PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

Blondie
November 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM

It's Saturday, Folksies! It's the weekend. If you didn't find your groove to get on last night, start right now! Of course, I have to work this morning - soon enough I will join the ranks of those grooving to the freedom a weekend can bring. As I mentioned earlier post, we are all gonna be putting on the feed bag this afternoon. Hopefully afterwards if I can walk, Sis and I will go over to DD's house to stitch and watch trash tv. And of course get lots of puppy kisses from my grand dogs.

Prayers for all my dear ones here - near and far across the big ponds. Be sure you make time to really smile today. If you can't find a reason to smile - watch this: And WAIT UNTIL THE END.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOlpdd7y8MI&feature=g-logo-xit

SMILE

bkthomas
November 10th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks Blondie!!! That's awesome.......my grands shared some of theirs with me!

auntiemern
November 10th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mornin Blondie, and Kathy. Now don't fall over from shock because I am on here THIS early. Believe me, I would much rather still be in bed. However today is the first day of the fair and I have a couple stop to make on the way. An still have 2 placemats to finish sewin the bindin on. They are expecting over 1000 peeps to come thru today, so am hopeful. Have a good time getting the feed on Blondie, Kathy, just have a great time. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

MayinJerset
November 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good Morning all, Feels good to say that to you all now that I'm back. Blondie have a good day at work and fun with family at Bday celebrations. Marilyn hope the fair is a big success for you.

I need to do something about the huge pile of laundry I've been ignoring all week - will run loads in between doing some sewing. Winter is here so I better get my summer stuff put away and pull out some heavier clothing. Everytime I put out of season clothes away I start by being so neat and discard the too small and worn out clothes but somehow at the end I just stuff everything into the storage boxes and put them away.

Have a nice day everyone, May in Jersey

Jean Sewing Machine
November 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hi folks! Good luck at the craft fair, Marilyn! Hope you sell out! I saw some of your items yesterday and they were darling! I'm going to be a soccer grandma today. Missed a few while I was busy with my play, now I feel like I need to be there for them as these are the last few games. Poor little 2nd grade granddaughter's team can't score a goal, they lost 10-0 last night. 3rd grade boys that the grandson is on has a very winning record, lots of trophies and medals this year! Thankfully the games are short!

MRoy
November 10th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Good Morning! Enjoy celebrating birthdays tonight Blondie. May, it's good to have you back. I have laundry to tackle today too. Marilyn, good luck today! I hope you sell lots and lots. Jean, enjoy the games; I'm sure your GKs will love having you there.
DH and I went out for supper last night then on to Kroger to pick up some items that were on sale. I don't claim to be an extreme couponer, but with the sales and my coupons I saved 44%! :)

Bubby
November 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Blondie....This was fantastic! The last little girl was a doll and has such a sweet spirit!

DH got to his hunting destination fine but called last night to say he forgot his thermos bottles! Every year he forgets something important. Molly and I are enjoying our girl time together. We cuddled up and watched a movie and ate pizza last night and slept in pretty late this morning (for us).

I plan to do some straightening in the sewing room and then play with my new embroidery threads and get them sorted. I'm hoping to get a large rack soon so I can actually see what I have. I love to lock myself in and hybernate when DH is gone - staying in my pajamas all day!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday! Barb

Sandy Navas
November 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
It's a bright, sunny, gorgeous day - at least where I am. I'm still trying to comprehend how those people who were so thrown upside down with the recent storms manage to pick themselves up and start all over again. The prayers are still flowing.

Hopefully I'll get Sierra's quilt bound today. That's a goal. But first I have to trim and then cut the binding. Also want to try my hand at a serger quilt - just a trial.

It is so good to see everyone so bright and chipper today, in spite of sharing the tears with post-Halloween kids. Love the one at the end. Thanks for sharing, Blondie.

Off to accomplish something . . . maybe I can find a way to keep my roommate from snoring tonight while I'm at it . . .

Donna F
November 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Good morning lady bugs! I am getting out today. DH is taking me for a ride and some sunshine. I can't wait! May, DH has some huge piles of laundry to get done today too. I was going to do it this week VIA my handy dandy grabber but he won't allow it so..... Im off the hook. Dgs is at his dad's, dd is at a friend's until Sunday afternoon so are going to have some sweet quiet time together and maybe later watch a movie and snuggle. Poor guy hasn't had any "bubbles" in a long time, and sorry to POP his bubble it will be equally longer before he is seeing the soap in the bottle either. Lol. We both have projects planned, I have something to complete before Monday and I've requested he do a project for a sweet friend of mine. He's making a wooden box with little drawers to hold her machine feet. Do you think that's a good gift? I just thought of it and I hope she's going to like it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cathy F
November 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Morning All!

