PDA

View Full Version : Sundays are a good day

Blondie
November 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM

Ever wake up happy and feel just ducky and want to dance? Me neither. Despite your secret thoughts of me, I am not a really happy person when I wake up. Oh I don't wake up fussing and cussing; i save that for when I watch the news on television. hehehe. I don't wake up jolly. I wake up and think, why do I have to get up? Would the world come to an end if I suddenly just decided to stay in bed? Could Gracie hold herself and do the Mexican Chihuahua hat dance for a while longer? Could hubby figure out that what I really want him to do is to go out and buy biscuits for breakfast, with hash browns,please? Ahh, well, I never sleep in too long. Only as long as my internal alarm clock allows me. And when I do wake up, I am rather quiet until the caffeinne kicks in. Then watch out everyone on The Hill. Blondie is up and at 'em!

After dinner last evening, we all went over to DD's house for dessert. She made some killer almost carb free peanut butter cream cheese chococlate pie, piled up with sugar free cool whip. We all sat around feeling fat and quite sassy. A good time for all.

Today, my hubs will be sorting out Christmas lights in the basement. Go ahead and slap him for me. Luscious may not look it, but he is very methodical. He is the kind of plan his work and work his plan kinda guy. First, he will test every one of the gazillion billion strings of lights, individually, patiently, letting the excitement build in his heart and mind. Charlie Brown & Clark Griswold bundled in one big ol man. Will I help him with the lights you wonder? Heckfire shoot! I am not getting tangled up there. It is his personal joy. I will instead find some other trouble to get into.

Have a wonderful day Folksies. Put a big smile on your face, a cuppa yum in your hand, step forward and remind yourself that there is nothing gonna happen today that God can't handle and help you through.

Blessings to all

Jean Sewing Machine
November 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I can just see your house now at Christmas time, every kilowatt in the county buzzing toward your humble abode! I had two neighbors who competed with each other to see whose electric bill could be the highest! You'd drive down our street, most homes were dark, but there was this awesome glow once you got near these two homes! Hope LL finds joy in his work and can replace every burned out bulb! Me, I just pay a guy to hang my lights and take them down when Christmas time is over, all I have to do is flip a switch and write a check! In fact, they've been up for over 3 weeks now, and the check has been written and we just need to flip the switch!

I'm trying to get a chevron quilt finished by next weekend. My sister and her hubby are coming to town and want to stay in my guest room, which is jammed with costumes right now. I want to finish the quilt, make a new bedskirt and then clean the rest of the house by next weekend. This will be a challenge. I think I piddled around too much this past week, and now we are almost on to Thanksgiving, and I still have costumes gracing my every room. Need to get my butt in gear!

It will be a "no rest for the wicked" kind of Sunday and upcoming week, that's for sure! Hope everyone else has a nice day!

MayinJerset
November 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Blondie. DH is still asleep so I'm making the coffee this morning and hanging out here while it's brewing. I'm going to need my coffee so I can begin feeling ducky, LOL!

Good luck to your DH with his Christmas lights. My DH isn't really big on the Holiday decorating bit and is too old to be climbing up on the roof so we string some lights on the big yew in front as our outdoor Christmas tree and then along the foundation plantings. I say 'we' do it as he does the physical stuff and I do the directing, if I didn't all the lights would be in one place.

Washed everything in sight yesterday, it's all in neat piles on the dining room table or on hangers all ready to be put away. Trying to get organzied for trip to Mass. on Friday to see granddaughter Josi in her high school play, Legally Blonde, and also to celebrate her 16th Bday! Was supposed to bake 12 dozen cookies this week for next's Sunday's Cookie Exchange but decided to skip the exchange this year. Even though I'll be away I could have dropped them off before I left for Mass. and the hostess would take care of exchanging my cookies for me. Cookies are great fas an extra Thanksgiving dessert and also to bring to my cousin Toni's Turkey Soup and Sandwich Party the day after Thanksgiving. Coffee's done and everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hugs to all, May in Jersey

MRoy
November 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Good morning! Blondie, we may be long-lost relatives based on our morning attitudes. I'm a big talker, except in the mornings before I've had my coffee. DH hits the ground running, but it takes awhile for my motor to rev up.

It's going to be a gorgeous day here, temps in the 70s, and I hope to get out and enjoy it since it's supposed to get cold and maybe snow next week. Happy Sunday and Happy Veterans Day. Thank a vet for your freedom!

Divine Daisy
November 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Morning all. Rememberance day here in the UK. Did our 2 minutes silence at 11am, I am always amazed at how central London comes to an absolute halt at 11am on the 11 November no matter what day it falls on.

Today is quilting the christmas chicken window hanging, cooking roast for Sunday Dinner and generally doing the things I would normally do on weekdays when not toing and froing to radio therapy. One week and one day of that to go and then to quote Braveheart.........'FREEDOM!!!!!!'

