PDA

View Full Version : Friday's here

Blondie
November 9th, 2012, 07:03 AM

Let me get another yawn in here. And a stretch for good measure. Now for a sip of some good strong joe. mmm. That's better. Okay, here goes

Happy Friday Folksies!'

I can't believe I am up this hour. I was up later last night again. It is not good for my beauty sleep.
So, it's Friday. I almost am tempted to count on my fingers and in my head how many more Friday's before Christmas. Don't think I am awake enough to do that yet. Gotta be getting under 10, right? Last night I worked on a few little gifts.

Tomorrow is going to be a nice day. My middle son and baby girl are taking my mom and Larry out to dinner for their birthday's. This is becoming a nice little tradition. Since Mom's birthday was yesterday and Luscious was on Tuesday, we have been having a dinner for them at Golden Corral. Not the best food but hey for our area, it is great and I can almost afford it. Plus, I love their chocolate chess pie.

Yesterday after work, Sissy and I went down to Mom's for her birthday. Her gout and bursitis is acting up again, so we babied her a lot. I am almost certain we will stay with her this Saturday night after dinner. She is now 84 years old. She doesn't look it at all and I don't think she acts it. She does still act like Mom. You know, she can sure try to pile on the guilt and I think she gets a kick out of it. It works on Sissy most of the time. On me now and then. I call her on it and she smiles. Gotcha!

One of the most difficult things I have to sort out in my life is what is important to do each day. If my Mom had her way I would spend all day with her. Period. If I had no life of my own I would. For over 3 years I did. Many mornings, days, evenings, I do go down the hill to just be with her. Just one look at her dear face and I want to melt. While I stitch, she crochets little angels for Christmas tree ornaments.

Time for another cuppa. And another yawn. And stretch. Ahh, have a wonderful day everyone. don't forget to SMILE.

RFREE
November 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Ya tore me up Blondie about your mom.You will never be sorry you do what you do for her let me tell ya.As most of you know I lost mine 9 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I had her back. She is blessed to have you as a daughter.Give her an extra hug just for me because you can.You hang onto her as tight and long as you can because it sure isn't the same when they are gone. Work work work for me today but TGIF I am pooped.Planning on getting hold of the sheriffs office today and getting all this crap taken care of. When I have something like this eating at me it means no sleep for me at all.You all have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Rhonda

DCM
November 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
How lucky you are to live so close to your mom. My mom and I love spending time together but live states apart so I only get to see her once or twice a year :( Treasure all the time you spend with her. Have a great day and weekend!

Patrice
November 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning! Blessing to your mom. I wish mine was close. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. :)

Monique
November 9th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning. Yes Blondie, you are both fortunate that you have each other. I know you treasure those times together.

Kids are coming tonight for the weekend. I got most of the house organized. Not much sewing though. I work today and then the fun begins.

Have a great weekend everyone.

lilmouse
November 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Morning Everyone...had a good sleep in....went to bed at 7 last night....I was beat...but now I am up and will get to see the sunrise! Took Steve's sis to work and the day is mine...will spend most of it in the sewing room today! Have another one almost done...can't wait for Blondie to get the package I shipped yesterday! I really want the daily deal today but since it bit me yesterday I don't dare today...and can't justify paying $5 shipping on a 77 cent item....and can't afford to buy a second one or I would; love that Farmers' Market....I made a table topper out of it last year and it turned out really cute!
Off to the sewing room, everyone have a wonderful day...my work week starts tonight; so I best make good use of today! Hugs and prayers for all in need....Enjoy your mother; I lost mine at 16; so I am a wee bit envious of those of you who still have yours....just a wee bit!

Nursmate2
November 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hi ,

I echo Rhonda this morning. I lost my Mom 8 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't wish for just one more day. Your a gret daughter! Have a great day all.

Cindy

Jean Sewing Machine
November 9th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I feel so lazy, staying in bed and actually sleeping in until 7--my usual time to wake up is 4. Now I need to get the blood flowing. Lots on the plate today, meeting Marilyn Auntiemern for lunch and sharing quilts I made for Cardinal Glennon. Need to get my computer looked at, they cleaned it so well and have it so locked up with firewalls that nothing works! Need some advice on how to unlock it. Got invited to a soccer game for my 7 year old granddaughter that is absolutely at the other end of the world of this city for me, but if I can find enough to do after Marilyn and I have lunch, I can just stay down there and see the game. Need to pick up my sewing machines, but that is at the absolute other end of the city, not happening today!

Blondie, I too say the same thing, it is so good that you have your mom close. I lost my mom when she was 84, that was 15 years ago. I always say she "talks to me" when I sew, especially when I do things as a shortcut and not "mom's way", and I have to tell her, yes, Mom, I know, this isn't your way, but I need to do this fast, don't have time for perfection. She was an absolutely impeccable seamstress. And I'm sorry to say, I only listened to her some of the time, I had to learn by my mistakes instead of learning from an expert.

MRoy
November 9th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good Morning! It's interesting that moms are being discussed today. I lost mine 4 yrs ago and I dreamed about her last night. Blondie, you really enjoy your time with your sweet mama. Give her a big Happy Birthday hug from me! I took off work today only to have leaves to clean up. Sometimes I wish they would all fall at once...WHUMP! and get it over with.

buckeyequilter
November 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning...

Blondie: spend as much time with your precious mom as you can. Mine has been gone for about 7 weeks now and not a day goes by that I don't miss her and wish I could call her or see her. Now I'm sitting at work with tears in my eyes.

I am so glad it's Friday! I have so many things I want to work on this week-end so I guess I'll just have to see what gets done. I worked on some mug rugs last night but don't know if I'm happy with them or not - will quilt them up and see what I think.

