PDA

View Full Version : I just spoke to Jackie at MSQC!!

Monique
November 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I just got off the phone with Jackie. I am trying to use the binding tool and watching Jenny's tutorial at the same time. I did it wrong again. I just wanted to say that I heard her voice. I am tickled pink, can you tell?

a1angiem
November 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Monique - I gave up on the binding tool! I learned to do it myself using a book - and I sew across the ends WRONG every time!!!!!! But yesterday, I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF, without looking at the picture, correctly, the first time!!!!!!!!! I am so proud! Small accomplishments, right? You'll get it, keep trying (and if you want to hear my method, just message me!)

cyndiofthevortex
November 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I have a binding method that works every time but I am always stressed that the next time for some reason it won't work and I'll have to work on it all over again. I'm binding my first ever scalloped border today. We'll see how that goes!

And yes, I can tell that you are excited about talking to Jackie!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Jackie is the salt of the earth! I met her when I visited MSQC last spring, she is just great! She'll figure out any problem and make it right! What a great customer Service person she is! Glad you got to talk to her.

I lost my binding tool somewhere, and haven't missed it a bit. I can do it correctly and successfully every time using my own method. I would like to do a friendship braid using the binding tool, but that is all I want to use it for.

brook
November 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I really like the binding tool. The only time I have problems with it (in the beginning) was when I didn't have the 12" opening 12 inches.

jackie1915
November 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
How sweet- thank you ladies!! I must admit, talking to so many of you on the phone is the highlight of my job!!! Jean, I also sent you a message regarding our Birthday Bash this weekend....should be so much fun! Thanks again, girls....you're the best!

bkthomas
November 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Nearly as good as meeting one of them, right? That's awesome - Happy for you!

Winniesfriend
November 13th, 2012, 06:38 PM
How nice for you, I gave up on the binding tool, I was taught a different method at a quilting class where you dont have to match up seams, it is so much easier, the friendship braid is also on my todo list though.

Bubby
November 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Jackie's awesome. She has never failed to resolve whatever issue I'm dealing with...she's a gem! Barb

BellasQuilts
November 13th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I wish I had a reason to call and talk to Jackie. They just make everything so easy, I don't need to! Hmmm, maybe I can pretend I had a problem and call....nope, wouldn't work! Or, maybe I can just call and say Hi and Thanks!

RiverMomm
November 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I would be tickled pink too!

LOL-that's a good idea Bella!

I wish I had a reason to call and talk to Jackie. They just make everything so easy, I don't need to! Hmmm, maybe I can pretend I had a problem and call....nope, wouldn't work! Or, maybe I can just call and say Hi and Thanks!

lilmouse
November 13th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I use Nancy's method....(Nancy Notions). She has a video and someone posted a link to it not long ago....it has helped my binding overall...they are coming out much nicer than before!