Bubby
November 11th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Molly and I slept in again this morning. When DH is away the girls try to catch up on our beauty sleep. We're both a little beyond sleep helping anything cosmetic!!

I finished the binding last night on a JRR quilt I made about a year ago. When DH gets back from his trip (he took the camera) I'll post a picture. Today I will do the hand sewing on a table runner.

It's windy and cold this morning. Molly loves to be out in the wind and chase (in slow motion) leaves. I like to stay in out of the wind. One of the reasons I was so happy to leave Las Vegas 21 years ago was to get out of the wind, which blows constantly there. Speaking of Las Vegas, has anyone heard from Pam?

I think I'm going to crawl back in bed and watch some TV before I start my day. Will check in later.

Hugs & Prayers all around, Barb

Ginny B
November 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Good morning everyone. And what a good morning it is being able to wake up in your own bed and it is warm and toasty in the house.
It took a while last night for the house to warm up but it feels good now.

Going to spend a bit of time with my sewing today and we do have to go get the handles for the new cabinets in the kitchen. Everything there is at a standstill. The granite company did come with their own generator and installed the countertops last Wednesday so I was happy about that. That was a major thing. I hope the contractor can come back tomorrow and make some progress. I texted him and let him know that we got power back. I guess there is still a chance that we can have Thanksgiving here but my 2 sons are getting the house in Brooklyn ready (pull out the extra table and chairs, make room in the fridge for all the dinner fixins', etc.).

The sun is shining and it is going to be a nice day today. Have a happy day all.

Ginny B

auntiemern
November 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Morning all. I am up again way before my internal clock would wake me up. It is set for somewhere between 10 =11, lol. I am NOT a morning person. Need at least 2 big cups before I can function. Today is the last day of the "Why did I do this" craft fair. Hopefully today will be better than yesterday. Most of the crafters' said they thought the unexpected football game, (parking was non exsistant) and the weather being so warm, kept folks away. They said they usually do very well. As of now I have to make another $10 just to cover the cost of my space :(. Only 5 hrs of it today, then I am done making anything crafty, to try to sell. I will still do the show with Rhonda on 12/1...then I am DONE. Body and mind are just whooped. OK enough complaining. Jean, I know you will go at your task, all in, but pace yourself. Barb, take full advantage of DH being away. Can't wait to see your chicken quilt Daisy. May, you have been through enough, take it easy. Myrna, enjoy the wonderful weather. Nice here too, but that will change quickly. Off to get ready to leave. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Blondie, I will post a smile on my face while at the fair, but the real one will come once I am done. packed up, and heading home.

Lonna
November 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
So far it is a fairly quite morning here. Done with breakfast getting ready to get a second cup of coffee. Then going to see if I have the fabric for the backing of MIL's lap quilt then over to see the folks for a few and then off to the Louisiana Ren-fest. It looks as if it is going to be a beautiful day for the Fest. Don't think I am going to dress for it this year saw a picture of myself from last year and did not know that I looked that bad in that dress. So today it will just be my blue jeans and boots. Well off to start what is my Saturday as I am off tomorrow also. Have a great one Ladies.

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Not feeling terribly DUCKY myself - I'd like to be back in that cozy bed again and just lolly-gag the day away there. But, life demands that I face it head on. I am not certain I got enough rest the past couple days. Friday night the wind blew so much and kept me tossing and turning. Last night it started pouring down rain (much needed here) and it poured and poured and poured - along with wind for most of the night. I've been watching the temps drop this morning, watching the weather channel, and wondering whether I need to hide my shorts and sandals for a bit. Questioning whether or not we'll see a bit of the nasty "S" word here before day's end.

I have Sierra's quilt ready to hand-stitch the binding so that will probably take most of my attention today. She is so anxious to get it finished. I did run by yesterday and let her have a sneak peak at it and she was giggling like the 12YO she's gonna be in a couple weeks.

Lets see if we can make the best of the week ahead of us and fill each day with happiness, faith, healing and health.

