PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday already

Blondie
November 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM

Hello Folksies!
It's another wonderful day in my world. Still trying to find my shine, since I had to rise. However, I expect today to be as fabulous as yesterday, which was rather awesome for me.

I was able to get some cutesy little ornaments done - super simple, I finished up a quilt top for my granddaughter Nora, and I actually got it sandwiched and started sewing on it last night. I also finished up the binding on a few circle of comfort quilts - cleaned the bathrooms, swept the floors, played with the dogs, tried to figure out some computer stuff, got a nice fire started in the woodstove and all of that was before hubby got home. Why is it that I can solve the problems of the world while he is at work? hahaha, I am always happy when he comes home - love my Luscious hugs and the sound of his voice - some of my friends say his voice sounds sort of like Barry White, never thought of that; just know I love to hear him call me "Baby". There I go, following my thoughts from one to the other again, like a puppy chasing it's tail. What I meant to say before I started thinking of my sweet man too much, was that it is difficult for me to accomplish much while he is around. There is no reason really; he doesn't stop me, I just can't seem to get it all together? If he is outside working in the yard, I can do a wee bit better but if he's in the house, I may as well just hang that notion up.

Off to get my self together. I like to get my "me" time in before 8 a.m. That's when the grand dogs come. I learned yesterday to not leave them unattended too long in their play area. You see, when LL was putting up the lights, he had to have some electrical drop cords and one is in their area. Yep, it got chewed in half. I haven't told Luscious yet. I mean, cats are the only animals with nine lives, right?

sewbizzy
November 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Blondie, I know exactly what you mean about getting lots done when dh is not around...I love him dearly, but I somehow forget everything I'm doing because we have so much to talk about...you wouldn't think so after being together for 54 years, but it's true...
so I like my alone time when he is off hunting....he has been such a help to me now that my hip is acting up...
wow, you got a lot done last evening....you go girl!!!
It's always so much fun to hear about what everyone is doing on the forum..
Hugs and Blessings to all....

Monique
November 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning Blondie and Carol. I get more done without hubby around too. He was away most of the day yesterday and I got a wall hanging/table topper done and the Christmas card would not have liked. LOL!! The wall hanging was not much better. Thank God that no one can see the seams in the that baby. I will finish up the binding on those today and take pictures when done.

My granddaughter has left me with a cold again. I don't know why she does that. Someone told me that was because I was close enough to cuddle. I have to agree.

I have a few things to do in town this morning. I need to take my big roast pan to the church today. They use it for the Christmas pudding. Their big Christmas dinner is tomorrow night.

That is what my day is shaping up to be. I hope your day is awesome.

MRoy
November 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning! Well I should be able to get all sorts of stuff done when I'm home because DH leaves the house by 5 am and doesn't come back in until after 8 pm! If he's in the house for very long during the day, he's either napping or sick. It's staff meeting day today. My new supervisor seems to l-o-v-e meetings. I think she has meetings to plan meetings to talk about meetings.

Happy Wednesday/Hump Day!

Bubby
November 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Good Morning,

DH is back to work today after his week off for hunting. He got some much needed R&R, but no deer so far. He hunts on our property after he gets home from work.

I got involved in working with our pictures in the computer yesterday and somehow we had tons of duplicates so I did lots of deleting and organizing. It was time well spent as far as I'm concerned.

I love the Daily Deal...a nice blender with another project I want to do. Until the end of the year I'm concentrating on finishing up UFO's..I'm really backed up. I won't be able to have anything quilted until after the new year....my LAQer is backed up until then! If I was 20 years younger I would buy a machine and start a home quilting business. Even in this area those businesses seem to thrive. Quilts are treasured around here!

Our weather is definitely winter now...it's 26 this morning. No sign of snow so far this year. normally we get the first snow around Thanksgiving and occasionally before Halloween.

I wish everyone a great Wednesday. With DH going back to work today it feels like monday to me!

Hugs, Barb

meemeecyn
November 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Good morning! DH just left for work and the house is quiet. That is, until the humming of the sewing machine starts! Like Barb, I have some UFO's I want to (or should say should) finish up.

Love the cartoon today, Blondie! How do you manage to find such great ones so often???

Hope you feel better with your cold, Monique.

Yuck to meetings, Myrna!

Have a wonderful day to all you special folks.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
November 14th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Surprise, surprise, surprise!! I'm here and it ain't ev'n 7 am in my neck of the woods. Amazing. Now that I am up and about I realize that there ain't ev'n anything moving through my brain, so I'll just say hello and try to focus once the java kicks in.

Days being taken up with DGD projects - life goes on. Fun, fun, fun!!

aliaslaceygreen
November 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Morning all. I just want to say I disagree with this whole getting up and going to work thing.....
I was productive the last few days, now I have to go back to the place and do the thing again... ugh!
But...I do feel like I am on the right to do list to be finished by Christmas at least!
Have a great day!

