PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - I am on a countdown -

Blondie
November 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Good morning folksies! It is actually a bit earlier than what the dog says but I know by the look on his face that he means business.

Well my wonderful BIL fixed the drop cord yesterday. Hallelujah. Last night I told Luscious that on the days that our grands are here, he needs to do something about the cords, so they aren't tempted to find out what the colorful thing tastes like.

I don't know where this week has gone. I have a few more days of work before the holiday next week. Here is what I am on a countdown about. My son and his wife have a rental car reserved for us to come up and visit them for Thanksgiving! Mom is going to come up there with us! I can't wait to hold my grandbaby for the first time and I will be a blubbering mess I know. Kinda hard to feel the whole granny thing when all you see are pictures. Videos help but you can't cuddle the computer. My monitor and keyboard are constanting wet from the tears that flow from me. I am just a mess over this, y'all. Yee Haw. I am wanting to finish up a few more things before I leave to get up there, since I can hand deliver their parcels for Christmas then.

Blessings, prayers and hugs to all. Smile!

Bubby
November 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Good Morning Blondie,

I'm so thrilled you will be able to hold the little princess at last! This will be a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving for all of you. I remember the first time I got to hold my DGD, who is now almost 22! Memories like these never fade.

DH and Miss Molly are still sleeping. I was up and down with leg cramps all night. I guess I need to buy some super minerals and add them to my diet.

I've been playing with the embroidery machine again - making a few Christmas pieces but don't know what I'll ultimately do with them. I found a gorgeous pinecone piece and think I might plan a table runner or even a quilt around it. Sandy told me when I bought my new machine that I would try the embroidery and never look back...was she ever correct! It's a wonderful, colorful adventure!

I have bookkeeping to do today and bills to pay. It's tax time in Missouri....arghhhh! I also need to make an appearance at the grocery store for odds and ends some time today.

It's time for me to get the household moving into their morning. Wishing everyone a great Friday Eve!

Hugs, Barb

EnumclawGramma
November 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good morning Blondie! I was up early today as well. Dogs. Ugh. DH is building a fire, I've got my first cup of coffee right here and I guess I'm going to get an early start! I decided yesterday to attempt to make a quilt for my son and his girlfriend. They're having a Housewarming party on Saturday. Think I can finish it by then? Sort of a log cabin variation. Don't know why I put this pressure on myself, but I'm gonna do may best! I have so many projects for Christmas waiting to be finished, but this just seemed like a cool idea.

Foggy today!!! And COLD! Frost on the cars for sure. I can see stars though, so I bet it's a beautiful day!

Have FUN with that Grandbaby! Love love LOVE the GRANDS! "We did all that....to get to this"....ya know?

****HUGS****

dwil23
November 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, so excited for you all to be seeing and holding the baby! How old is she? I became a grandma for the first time in September, and although only a couple of hours away, I have only been up there three times. Hoping my DS finds a job closer to home. Please drive carefully!

I hope to finish up my three "little cousins" quilts - one only needs binding and two still need to be quilted. I also am doing a flannel rag blanket that needs to be stripped and bound. I need all of these by next Saturday, so have to get busy today. Also, have alot of house work to do. Blech. Tomorrow I will be going to my best quilting buddy's house to quilt and celebrate her birthday - which is actually Thanksgiving Day this year. I ordered her something really pretty - and just tracked it and it shows it should be delivered today - yeah! Can't say what it is, because she does "lurk" here occasionally!

Here's to a productive day for us all!

MRoy
November 15th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning! Blondie, you are going to have a wonderful time with that grand-baby. I'm so happy for you! My first grand-baby is having a birthday today. He's turning 12 and it seems like it was only yesterday that he was born.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

quilter.martha
November 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM
My morning has started off shaky. I just got a phone call my from daughter in Rochester NY. She was involved in a hit and run accident. Her car is probably totaled. She is OK, but did hit her head. She was sitting in the back of the police cruiser when she called (it's cold out--she wasn't arrested!) and was a little upset. When she can think clearer we'll emphasize the need to get herself checked out. It is hard to be far away when your baby is in need.

I'm so glad you're gonna get to hold and love that grandbaby Blondie! Enjoy every minute of it.

