PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Greetings

Blondie
November 13th, 2012, 06:49 AM

Happy Tuesday Greetings, folksies!

I am hoping that everyone had a nice Veterans Day. As mentioned yesterday hubs was home and began sorting out his Christmas lights. He even put them out yesterday. He won't be turning them on yet, but he is glad to have that done. I spent the day cleaning out this hole in the wall we call a pantry. Oy vay. It took me an hour to straigthen it up. I still need to clean behind the fridge and do inside the cabinets really good. If you are wondering there are some things I do twice a year and some things I do perhaps once a year. I really needed to clean that pantry up; it looks like a war zone. I dislike cleaning. I really do. But since no one else will do it, I am the candidate. Once this tour is done, it will be a year before I really deep clean again, hahaha. We generally get lots of company/visitors over the holidays and I need to be ready. Of course, since it is the season that spidies like to creep out from the houseplants or try to scoot in from outdoors, I am extra glad that my fella is close by when I do some deeper crevice cleaning. Yikes. No spidies yesterday, whew!

Today I am back to the kitchen to finish what I started. Once it is all cleaned up I am going to start surfing online at paint stuff. Any suggestions? We currently have our cabinets painted barn red. I am tired of that after several years and am seriously thinking of yellow. Which means I will have to kilz the cabiners a few times to cover the red. We don't mind. At least the hubs is good natured and likes to help me paint. Ain't I lucky? I will need to get some fabric for the cabinet insert "curtains" and sink skirt. I am also tired of these and over the years have discovered that it is important to use really good fabric here. That will be fun to search online for and drool over. Again, any suggestions?

Okay, off to fill the coffee cup up again.

Monique
November 13th, 2012, 07:04 AM

Philip and his momma.

Good morning Blondie. Have fun picking out paint and fabric.

I had a wonderful weekend with the children. Maizyn is just so darn fun now. Although, Sunday night, we put her to bed. i could hear her so I went upstairs. There were no lights on, so I went to pick her up and she had no clothes on. Uh oh. I turned on a light and she hands me a diaper and says, I poo. Diaper is empty. Turn on the light in the bedroom and there it is in the middle of her bed. LOL!!! Jodi, you better get up here. Then she thought she should get into bed with Poppa. We can't start that.

Today things are back to normal, whatever that is. No work this week. I think hubby is going to visit some friends at their hunt camp today. Good, out of my hair for the day. I will try and get some sewing done. I have so much to do and can't get my butt in gear.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Blondie
November 13th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Monique, Phillip is so very handsome - I know you are more than proud of him. You are quite a good looker too. He does favor you I think.
Now Maizyn! Well, if she can take her diaper off and say I poo, it is time to intro her to the potty. hahaha. When my oldest one was about 18 months old, he noticed our dog "whizzing" on a tree. He couldn't wait to whip it out and do the same. The light bulbs went off and i told him that from now on, he could do that in the potty. And the big stuff too. Of my 3 children he was the easiest to potty train, my daughter being the hardest and most anal retentive child. I declare, she still is. Truly, I love her to pieces but a big pain in my big butt!
Hope you have a great day

Monique
November 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Monique, Phillip is so very handsome - I know you are more than proud of him. You are quite a good looker too. He does favor you I think.
Now Maizyn! Well, if she can take her diaper off and say I poo, it is time to intro her to the potty. hahaha. When my oldest one was about 18 months old, he noticed our dog "whizzing" on a tree. He couldn't wait to whip it out and do the same. The light bulbs went off and i told him that from now on, he could do that in the potty. And the big stuff too. Of my 3 children he was the easiest to potty train, my daughter being the hardest and most anal retentive child. I declare, she still is. Truly, I love her to pieces but a big pain in my big butt!
Hope you have a great day

Thanks. I am very proud of him indeed. Maizyn has been potty training. But she is having trouble with bowel movements because of the iron she now has to take. Jodi is trying to give her more fibre but it is not easy with toddlers.

MRoy
November 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Good morning! I'm reading about poo and whizzing and recalling when my son and grandkids were toddlers.LOL!

Blondie, I had yellow kitchen cabinets many years ago. We lived in an old farmhouse and I painted the metal cabinets sunshine yellow and made yellow and green curtains to match. It was really bright and cheery.

Monique, your son is a handsome fellow...gets his good looks from his mom. It's back to work today and I really dread it after 4 days off. I'm very thankful to have my job, but I'm giving serious thought to retiring next August.

Hope everyone has a great day!

quilter.martha
November 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Morning all! Monique, I love it when people post pictures of themselves and their family. You should be proud of your son--he's serving his country and he is so good looking too! What a combination!

Today is work for me too. I'd rather stay home and sew. I have ever so many Christmas projects to finish up and time is running short (they all have to get mailed out). I feel stressed about it. And now I feel like I may be coming down with something. I just can't get sick again. My episode last month was so horrible I'm just scared of it happening again.