MayinJerset
November 14th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cold morning here and it must be damp outdoors because my knees are aching. Had a nice small quilt/book group meeting last night where we all talked about how we did with Hurricane Sandy (no heavy or physical damages), our month's read (about a lighthouse keeper in Australia), our next project (lighthouses of NJ blocks) and our December Pot Luck dinner meeting with a Christmas gift exchange. Wow, that's a lot for 8 women to discuss and make decisions about in 2 1/2 hours. It was a very productive and enjoyable meeting as our hostess had a cozy wood fire burning in her quilt decorated living room where we began our meeting and then we moved into the dining room with it's table so nicely set and loads of her famous Irish Soda bread and butter to enjoy with our tea. Hostess of the month's meeting chooses our next book, her choice was a light and funny one - any of Janet Evanovich's Plum novels.

DH will be hanging around the house most of the day but I can't use that as an excuse any longer, I must straighten up the downstairs rooms this morning. I still have a stack of linens on the dining room table from the weekend and the floors all need attention. We'll be away this weekend and next week our son Tim and kids will be here for Thanksgiving and the weekend so I better get my hiney in gear. Picked up my 'free' turkey from the supermarket yesterday and need to double check my shopping list so that I have all that's needed for Thanksgiving dinner. Son Tim will be making his corn casserole with help from his son Ben who likes to cook. Almost forgot to all to the list fresh pressed cider from a local farm martket, they use mostly red delicious apples and it's delicious.

Sandy Navas
November 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Morning all. I just want to say I disagree with this whole getting up and going to work thing.....
I was productive the last few days, now I have to go back to the place and do the thing again... ugh!
But...I do feel like I am on the right to do list to be finished by Christmas at least!
Have a great day!

Trish, you so remind me of the little boy after his first day of school. His Mother asked him "What did you learn today?" The little boy thought for a moment and told her, "Evidently not much, I have to go back tomorrow."

Jean Sewing Machine
November 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hello folks! I got up early to put out the trash, and found that kitty had made a mess by his litter box. I think he puts his front end in, and leaves the back end out and then lets it rip. What a puddle!

Cleaned off my countertops for the upcoming Thanksgiving bash. I installed a nice long countertop a while back and it works great for family dinners as our buffet server space, BUT it can't have junk mail, layer cakes and charm packs from Sarah, receipts, printouts from the computer, etc, etc, etc, if it is to serve that function. Got the stuff sorted at least, now to find a home for it, or the trash can!

Tried to load my "torn" fabric on my long arm frame yesterday, it was a wonky as a dogs hind leg, no matter how much the sales lady insisted that tearing it was the only way to get it straight. it is at least 5" longer on one end than it is on the other, that just doesn't work well on a quilt frame! I'll have to take it off and square it with a t-square and rotary cutter, or else just return it to the store. What a mess. I am going to try to mount it from selvage to selvage and see if that works, or else I'll have to cut it or return it. Guess my goal of getting it quilted by the weekend is not going to happen.

Work today, then I have an appointment to get my car serviced. It has umpteen recalls on it, they are going to fix two. One thing Toyota learned is not to ignore problems when they get wind of them after that throttle sticking debacle a couple of years ago. Now, they agree to fix every little thing on every car that might be affected, hence the boatload of recalls. These are for little things, I wouldn't bother having them fixed if I had to pay for them. I have three Toyotas, so we are getting recall notices a lot! Now, don't think I have Jay Leno's garage, my daughter drives one of them.

Hope you all have a nice day! Get some sewing done if you can fit it in, always is good for the soul!

CrazyMtnLady
November 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
31896 at least it feels wacky to me. I got up at 1:30am with the dogs and then had trouble getting back to sleep. TarButt decided it was time to get up a little bit ago so here I am. I have an awful sinus headache too.

Did not get any sewing done yesterday. We had to go to town and by the time we got back home it was time to put away groceries and get dinner. Then I watched The Voice and zonked out. I do have a bit on my plate planned today. I am going to try and get my SSS box put together today. I bought the wrapping paper yesterday. I wish I had more to put in it, but my funds are always pretty low at this time of year. I do plan on making things all through the year from now on and that way I will be able to pick and chose things for next years SSS. I also need to press out some major wrinkles in my Black & White quilt so I can get the FMQ finished on it. I had it folded and stored in a plastic comforter bag and the cats decided it was a nice bed when they were in the house and laid on top of the bag and made major wrinkles. :( But I won't be able to jump in and start anything until the sleeping giant wakes up. Don't want to make any noise and disturb his beauty sleep. ;)

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

ginampls
November 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
wow, you all sure have been active..i on the other hand have been just queeking by.. i get to work today and i like that.. most of you know i work at the chain fabric store that begins with a J.. any who.. busy there.. and have more craft projects than i care to get into.. it will be done..i have missed you guys so much.. not funny how busy i have become.. but doing better than ever!!