MayinJerset
November 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Blondie, you have a great time in store for you when you visit your grandbaby, you can cry and slobber all over her in person instead of your computer, LOL?!
DH will be installing a new flat screen tv this morning. I'm going to help him by cleaning behind the old tv and while I'm at it I'll clean out the piles of books, bookmarks, pens, pads etc. that he has messing up the area where he sits. If tv installation goes well I can get back to sewing a twin size quilt for Sandy's victims. May in Jersey

Jean Sewing Machine
November 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
So glad you are getting to see the baby. I thought about you the other day and realized you hadn't seen her in person. What a wonderful thing your son has done, to help you get to hold her and cuddle her! I hope the days fly by until you get to see her!

Monique
November 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Oh Blondie I am so for you. You need to give her kisses from me too. What a wonderful Thanksgiving it will be this year. Can't wait to see all the pictures you will have. Have a WONDERFUL time and DRIVE SAFELY.

Martha, thank God she wasn't hurt. Vehicles can be replaced. Hopefully she got herself checked out and will put your mind at ease. Let us know.

To the rest of you, looks like a busy day ahead.

I went to town yesterday and got a few groceries. I was so tired, I had to have a 2 hr nap in the afternoon. Maizyn was so thoughtful to leave us each with her cold. Both of us are all stuffed up. I did manage to finish the wallhanging/table topper yesterday. I will take pics of it today.

I have a new granddoggy. Rockstar Mustache is a pug/pomeranian

This will be breakfast for the dog my other son has. LOL!! Bull mastiff/great dane. From one extreme to the other. JEEZ!!

We caught a mole in our trap yesterday afternoon. This is the first time we have caught a mole. Strange.

Today is the bazaar and supper at our church. I am going to take my MIL. After dinner I will hang around and help, probably doing dishes. They always need help.

Well that is what my day is shaping up to be. I hope your day is fruitful for you.

pcbatiks
November 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Good morning.........Blondie, so happy for you. We can tell how excited you are about seeing and holding your granddaughter. Martha glad that your daughter was not hurt in the wreck......saying a prayer of thanks for her. I hope to put borders and layer the quilt for my MIL today. It will be a b-day or Christmas gift depending on how productive I am. Her b-day is next week. We are having seafood gumbo at my parents house early this next week for our Thanksgiving........yummy! Hope you all have a fabric filled day! :)

CrazyMtnLady
November 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Good Morning all. Blondie, so happy you are finally going to be able to love on that grandbaby!
Martha, hope they find out you hit your daughter's car. I pray she is okay.

It is pretty chilly this morning...okay it's cold. But once again DH didn't put any add any wood to the fire before coming to bed and TarButt actually let me sleep until 6:30 this morning instead of waking me up at 3:30 like usual. So I had to rebuild the fire morning and it hasn't really taken off yet.

DH got his deer cut into quarters yesterday, so I spent the afternoon preparing the meat for processing. I cut some into cubes to can for Stew Meat and the rest is just cut up to grind for Hamburger. I have two more legs to do today and then I can start canning. I am excited. I have canned veggies before but I have never canned meat. We just decided we needed to start canning more things. If we have a power failure for any length of time we won't lose our meat if it is canned and not in the freezer. Now the only delema I have is where to store it. I guess I need to make a bunch of shelves in the back room. So now sewing for me until the meat is done. And then I need to get out and get my own deer!!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
November 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
While I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear - just visualizing Blondie with that sweet Nora in her arms, and Larry blubbering, too . . . I am kinda giggling imagining Donna in her camo sitting in a tall, tall tree!!

Martha - those long-distance phone calls about accidents are the pits. I remember DD calling one time and telling me it was raining in Houston so hard you could barely see and she had just rear-ended a Mercedes. The guy got out, surveyed the situation and told her to leave as he wasn't damaged. Still makes your heart palpate beyond belief.

To everyone out there, I hope you all have a blessed day. I'm hoping to slow down but it doesn't look like I'll get a chance. Battery went totally defunct in my car yesterday (when they tell you 5 year life-cycle they mean it), so after getting it to the shop and making all my other commitments I was bushed. The kids are driving Nana up the wall with changing plans on Christmas presents. They are all so cute about it though.

I may not get any sewing in today but I'll see. Stay warm and happy, safe and sound, don't do anything I wouldn't do, okay?