You all have a good day.

Blondie
November 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Oh, I know what you mean about the iron, poor thing. She has my sympathy. Good thing she has a loving granny to encourage her along the way.
Blessings

Thanks. I am very proud of him indeed. Maizyn has been potty training. But she is having trouble with bowel movements because of the iron she now has to take. Jodi is trying to give her more fibre but it is not easy with toddlers.

Lonna
November 13th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Good Morning All,
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Kinda down in the dumps the past few days, Don't really know what is wrong. I get this feeling a couple of times a year. It is like something bad is about to happen and don't know what it is. I really hate this feeling of dread. Woke up around 3 this morning never got back to sleep until about 5 and my alarm is set for 6 so I guess it is going to be a long day. Well I best get ready for work have a great day all.

aliaslaceygreen
November 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Oh, Lonna, I hope that feeling goes away soon! Take care of yourself...!

Bubby
November 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Good Morning,

So poop is the topic of the day! My DGD was a handful and would only sit on the toilet to poop if she was totally covered up with her blankie. I have a darling picture of her on the toilet covered up with her yellow blankie with only her cowgirl boots sticking out. Who could begin to know what's going on in their heads at that age.

Blondie, having just painted the inside of the kitchen cabinets in our old house, I recommend you don't do that! Our kitchen is deep apple red and the largest wall is egg yolk yellow. If you are a yellow person I think you would love your cabinets that color. With fabric inserts in the doors and around your sink you could use any number of themes or colors....chicken wire print would be cute. I would find the fabric first and then coordinate the paint with the fabric. There are so many shades of yellows.

DH has one more day off and then it's back to work. Not sure what we will do today. I would love to go to town and see a movie or something fun. We had a hard freeze last night and it's just 22 right now. Miss Molly didn't waste any time outdoors this morning....it was take care of business and right back in. Normally I have to go out and carry her back indoors.

I finished two UFO's in the last week. I'll post pictures after I find the camera...DH took it with him on his trip and it hasn't surfaced yet.

I need to start moving and do a few loads of laundry. Wishing everyone a great day! Hugs, Barb

lilmouse
November 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Lonna, sorry you are feeling this way! Hope it passes soon! Morning Everyone....sitting here with Sassi in my lap.....took sis to work and went out for coffee....nice break in the old routine! Last time I take her to work...advised her to let me know if she needs a ride again. Got another top ready to pin bast yesterday and had to stop to go to work...so today agenda is to get it basted, quilted and bound and on to the next one...almost to the half way mark...will be glad when this is behind me! Anxious to make more COC quilts; just don't have the time right now and I have to finish up my SS box and get it in the mail also! Sassi needs to go and get her shots today.....she is currently curled up in my lap sleeping away...almost too big to stay in my lap...she has almost fallen off a couple of times now....of course I don't have that big of a lap! Hope everyone has a great day...hugs and prayers for all in need...and SMILE..peeps will wonder what mischief you are up to!

meemeecyn
November 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning, Quilting Friends! It sounds like you are going to have a ball with the 'redo', Blondie. Knowing your sense of incredibly beautiful style, you will find something simply gorgeous!

Monique....very handsome Philip! Blondie is right, resembles you. Too funny about the poo story. That will go down in Maizyn's baby book, I bet.

Martha, hope you aren't getting anything.....know this is a busy time of year for you. Are you getting enough sleep? Carry the Purell with you after shaking those hands! hehe

Lonna, you take care, too. Wonder if something happened around this time of year and your subconscious is playing tricks on you. Those memories will often come out in weird ways.

I am hoping to sew today after my errands. Was so busy with the hospital Craft Fair the last few weeks, I didn't get much chance to be creative in a fun way!

Have a great day everyone. Oh, love the cartoon, Blondie. So true!!
Cynthia

aliaslaceygreen
November 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Good morning! Third day in four I have off (I can feel payback coming...) Anyway. Looks a bit more seasonable out there....grey and cooler.
Sold my DD's car yesterday, and finally settled on a couch.
This was a huge breakthrough for me. The living room couch is 63 years old, it belonged to my grandmother, I still have the receipt! And other than destroyed by the cats and bigger than the average subcompact car, lol, perfect. I resisted. I even found fabric to have it redone....but got cold feet over whether it was structurally able to start over.
I decided if I could find a sleeper sofa I liked, I would buy it, but if not, I would seriously look into the redo route.
I also decided I would NOT be an anal wench about the level of perfection in the way of style....it just had to be something I liked. Not 100% perfect, because I've spent the last two weeks looking at photos of people throwing away every last scrap of their belongings...things. The couch is a THING.

Blondie, photos of your kitchen are a MUST before we can tell you yellow!!!! Come on, you KNOW the rules!!!

