastic Saturday! Blondie, hug and kiss that adorable little Nora for us all and enjoy your time off! Shirley, wishes for much energy to accomplish those cleaning tasks. And many more wishes for everyone in between! Prayers and hugs to all. I am off to MSQC!!! Happy Birthday to them and aren't we so lucky to us!!!!

dizzyLiz
November 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Blondie,
Have a wonderful safe trip and hug that baby for me.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Blondie, I know you will have a great time with Nora! I'll be thinking of you all week, anticipating some good pictures when you get back!

pcbatiks
November 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Dear happy Blondie.........you are the only one I know of who would be giggling at 5:30 in the morning :) Have a great time playing with Nora and enjoy your break from work. Wishing safe travels to everyone for the holiday and as one of my cousin's said one time...........don't forget to wear your "stretchy eating pants." :D

meemeecyn
November 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Blondie, have a wonderful time with baby Nora! Beautiful quilt and such a nice way to give her some extra loving. Have a great trip and wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?
Cynthia

pcbatiks
November 17th, 2012, 11:09 AM
For those of you lucky one's going to the MSQC b-day sale.............Be Sure and Take Pictures for the Rest of Us to See! Have Fun!

New York Sue
November 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Enjoy, Blondie! It's got to be SO difficult being SO far away. SOAK up every minute!
And please get a pic of Nora on her beautiful quilt. ;)

CrazyMtnLady
November 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Good Morning all, and Oh what a beautiful morning it is. The sun is shining brightly and the weather is nice.
Blondie, have a safe trip and we will be looking forward to the long, photo filled post when you return.

Not much on the agenda here that is interesting. Housework and go get a load of hay. Yippee Skippy.

Have a great weekend and hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
November 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.chipandco.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/turkey-leg.jpg

Just watching out for MY WONDERFUL FRIEND.

Outta here to CELEBRATE WITH M*QC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrice
November 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Beautiful Blondie! Yesterday was my last day of work for a week. Hope to get some quilting done. My son and DIL are hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. I can tell he has something up his sleeve. I am not allowed over there till that day. I look forward to getting to come home afterwards to a clean house..yeah...:)

auntiemern
November 17th, 2012, 01:14 PM
So excited for you DF. This surely does make my heart smile. Make sure you spoil her good and proper. We will miss you while you are gone, but knowing where you are, will make us happy. Have a safe trip, and give Nora a big ole hug from her cyber grannies and aunts.

BellasQuilts
November 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Blondie, we are all tickled pink for you. Go and enjoy that grandbaby and we can't wait for you to come back and share pics and stories. What fun!

Claire Hallman
November 17th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I am so excited for Blondie, lots of hugs are going to be had.:D
I didn't get my binding on my Christmas D4P quilt yesterday as planned, my day just disappeared when I had to go buy more fabric for the binding. I went to J and then the grocery, then shopped for a bookcase for my soon to be grand girl, stopped to visit a friend and then it was dark. Maybe today I will get it done. I did get the backing pieced for a Christmas gift quilt so maybe I will get it sandwiched today. I plan on embroidering a label on the backing first. I have not done that before so we shall see how it goes.
I am off to get those things done. I wish I could fly to M*QC with Blondie but alas, no wings.:icon_hi:

HandsOffItsMine
November 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Blondie, your quilty for Nora is beautiful! You're going to have so much fun and make sure that you give her extra hugs from her Opa Don and Oma Ruby! Safe journey of course, eat alot of good food, enjoy the family!

We're on pins and needles waiting for doctors to get back to Matt. Trying to keep Kat's spirits up as well.

Our little Penny got tuckered out in her new Jumperoo yesterday. She's just like her Mommy, will crash anywhere! Kat never wanted to go down for a nap, just played, played, played 'till she dropped. :D

Trying to work through a flare...time to SITD on Baby Luke's quilt. :)

Prayers for all in need, Huggers for all, Ruby

lilmouse
November 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Ruby, keeping all in prayer; the pic of Penny is so cute, Blondie, drive safe, enjoy your week off of work, spoil Nora for all of us, we will miss you but will be looking forward to a looooooong post about your time with family......hope everyone has a good weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to all who are traveling and a safe trip! I took advantage of the free shipping today on daily deal and bought more than I should have but I have visions of quilts dancing in my head! Off to get ready for work after I read some more....hugs and blessings and prayers for all!

shannonsaulter
November 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Happy Saturday!!!!
So far before 10am I have been grocery shopping and to Joann's for thread and new scissors..
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Patience
November 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I have been offline for long enough to miss this exciting news, Ms Blondie. i expect your feet will not touch the ground for quite a long time.
Hoping that everyone who was able to get to the MSQC had a wonderful time. This year I have learned to be truly thankful for learning to sew and quilt a bit, thanks to these people. I am also thankful for the people here because while I may not be on very often or be very chatty, when I do get online, I spend enormous amounts of time reading. I feel as if I know so many of you, I pray for you and live vicariously through many of you. Most especially I am thankful that Blondie took a lot of time being nice to me through pm's, encouraging me to post and be as active as I can when I am able to. She was determined to keep me interested enough to come back. I think if anyone ever needed a positive friend, they should be sent her way. If I ever meet her and jenny I will feel like I have been to heaven.
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.