GrammaBabs
November 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Bubby... the easiest and most fun thing to do is a Pillow!!!! I do the "sash top and bottom,,, then side and side"... sash can be as big as you want it,, and of course,,, multiple colors and sizes.... square it up... lay i RSD on a pice of fabric you like for backing... sew around,,, leave opening... turn,,, stuff... DONE... people will love them!!!,,,
OH, and a tip... i buy the 2pk for 5.00, pillows at Walmart..if i want smaller one.... i "cut" the pillows in half.. whip stitch together and use as filler... you can just use the filler if you want... or my favorite is to shake the stuffing down a lot, stitch and cut off extra... makes a nice size firm square... whatever way... you save money..!!! Have fun![
..GBQUOTE=Bubby;192970]Good Morning Blondie,

I'm so thrilled you will be able to hold the little princess at last! This will be a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving for all of you. I remember the first time I got to hold my DGD, who is now almost 22! Memories like these never fade.

DH and Miss Molly are still sleeping. I was up and down with leg cramps all night. I guess I need to buy some super minerals and add them to my diet.

I've been playing with the embroidery machine again - making a few Christmas pieces but don't know what I'll ultimately do with them. I found a gorgeous pinecone piece and think I might plan a table runner or even a quilt around it. Sandy told me when I bought my new machine that I would try the embroidery and never look back...was she ever correct! It's a wonderful, colorful adventure!

I have bookkeeping to do today and bills to pay. It's tax time in Missouri....arghhhh! I also need to make an appearance at the grocery store for odds and ends some time today.

It's time for me to get the household moving into their morning. Wishing everyone a great Friday Eve!

Hugs, Barb[/QUOTE]

sewbizzy
November 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Blondie, I am so excited for you, too....there is nothing like holding and being with the grandchildren...what a wonderful time you will have...hugs and blessings....

mamaquilt
November 15th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Blondie,

I'm so glad your wishes come true and you'll be holding that cutie pie in your arms. They are adorable, I tell you and then your grannie feelings will owerflow.

Wish you a safe trip in advance and lots, lots, lots, of grannie feelings, wet kisses etc. I'm sure you're Mom is as excited as you are. Is that her first great grand child?

Take some Luxembourgish hugs and blessings to little Eleanor Joy and her family

Michèle

SuzyQue
November 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi, all! Cool fall day here.
Blondie--what an exciting count down! I can't even imagine how excited you must be!
Barb----I would never get anything done, nor eat, if I had an embroidery machine! I can think of so many things I would decorate! How much fun it must be.
Martha--prayers for your daughter....how scary! It is so hard when your kids are away and you can't run to help them. (I have a daughter in need now, too)
Everyone else...enjoy your day. I am off to deep clean the kitchen....behind the frig.....the hutch...the floors....the rest of the room. The living room is gorgeous and done. I would love to have the dining room done, before Thanksgiving! I am slowing down more every year...but I do enjoy a sparkling home!

aliaslaceygreen
November 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
YAY!!!!!!!! That is absolutely fabulous! I'd pack the car with unfinished projects and leave sooner, myself. Arent they in the NE? Hear another storm is headed that way...you SHOULD get there and be all hunkered down with baby cuddles before it starts. Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Claire Hallman
November 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Oh Blondie, how wonderful to finally be able to cuddle that beautiful little girl.
So sorry about the hit and run, I sure hope they catch that person but if not karma will make their live miserable for them.
I am heading out to lunch with my No Hat group [formerly red hat] and then do a bit of shopping. Tomorrow I hope to bind my gorgeous Christmas quilt that I have made in a D4patch from a layer cake that I got last Summer as a DD. It is looking so pretty, I did a lot of the quilting using my embroidery machine, I will post a picture when it is done.
Cleaning is on tap for next week here since we have cousins coming for Thanksgiving and a shower here the next weekend. I have to empty and wash/polish everything in the china cabinet.:0 What a job and the chandelier, too. I may not be reading here much next week.:D

toggpine
November 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Just passing through & checking in!

Make it a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Lenie
November 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Blondie, I'm so very happy for you!! That sure is a very good early christmas present for you and Larry. I wish you the best time ever together!! And please make pictures of you and Nora, so we can enjoy it with you!!

auntiemern
November 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Blondie, I am so excited for you. I don't know how grand parents do it, when their grand babies are so far away. I am lucky, mine are 7 min from me. Even when she lived 2 1/2 hrs away at the lake, we would spend 4 days a week there babysitting my first. (That is where we keep our travel trailer) Martha, glad you DD is ok, and hope they catch who hit her. Today I am not sure what I will get done, if anything. Took Barbs Blitz advice, after de-cluttering the common areas of fabric and all things crafty. Still not finished, was interrupted with baby sitting. By 10 last night I could NOT move. Every inch of my body was screaming at me. What wasn't inflamed and swollen, was annoyingly painful. Would have had a weaker person in tears. Right wrist and knee are still very swollen and don't want to bend. Hopefully later today things will begin to improve. Have to put the rest of the house on hold for a few days tho. Any way, enough complaining. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. Have a wonderful day.