I have done much puttering in studio as well, and have a 1/2 dozen projects I want to work on in little plastic tubs to grab and work on between now and Christmas. Plus, I have quilting today with my friends!!!

Take care, happy Tuesday!

MayinJerset
November 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Gals, My, such a handsome young man with his lovely mom - nice photo to view to begin the day.
Blondie, I also just hate the annual pantry reorganization, but it does feel good to have control over it. I always find stuff I didn't know I had because DH put them in the wrong place - usually on the highest shelf that I can't see or reach.

It's official, DS#3 and his kids, Josi and Ben will be here for Thanksgiving dinner and the weekend. DGD Christine and DH Adam newlyweds from CA wil be visiting her Mom (DIL MJ) and Dad (DS#2) so plans are we all will be together at DS#2's the day after Thanksgiving when we will also celebrate Josi's 16th Bday. How's that for planning ? Not mine by DIL MJ's. Don't know if DS#1 and family will be joining us, they never seem decide what they are doing until the last minute.
Have a good day, May in Jersey

EnumclawGramma
November 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Good Morning! Raining and cold here. Typical Fall day. You sure can feel Winter's on the way. It's back to normal here after a 4 day weekend for my DGD. I've got half an hour before she's up to get ready for school. Quick stop here then it's time to get busy!

Blondie I lived in a wonderful 1920's bungalow a few years back and the kitchen cabinets were "faux oak". I took all the doors off, painted the cupboards white, took the doors outside and sprayed them blue, followed with a light coat of white and then distressed them to bring the blue through just a little. I had 4 upper cupboards that I broke the center panels out of and....this is gonna sound weird to some.....put chicken wire in! It was the cutest thing EVER! When we put the house on the market a year or so later, I actually had people say "oh look! The kitchen is all original!" The chicken wire gave me a reason to keep those cupboards organized. I loved it. I miss that kitchen.....

Better get to it! I'm down to 20 minutes till my morning silence is gone and the day's activity begins. Hoping to make time for sewing today. Hoping. Hugs and prayers to all in need.....***HUGS***

CrazyMtnLady
November 13th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Blondie: I love a kitchen with a light yellow paint job. But then I also like Orange. My kitchen just happens to be all wood and boring.
Monique: Phillip is a very handsome young man. Please thank him for his service.
Lonna: I hate those feelings of dread. There are times when I will wake up like that and just sit and wait for the phone to ring knowing there has to be something wrong somewhere. I prayer all is well.

Barb: Didja hear me yesterday? I was shouting... 31844HELLOOOOO BARB! as we drove through Licking. We had to go to Cuba to meet a fella that was driving from the north and that was about half way.

We may have to go to town today, not sure yet waiting to hear from our friend that camped over the weekend. He may be coming back today to bring back our big cooler he borrowed and to pay for a gun he is buying off DH. I have so much housework to catch up on. It seems like days since I have not be on the go, either with company or with deer campers. I do need to get to the grocery store though. We did stop in Rolla, MO yesterday at the Wal-Mart and I got some more pint canning jars so I can get my deer meat canned. :) If we don't go to town today I may get time to go sit in the woods this afternoon and do some hunting of my own. 31845

Have a great day. Hugs and prayers to all.

Cathy F
November 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Blondie: I think I would also find a fabric I loved and pick a color out of that for the paint. Can't wait to see what you decide on!

Monique: What a lovely picture of you and your son, it's good to put a face with a name.

Looks like we may get a little rain today, so it's a good day to get up in the sewing room and get a few loose ends tied up in there. Tomorrow I'm driving up to Lake George for my annual quilt retreat, four days of blissful sewing , no cooking, cleaning, or distractions :) I thought I might have to cancel due to the gas situation so I'm so happy to be able to go and see my once a year quilting buddies and my sister is coming as a day tripper on Saturday, yippee!

Hugs & prayers to all that need a few extra today.

Sandy Navas
November 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I hope no one ever feels slighted when I check in here each day - there are so many wonderful things going on that I just can't keep it all straight in my mind. I guess after all these years I have too many busy highways criss-crossing in there. However,. I do have to comment on Blondie's kitchen (although I am a constant organizer in there . . . it often confuses Al so very much and he makes weird comments to me) . . . but having plain oak cabinets that I quite often feel are way too dark, I'd love to make a change or two. My kitchen walls have an off-red wallpaper with tiny (very tiny) white designs that look like tiny polka-dots. I would imagine this paper was put up when the house was built and it is only now starting to come loose in places and I know it needs replaced. The counter tops are a blue formica and when I bought this place the colors were one of the driving forces. Now though I would truly love to have the upper cabinets painted a dark greyish green and have the walls painted the palest of yellow. That means the counter-tops would have to be changed out and if I'm going to do that then the stove (UGLY BUILT-IN BLACK, GAS) needs updated (which means the wall ovens, too), and then the sink (I'd love an old-country soapstone sink) . . . well, you get the picture . . . thousands of dollars down and I'd want to change something else . . .

