PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Hanging Around

phoots
November 11th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hello everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm here. I check out the forum about everyday, I'm just not back to my old self yet. I brought home 4 quilts that need finishing, 1 1/2 totes of fabric, 1 tote of clothes and hangers, and other assorted stuff. I've been through everything. The tote with the clothes is in my closet, but I don't have room for them yet. I need to do some major clean out. I've sorted the fabric and it's all in one extra large tote.

All the quilts are in one tote. Two are ready for backing and batting, I has the side extenders ready to sew on, and one is just as my grandma left it. You need to understand that my grandma made these quilts to be crib quilts; she made the tops, sandwiched them and then quilted them. When my Mom got them she decided to make them bigger. That's what I mean by extender. My Mom has sewn an extra 12" section to the two quilts and was ready to do the third. The forth extention wasn't even started. I'll take pictures when I get another chance. I know how I'm going to do this, it's just sitting down and doing it that's the problem. I'm not ready yet. Right now I'm not even crocheting much.

I have a job interview on Monday morning. It's for a part-time temp job at a major insurance company. The lady at the agency said I'm a "shoe-in." I know that working is helping my sisters and my Dad. Hopefully I can start working and it will help me too!

I love you all! I'll check in from time to time.

Pam in Vegas

Madeforyouinma11
November 11th, 2012, 03:25 AM
It'll take time but it does get easier, I promise. My mom passed away 14 years ago under the same circumstances as your mom. We had to make the decision to take her off of life support.... I think about her everyday and I miss her dearly but now my thoughts of her are happy ones and I cry much less than I did in the beginning. Take your time to mourn and heal in your own time not in the time everyone else thinks you should..you'll be much better in the long run. Take care of yourself and you will one day be excited to finish the quilts that will now represent three generations of quilters. They will give you warm hugs from your grandmother and your mother and you will love and cherish them for many years.
Sending prayers and hugs to you and your family.

shannonsaulter
November 11th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Pam,
Good luck with the job interview..take your time and know we are here for you...
((Hugs))

Winniesfriend
November 11th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Nice to hear from you again, when the time is right you well get the quilts done.

Good luck with the interview.

lilmouse
November 11th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Glad to hear from you....Ruby is right in her advice...take your time...everyone grieves differently and on their own timeframe....just know that whatever emotions you are feeling...they are all normal...don't let anyone tell you otherwise...been there and done that! You will be fine one day...it just takes time...know that we are all here for you....good luck on Monday..will continue to pray for you!

MayinJerset
November 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Good Luck with the job interview. `Good advice from the gals, many of us have been there and it's difficult but we're always here to lend an ear. May in Jersey

NanaB
November 11th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Pam, it is good to hear from you. I know you will do well in the interview. Take time to grieve your mom's death. It must be a hard thing to go through. Know that we're here for you. Love and hugs.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Glad to hear from you, Pam. I've been thinking about you, and I hope you have good luck with your job interview.

Blondie
November 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Glad to see you post Pam. Good luck on the interview on Monday. Your skills will shine for you.

Blessings to you
Blondie

RFREE
November 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Great to hear from you Pam. The loss of you mom will take time.I miss mine every day.Take it one day at a time and stay busy. It will get easier. Good luck with your interview.
Rhonda

MRoy
November 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Pam, good luck with your interview. It sounds cliche' but time does help heal. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Bubby
November 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Good to hear from you, Pam. It takes time...go at your own pace and let yourself grieve and mend. Good luck with the interview. Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Sending you the greatest of great vibes to secure this 'shoe-in' job for you. Amazing what the need to get up each morning and get with it will do for you. Everyday brings you a bit closer to the Pam you were a couple months ago! Hugs.

BellasQuilts
November 11th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sending you a big hug, Pam, and good luck with the interview!

Jess1377
November 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
It is good to hear from you Pam, I couldnt say it any better than anyone else has, but take your time to grieve ~ you have continued to be in our prayers and thoughts ~ and I wish you luck for your job interview on Monday! Take care!

bopeep
November 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Pam......it is good to hear from you......it does take time...I miss my Mom every day......but with time it does get better......I Pray your interview goes good.......
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

bkthomas
November 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks for checking in Pam - Take Care GF!

auntiemern
November 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Glad to hear from you Pam. Good luck with your interview. As everyone else has said, it takes time. It has just been a little over a year since I lost my mom, much like you did yours. Even though you know it is coming doesn't make it any easier. Every one grieves in their own way, in their own time. Don't let anyone tell you differently. I still have days of terrible grief and loss. One foot in front of the other is all we can do. Prayers continuing.