PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my girl.....

Divine Daisy
November 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
My eldest daughter Heather is as some of you will know a Geotechnic Engineer. When she was 14 years old she made a promise that one day she would sink a well for women and children in Africa who must carry this so basic need miles every day.

Next month she will be 31 years old. She has worked so hard, gained a hard earned degree in a subject and industry that is 97% male dominated, has held her own and gained the respect and acknowlegment of the men from executives to drillers and in the process incurring horrible student debts from which she will not be free until her 40s. She now runs billion pound progects all over the world building everything from bridges to tunnels to wind farms.

Over the past week she has finally managed to fulfill her dream and commit herself to her promise of the well. She is to drill a well in Mpika in central Africa at an orphanage for children of aids victims many of whom are HIV positive or have full blown aids themselves. The main fundraiser for the orphanage is June, an old hippy friend of mine who works tirelessly and manages to provide the full upkeep of both the building and children and also the school they built to educate the children locally. Those local families who can pay do and the fees help to fund the other kids.

2013 will see Heather living her dream and the orphanage and school getting a much needed second well. I am so proud of her.

This is the website of the orphanage

http://www.mpika.org/

joyrocks
November 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Fantastic.

bakermom
November 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
WONDERFUL!

mamaquilt
November 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Stubbernous works wonders! I'm very glad for your daughter and you have all the rights in the world to be very proud of her.

GREAT JOB and my best wishes to your daughter, and to you as well as to your DH

Greetings from Luxembourg Michèle

Bubby
November 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM
You must be very proud of your daughter!! That's quite an awesome accomplishment for such a young woman!!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
That is a wonderful story! Strong women in your family! Congratulations, Heather, wonderful success story for a very important cause.

bkthomas
November 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Extremely good accomplishment!!! Congratulations!

Winniesfriend
November 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
What a wonderful thing for your daughter to do, you have every right to be proud of your girl.

MayinJerset
November 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Daisy, You have every right to be proud of your girl, wonderful achievements and most likely many more to come. May in Jersey

auntiemern
November 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Oh Daisy, I can feel your pride all the way across the pond. Congrats to her, for being able to fulfill her dream, and to you for raising such a wonderful young woman.

BellasQuilts
November 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
You should be very proud of her, and she very proud of herself. Hats off to you, dear!

pcbatiks
November 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Amazing accomplishments! You have every right to be proud of your daughter!

K. McEuen
November 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
That is fantastic!

sewbizzy
November 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Congratulations to your daughter Daisy.....you have every right to be very proud....WONDERFUL!!!!!!0

Monique
November 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
You have every right to be proud. You have raised a wonderful daughter. Congratulations Heather.

Gayle8675309
November 13th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Oh Congratulations to your girl! You have every right to be so proud of her. This world needs more people like her in it, people who want to help others.

Gayle

NanaB
November 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Daisy, I KNOW you are proud of your baby girl. How wonderful to see your dreams come to be. What a blessing she is giving to these people in need.

Sandy Navas
November 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
What a wonderful, rich and very rewarding thing she is getting to do. To accomplish one's goals to help solve problems of others is an amazing achievement. Tell her we all say CONGRATS!!

bopeep
November 13th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I can see why you are so PROUD of her.....
Way to go Heather !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bopeep

New York Sue
November 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Congratulations, Miss Daisy! What an accomplished daughter, you have! I'm curious as to her next goal...
AWESOME!

EnumclawGramma
November 13th, 2012, 11:00 PM
What a wonderful story! Congratulations! Children take after their parents, ya know?

MRoy
November 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Congratulations to Heather for achieving her goal! I think she inherited some of her mom's determination! You have every right to be proud Daisy.

lilmouse
November 13th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Daisy...you have every right to be proud of Heather...let her know that we are proud of her as well...Congratulations on achieving her dream!

phoots
November 14th, 2012, 03:10 AM
You must be very proud of your daughter! I would be!

Pam in Vegas

csarina
November 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
What a wonderful daughter you have and how great that she now has the opportunity to do something she promised to do many years ago.

Love it!!!

shannonsaulter
November 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM
That is awesome!!!!

ElaineP
November 14th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Just brilliant!

Elaine

Lisapc
November 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I have worked with a lot of women and men from Kenya and Nigeria and other areas of Africa. It is wonderful that your daughter recognized the basics are so important for everyone.

Congratulations on a well done job of being a Mom!

janluna
November 24th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Congratulations Alison and Stewart! Your Heather is a brilliant girl. So happy for all of you. God Bless her and you both. Hugs, Jan

CrazyMtnLady
November 24th, 2012, 11:11 AM
What a wonderful think she is doing, you can be very proud of her.