Off to see the Jones kids today (Bro and Li'l Sis and their respective mates). I'd best find my way off here and get showered).

Fun day yesterday afternoon with the DGDs as they started making presents for Christmas. They are all getting better in their decision process yet it is amazing to watch the differences in their personalities. Gotta love them.

Hugs to all - prayers where needed.

aliaslaceygreen
November 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Sandy, do you know the book, "If You Give a Mouse A Cookie?? "... that is pretty much house my house decor changes come about too!!!

Claire Hallman
November 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Blondie, about that kitchen. Are you sure you want to tackle that big job before Christmas???
If you do the "buy the fabric first" advice is the best ever.
We have lower cabinets I painted dark red that I glazed with black [the new antiquing from the 60's] and the uppers are maple, also lightly chocolate glazed. I love it with the golden yellow walls.
I do want to redo my curtains, they have been there a while but not quite ready to tackle that job. When I do I think I want to use red/turquoise with a little yellow thrown in so I don't have to paint, too.
Good day to everyone and happy quilting.

toggpine
November 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hi Everybody!

We had enough of a kitchen re-do this summer. Although, I should have painted before we put the tile down and while we had the refrigerator pulled out. I may have to paint the ceiling in the kitchen. When making this year's blackberry jelly, somebody forgot to put a piece of Saran wrap over the screen. When the berries started skooging through the strainer juice shot up to the ceiling, across the floor, and across the cabinets. He also managed to clog the auger. DH is severely restricted on his use of my Squeezo strainer in the future. As for the ceiling, I don't do heights well, and we only have crappy, wiggly ladders. That juice squirt may just have to stay there for a while. Perhaps by next summer I'll be in the mood to haul out the fridge and paint the kitchen.
I am suffering with Sandy's kitchen pains though too. Once I get started, I want to do the whole thing. Our counters need to be replaced too since some idiot thought the best place to join two pieces of formica countertop would be the middle of a sink. I would gladly take two seams on both ends of the counter over just one at the wettest spot in the whole kitchen. Ugh. Then I want to replace the 4" oak trim piece that pretends to be a backsplash. I'd like those pretty glass tiles.... Oh I had better stop dreaming!
For Blondie's kitchen, I sign on to the "Buy the Fabric First" plan. It is much easier to match paint to a fabric than the other way around.
Alright, enough lolly-gagging about. I have the house to myself so I had better get the vacuum across the carpet and then I can turn up the tunes and do what I please for a little bit. I think a bit of fabric therapy is in order!
Catch up with you all later!
Hugs to you all!
Cathy

auntiemern
November 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM
If you have Miralax there I would try that. 2 of my GK's have a hard time with that, and that is what heir pediatrician recommended. It is tasteless, and will mix with any liquid.

auntiemern
November 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Blondie, love the idea of matching paint to fabric. Been thinking bout a little change in mine. I love my wall color. It is the color of chocolate milk, and I actually took a bottle with me to me out the perfect color, since no one else was getting my vision. Hard to change to much, without having to take out all the tile behind the L part of the kitchen, behind the sink and stove. But changing out the curtains could entirely change the look. My next 'big' project will be the bathroom. I want a tall toilet. Some times just to hard to get up and down from my low one. Ok enough of that. Monique, your son is so handsome in his uniform. Lonna, sometimes it is just the time of year for folks to get down, with the holidays coming up. DH is gone til the weekend so should be doing something constructive, but just don't have the energy. Maybe in a couple days. Wishing everyone a happy day. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

shannonsaulter
November 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM
GM all gonna make this short have been fighting migraines since saturday..no fun but working through it..back to work again today and trying to get some fabric cut before I leave...making two mug rugs that will go to Australia to a gf and then a rag quilt for a friens for Christmas all the squares are cut..8x8 and it will be 5rows long and wide...Wish me luck..
OK gonna get off here enjoy your day everyone...

bkthomas
November 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Sandy, do you know the book, "If You Give a Mouse A Cookie?? "... that is pretty much house my house decor changes come about too!!!

Love that book!!!!

bkthomas
November 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=96f46614-b69a-4267-96f4-e00f47a27c93

Blondie,
Just an idea - I went to Fabric.com and typed in coffee, then in the upper left clicked on "quilt fabric"
also, checked out chickens...I love yellow, good luck with your decision making.......

Sandy Navas
November 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM

Also "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" Love those books.
"If You Give a Moose a Muffin."
"If You Give a Dog a Doughnut."
"If You Give a Cat a Cupcake."

I think, given the current economy, I'm going to start saving corn cobs . . .