Blondie enjoy the birthday dinners today! Marilyn hope you have a good day at the fair.

Putting part of a gingerbread house together this morning for a demo I have to do for work this afternoon. Will be a fun thing and kick off the Christmas spirit. I'm also putting one together for home but will wait to decorate it till after Thanksgiving. Looks like it's going to be a nice day out sun is coming through!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 10th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Morning All!

Blondie enjoy the birthday dinners today! Marilyn hope you have a good day at the fair.

Putting part of a gingerbread house together this morning for a demo I have to do for work this afternoon. Will be a fun thing and kick off the Christmas spirit. I'm also putting one together for home but will wait to decorate it till after Thanksgiving. Looks like it's going to be a nice day out sun is coming through!
You must display your gingerbread house as an avatar so we can salivate over another goodie that you've made! Your posts always make me hungry for cake!

buckeyequilter
November 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Good morning...

I've been cleaning my sewing room today....lot's more to do....it's a total disaster. After I'm finished with that I hope to get a couple small projects done and then work on DD's quilt. So my entire day will probably be devoted to my sewing room.

Good luck with the craft fair Marilyn. I hope everyone has a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all that need them.

lilmouse
November 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Donna, that sounds like a great gift idea....I bet it will be adorable!....glad you are getting out for a little bit today...it will be good for you and sounds like just the thought of it has lifted your spirits! Blondie, that video was so cute; especially at the end! Gave me a chuckle or two! I have work today too, going in early so someone can go home early! Don't know if I will get any sewing in or not..we will see....think I am coming down with another cold.....again! Marilyn, I hope you sell out and get orders for more! Everyone have a good day and hugs and prayers for all!

aliaslaceygreen
November 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Saturday off! And it's almost 11, so I really SHOULD get off the computer...have another cuppa and look at that housecleaning list.... ugh...
Really should do it today, so that Monday and Tues can be focused on STUDIO time after doing the sofa shopping thing....Wow...weekends off get FULL, don't they?

Take care!

toggpine
November 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Once the frost clears off I think it's unloading wood and some quality time with the pitchfork and wheelbarrow in the barn. I'd really rather not, but sometimes, you gotta to the yucky jobs. I cleaned the toilets yesterday, so I guess it's the barn today....

You all have a great one!
Hugs, Cathy

shannonsaulter
November 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
GM and Hello everyone!! Its the Marine Corps Birthday!!!! its My one yr anniversary of getting the keys to my home!!! its gonna be a fantastic day!!!
Hope everyone enjoys!!!

EnumclawGramma
November 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! It's freezin' cold here but blue skies and sunshine! Just finished up some FMQing on a Christmas table runner, now to the binding. Two more to go and I've got 5 done! Yay! I need to get some ink for printable fabric today so I can start on a memory quilt I want to make for my cousin for Christmas. I'm really excited about this project and it's going to be really special. My biggest problem today is that I've got SO many ideals floating around in my head. I need to start a list!

Another cup of coffee and back to the sewing room. I hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend! Smile some. Hug someone you care about. Prayers to all in need....****HUGS***

SuzyQue
November 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
It looks like today might be the last warm and sunny day this fall, so I must finish my windows! It is very windy out, but still warm. I know.......we are suppose to get rain tomorrow......but they will be clean for a bit, even just a little bit. I hope this makes the rain come, actually.....nothing else has seemed to matter! I do so love clean and shiny glass!

No sewing.....again.....no quilting...again. LIFE! Loved the you tube video. Good luck, Marilyn. Hugs and prayers for all. Make it a great day!.....what is left of it, anyway!

DCM
November 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Do you have a recipe and pattern you would share? I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house but never know where to start. Sounds like fun!

Blondie
November 10th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hi Folksies
I am about as full as a body should ever be. dinner was wonderful; we enjoyed each other's company. Just checking in and now like the piggie I am, off to lie down and sleep off the carb glut I indulged in. See y'all in the morning.

aliaslaceygreen
November 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Blondie, I LOVE your new avatar!!! (and your hair style is too cute...)

toggpine
November 11th, 2012, 02:18 AM
If I don't check in on Sunday, it is because I can't move.
That was a lot of straw, shavings, manure and moisture to move. Ugh. It will be done until spring. We let the bedding layer-up over the winter (goat berries don't lend themselves being picked like cowpies or horse apples) and top dress the barn with shavings or straw once a week or so. It will actually start to compost and provide some heat during the coldest months of the year.
There is a hand sewing project that might get some attention if I have to spend time on the heating pad tomorrow.
I hope you all had a great day! Sounds like Blondie did!
Off to find some Aleve and a flax bag to warm my toes.

Hugs, Cathy