PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Marathon

madampolo
November 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM
We spent the weekend in San Antonio because my step-daughter ran in the half marathon today. I have to admire those runners, especially the full 36 mile runners. They looked exhausted crossing the finish line. Yesterday we had a great time doing things like riding the little train that goes around Brackenridge Park for 20 minutes, the Japanese Tea Garden, Mexican market, Witte museum, and eating at a favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, etc. We also visited my MIL so she could see my step-daughter. We all have been on the Riverwalk so often, we completely skipped it this visit. San Antonio has an awesome "flavor" to it, right up there with San Francisco and Boston, although those cities are wealthier and the homes nicer. We had a great time, but is good to be home now.

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2012, 09:08 PM
San Antonio is one of my very favorite places. There are times that I wish I lived there but that would make me too far from family and I'm truly enjoying them now.

Love Austin, too.

I used to have a bumper sticker when we lived in the Houston area that read "I am not a natural born Texan but I got here just as soon as I could."

God placed Texas pretty durned close to Heaven.