Lonna
November 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Good Morning All,

How wonderful for you Blondie to go and see that Grandbaby!
Not much happening around here still have a little of that feeling of dread going on but not as strong. It was a year ago this month that Wayne was told he had lung cancer so that may have something to do with it. Although the other day when it was the strongest I was checking my email and there were two messages frompaypal that they made two payments to ITunes to the tune of $160.00 now this was not of my doing. Come to find out my not so trustworthy son in law was the one who made these charges on my account. I was lucky enought that I Tunes refunded my money but it will take anywhere from 3-7 days to happen. It sure did not take them 3-7 days to take my money more like 3-7 mins. So now I am the one who has to do with out on the account of him. I really did not care for him to begin with and now he is really on my list. Doing my best to not let Wayne know about this as he will hit the roof and he does not need this kind of stress on him. I am so sorry to vent this here but just so tired of carrying this burden around.

Have a great day my friends enjoy your loved ones.

lilmouse
November 15th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Blondie, I am so excited and happy for you...we want pictures when you get back! Sorry to hear about the hit and run...hopefully she will be all right and someone saw what happened and can describe the vehicle....hope her head is fine! Sorry to hear you are in such pain Marilyn...sending up prayers for quick healing to swollen joints....Lonna, please vent anytime...we are here for you! To everyone else; hugs and prayers...I love all of you guys!

MayinJerset
November 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Oh No, not another NE storm! Good thing I stopped by here while sipping my lunch (creamy carrot soup). We're heading to Mass. early tomorrow morning to visit grandkids for a couple of days. Last trip there the rain was so heavy at times we had to pull off the road. I'm going to check at the weather channel. May in Jersey

shannonsaulter
November 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
OH Blondie have a wonderful time..I get to work Thanksgiving as I wasnt lucky enough to get it off...but just got my schedule for 2013 and next year I get Thanksgiving and Christmas off..WOOHOO!!!
Have a wonderful Day!!!!

bkthomas
November 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I guess we can all feel your excitement Blondie! So happy for you! Lonna, I understand about son-in-law crap, vent any time....
Martha, prayers for your DD....Marilyn, you just work too hard, slow down GF! Sandy, your DGD's can do no wrong, can they? You do have a lot of fun with them and that is great!
Almost done with Chris's quilt and wall hanging - Had 2 of the cheater panels and decided to make the 2nd one into a wall hanging and send both to him. Very happy with how they are turning out, will post pics soon.
Have a Happy Sunshiney Day!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
November 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
While I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear - just visualizing Blondie with that sweet Nora in her arms, and Larry blubbering, too . . . I am kinda giggling imagining Donna in her camo sitting in a tall, tall tree!!

Sandy... You will not see me in a tall tall tree... I am afraid of heights. I sit in a ground blind!

Sandy Navas
November 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Martha--prayers for your daughter....how scary! It is so hard when your kids are away and you can't run to help them. (I have a daughter in need now, too)
Everyone else...enjoy your day. I am off to deep clean the kitchen....behind the frig.....the hutch...the floors....the rest of the room. The living room is gorgeous and done. I would love to have the dining room done, before Thanksgiving! I am slowing down more every year...but I do enjoy a sparkling home!

Will hugs help for your Molly? Sure hope so - if not, a special prayer just said. Watching kids grow up and be on their own is one of the most difficult things a mother has to endure . . . and yet mine is over 40 and I still worry daily about her.

One of the greatest compliments I ever had was from a repair man who replaced our ice maker in the refrigerator - "Gee, this is the cleanest floor under here that I've ever seen." Coming from a repair man I knew I was okay!!

Divine Daisy
November 15th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I am STILL beading

Places back of hand to my forehead and sighs dramaticly..........woe is me.

See? told you I am posh n sh*t

BellasQuilts
November 16th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm so happy for you Blondie!!! I got Kleenex if you need it.

alliek
November 16th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Nothing like those grandchildren. Hold her close and long she'll be growing up before you know it. It will be a blessed time!