BellasQuilts
November 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Morning all, just got up and feeling somewhat normal. I have been sick the past three days. Yesterday could not move off the couch; fever, chills, etc. Yucky. Went to bed at 8 last night just to be in a different position and fell hard asleep. Woke up to the smell of coffee (yum!) . DH was a dear, taking care of me. He settled in yesterday, reading most the day, and keeping an eye on me. Love that man of mine. It froze here last night, so time to pull out the sweaters. Hugs to all and prayers for all the M*QC members that need them.

lilmouse
November 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Morning all, I am slow to wake up as well; takes a couple of cuppa's to get my motor started! LOL And the forum helps some too! I finished my 6th project quilt last night...only 9 to go; I am getting there....will hopefully get a couple more done this week or more...will need to make up more binding...my stash of it is starting to look a little puny...at the start of this I made up about 2 yards worth of binding out of two different fabrics and will probably get about 4 quilts each out of each color. Love to make up my binding ahead of time; that way I don't have to stop and make it...I can just keep going! I am getting better at machine binding....for me the biggest trick was to slow my machine down to a crawl! Have much better control....I am more like Jean when I sew...pedal to the medal....but have slowed down a lot lately....and getting better results...so will pace myself instead! Need to get off the computer...Steve should be home this afternoon....yeah...and I have housework to do before he gets here....Love, hugs and prayers for all and remember to smile...peeps will wonder what you are up to!

bkthomas
November 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
We are covered in snow here - so heavy that some tree branches are breaking! Blondie, I love your writing style - I used to want to write.
Did not finish Chris's quilt last night like I had planned - went to bed for a change. Maybe today.
Happy Sunday everybody!!!

Madeforyouinma11
November 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Speaking of Las Vegas, has anyone heard from Pam?
Barb, she posted a new thread last night, early this morning.

cyndiofthevortex
November 11th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Afternoon, all. I stayed home from church this morning to watch 5 year old DGS as he has a very bad cold. I thought I'd snuggle up under a blanket and read while he played quietly on the floor with the cool robots I only take out on special occasions. But what did he want to do? Talk, talk, talk! My head was spinning from all the little boy info I was getting! Does anyone here know who Sonic the Hedgehog is? If you don't, just ask me as I now know everything about him!

Today is warm and sunny and the yardwork is competing with the Patriots game. Can they both win?

Madeforyouinma11
November 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Good afternoon everyone, I am not a morning person either. I'm not cranky or nasty, just need time and plenty of coffee to get about my day. I am enjoying the nice weather we are having here today and tomorrow and then it will get cold again. I really should put my lights up outside but I'm thinking that's not going to happen til next week.
Today is laundry, little bit of pick up here and there and then working on a couple of orders that I have. I'm also trying to come up with a pattern that I would like to do for hubby's aunt and uncle for Christmas. I need to finish many projects this week so that I will be free to work on everything for Christmas that I need to get done.
Well, I guess I'm off to do what needs to be done. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lindagie
November 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thought I would chime in today! Got up early, took the dog out and about got blown away. It is SO windy outside today. Glad I did my outside work yesterday. Today is just going to be be a football watching, sewing day. I hope to do some borders on two quilt tops and maybe finish two table runners for Christmas.
Sorry that your craft show experience didn't go as well as you wanted auntiemern. My friend and I thought we might go yesterday, but it is a little too far for us to drive; and then my BIL reminded us that we were supposed to go to a dinner in late afternoon. Hope today is much better for you.
My DH is not into the Christmas lights either; so I am lucky to wrap some lights and greenery around my outside post light. If I don't host Christmas dinner I don't always get my large tree up either, but this year I will do that for sure, after Thanksgiving. Maybe I will do the fireplace and stairway; we shall see how much time I have.
Made a quick raggy baby quilt for my dd's friend's baby last week; now my dgks would like lap quilts like it. That would be some quick Christmas gifts for them, don't you think? If I can find appropriate flannel prints for each of them I think I could get them all done; I would need to make four.
Hope all of you that are not feeling well get better very soon. It seems to be the time for the colds, broncial junk already.
BK, I love snow; hope you are enjoying it! I think we are supposed to get some storms later on. Hope not, but something seems to be brewing out there.
Better get started on one of the projects as it is afternoon already. Have a great day everyone!

toggpine
November 11th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Howdy All!

I did get up earlier than I really wanted to myself. One of our goats needed to be bred, so a trip up the peninsula was in order. I had to have her there by 9 AM as the buck's owner was planning on attending a couple of craft shows today with her mom.

I have a few more loads of laundry to do today. I managed all of the towels, my clothes, Em's clothes, & half of the bed linens yesterday. The other half of the bedding, hubby's work gear & the barn clothes are on the list for today. I have to wash his work clothes separate because sometimes the little fiberglass fibers work through his coveralls and that is not pleasant to find in the other laundry.
While that is happening, I'll be making some banana bread since the bananas are not going to be turning any other color but more brown. That will be nice for breakfast tomorrow. I was going to make some apple pie filling, but I need some ClearJel to really achieve a nice consistency according to all of the books and recipes I have read. Since they don't sell it locally, I'll have to order some online and wait. I don't think the rest of the apples are going to be able to wait. So perhaps just make the apple pies and freeze them whole to be baked later? Anybody ever done pies this way?
After all that fun in the kitchen, perhaps I'll get to the sewing room.
Take care of yourselves out there!
Hugs, Cathy