NanaB
November 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Good morning, all. Sounds like a great Wednesday for most of everyone. I've got a load of clothes in the washer waiting for me to take out to the line to dry. Then I'm going to get busy on one of the (seems like) dozen quilts I have pin-basted and waiting for FMQing. Not to mention the three tops that are ready for sandwiching! Why oh why do I wait until I have so many before I quilt???? Meeting Hubs at the VA for his appointment later today. I need to go with him so that I can 'nudge' him to tell the doctor everything and/or ask her everything.
Well, this isn't getting the laundry on the line, so I'd best get off here.
Blondie, thankful the extension cord wasn't plugged in!!!!!

stitching woman
November 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Good morning ladies, I have not posted much the summer as I have been working on quilts for our local veterans. It has been a labor of love and a test of endurance. There are six of us making the quilts so we have been very busy.

Blondie like you when my DH is around I don't get much done. I find I would rather send time with him and since he is now retired we are together all the time. He is great at helping me with my sewing projects and the fact that he used to have a sewing machine sales and service business helps as he keeps my machines in top notch order.

I am looking forward to Saturday and Missouri Star's birthday bash. Sure hope I get to meet some of you.

toggpine
November 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Good Morning!

It is "Late Start" day for the kids. They go in an hour late so the teachers can have a meeting, e v e r y Wednesday. Why Wednesday? You just get them in the routine of getting up and then you let them sleep in. Monday or Friday seem better days to me. Oh well. I have a few minutes before I have to get the little Miss up and going.

I have to go down to the post office and pick up the pass code for the door. Apparently they are putting a lock on the outside door so if you stop to pick up your mail after the main office closes you need the code to get to your box. If our mailbox could be seen from the house, I'd say "bah" to the P.O. Box, but there have been days where I find our junk mail in the ditch. So bills and other important mail go to the P.O. box.

I am sure I will find something to do today on my list of 623 Things That Must Get Done. I just haven't decided which ones.

Catch up with you all later!
Cathy

auntiemern
November 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Good day all. Blondie, love the pic. Can't use that as an excuse right now though. Been chilling the last 2 days in recovery mode from the long hours at the fair. I usually can get plenty of sewing done when DH is around, but can't manage to get much else done. The constant why's, about why I am doing whatever it is I am doing, just keeps me from doing anything. I will get to some of those today while he is still gone hunting. Jean, I would take it back. It should have been cut to begin with. As far as early mornings, of course I have an opinion about that too. I personally think it should be illegal to get up before the sun does. Except for folks that have jobs that HAVE to be available 24/7 (policeman. fireman, emergency responders and peeps that work in hospital or health care facilities) You know what I mean. Have never been a morning person, and probably never will. Well off to get something, anything, constructive done. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

shannonsaulter
November 14th, 2012, 03:50 PM
What a busy bee you are...Hope everyone is enjoying their day..its off to work soon but had to drop in...

lilmouse
November 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Marilyn I am with you...I am a night owl...and with Steve home we have been in bed by 9:00 pm...that's usually when I get wound up and get something done in the sewing room....he's gone again and once I get the house back in order (think Pig Pen from Peanuts) I will hit the sewing room...oh yeah, just remembered I have to change out a light bulb in there....not sure when it went out...noticed it today...seemed awlfully dark in there! We spent the day running errands and grocery shopping and then his dispatcher called and it was high tail it out of here to the truck, load everything in and he is off and running again! And I am home alone with the dog and parrot again.....at least now I can get something done! When he is home I accomplish very little and it takes me a day or two to get back on track again...hoping to stave that off this time....Hope everyone had a wonderful day and completed all their tasks. Hugs and prayers for everyone!

BellasQuilts
November 14th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Good evening. Worked from home today and was productive. Felt good to feel normal again after DD and GS shared their nasty cold with me. Finally feel like my batteries are holding a charge. Working on Christmas presents for family slowly. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and then dreading Christmas. I just can't stand the bombardment of ads, etc. that have nothing to do with the holiday - SPEND, SPEND, SPEND and not a word about what the holiday is for. Can't stomach it. I would do away with the entire event if DH didn't get a thrill opening his presents. He's worse than the kids. Oh well, guess I will have to muddle through. Thank Heaven for Thanksgiving! Hugs to all and saying prayers for all here that need them. Megan

dwil23
November 15th, 2012, 01:35 AM
I don't know, Blondie. My sisters dog has already been through way more than nine lives in his 18 short months. Howard was a rescue from the pound where they had to remove a rear leg - probably hit by a car and never given medical attention. Since she has had him, I can't tell you how many trips to the E-vet for things he has eaten. Things that would normally kill or at least seriously injure other dogs. She called me tonight as I was a block away from the house. "You have to see what Howard has done now." So, there she stands in the driveway, holding the end of the cord and electrical transformer from her NEW air conditioner. It was ON! and he was ALIVE. Not injured in any way shape or form. Oh Howard. It is a good thing we all adore you! I will try to post a picture...