Praying for all our friends affected by the storms in the NE and all others that need/want them. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Cathy F
November 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Blondie, enjoy your days with her, I lost mine 4 years ago and still miss her terribly.

This morning we woke up to the news that we are now on odd & even days to get gas for our cars depending on your license plate number till futher notice, approx. 60 % of the gas stations by me are closed with no gas. They're hoping this will cut down on the long lines and waiting time people have been experiencing at the few stations that have gas ( 2-3 hours is normal right now). They say there is plenty of gas being shipped in but we have not seen that here, there are actually more stations closing by me each day.

Today I'm heading up to the sewing room and make myself scarce, compliments of "Sandy" my husband has to get up on the roof and repair the damage as our dining room ceiling is not a pretty sight due to the leaks.

Hugs and prayers for all that may need some today-

LynneLeavell
November 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Blondie Ditto what everyone is saying about spending time with your mom. If there are any secret recipes that she has get them now why she is of sound mind. I lost my mom 25 years ago and there is a lot of things I wish I had asked or learned to do. So then I thought I would turn to my Grandmothers for things well they are now both gone. So I have a list of things that I ask my mother in law for now like her fudge recipe and other things like how her cube steak is so tender and we cook it the same way, little thing like that.

Oh and by the way there is only 6 more Friday until Christmas. Yes I counted them. If you count today there is 7.

Have a great day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
November 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Good for you, Blondie!

Cathy F, I read that Bloomberg decided to do even/odd in NYC as well...they said 25% of 800 stations were open...that's 200 stations for 8 million people... or 40 stations per borough! It really WILL alleviate things, once two or three days go by...only half of you will even THINK of getting on line, because its not your turn. And you won't feel the need to hoard because you will always know that today or tomorrow it will be your turn.

I hope that electricity reaches more of you and that more pumps are open and that more...well. More. I lived on Staten Island for 37 years, and am Facebook friends with so many current NY and NJ people... Even though it's over the 15 minutes of fame news cycle for the country, I realize that NORMAL is only going to be a word in a dictionary for some serious time into the future....

As for me, DD and DH are off to have her pick up her NEW car!! DH is amazing at finding deals, and NOT LETTING THEM twist you around....the sales guy came in on a NEW car for $8 a month more than a slightly used, so they are heading to NoVa to let her wander the lot to choose the color Civic she wants.... She has been firm in not becoming emotionally attached, she wants the $$ to suit her budget, and DH (6'3" and MALE has been an awesome shopper for her 5'0" and female)

Tomorrow, once the car thing is over, it's off to look at sofas...
Take care, happy Friday!

CrazyMtnLady
November 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Good Morning all. It is a beautiful morning here in the Ozarks. The sun is shining and it is suppose to be in the 70s today. We had an unexpected visitor from Indiana last night. It was an old friend that is wanting to move to Arizona and was driving through Missouri and called to see how close he was too us. So he drove down and spent the night. It was great to see him again. I made a nice fried chicken dinner and he had a great time. He just left. And soon the friend that owns the woods across the road from us will be here to camp for the weekend for opening day of deer season. He always camps at the bottom of our drive and then grills wonderful food for us. :)
Blondie, you are so lucky to have your mom so close to you. I lost my mom when she was only 52 and I was 18. That was almost 40 years ago and I still miss her every day.

Lots of work to do today before deer season tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs and prayers all around.

Claire Hallman
November 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I am sitting here with my eyes swimming with all the Mom talk. I sure miss mine, the way she was before she had a bad stroke. She has been gone for 10 years and I still think of her every day and wish I could share things with her. OOOps, now I have made my nose run.
Have a great weekend peeps.

Sandy Navas
November 9th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I really don't know what is up with me. I am totally exhausted after playing catch-up this morning. I think I just may go back to bed.

I'm going to post some pictures of Sierra's quilt that I quilted yesterday and will also show some pictures of my Li'l Sis's latest creation. Check out the Show and Tell.

The best to everyone! I hope you all have a stupendous day.

HandsOffItsMine
November 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Blondie, give Mom a big old hug from me! Will be 13 years this Dec. 21st that Mams left this earth, miss her every day. Talk to her every morning and evening. :) Her chest faces the ocean here in our little world, I have an angel sitting by her keeping her company.

Putting the heart sashing together around the main hearts on Baby Luke's quilt. Back's been acting up, can only work in hour increments. I'm on schedule though, it will get there by Thanksgiving. Can't believe how early it is this year though.

Don spoke to his good friend last night. He wants to pay for Don to fly out to CA to supervise an installation of flooring at his house while he takes his family on vacation. Don will get a daily per diem for the 8 to 10 days. Can't come at a better time as Dec has no projects here. God is good, of course we'll be apart, something he really doesn't like at all, however we'll have a less stressful December. :)

Going to see if I can find some stretch material cheap, there's a need for leggings for the girls. I've not worked with stretch, but I will try it on a yard. Wish me luck, lol.

Have a great day all, TGIF!

Madeforyouinma11
November 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Well, I lost my mom 14 years ago and I still talk to her all the time. About 3 years after she passed, I had gotten some really good news and I actually picked up the phone and dialed her number...that happened a couple of times but not any more.
I agree, get all recipes and info now....my sisters and I are still trying to make a couple of her recipes..

Oh we'll, today I need to make some pumpkins for an order that I have and a couple more snowmen that are special order. My DD and DSIL are coming for dinner tonight so that is all I will have time for today. Maybe I can sneak in a little work on my SS's gift. Almost done, just need a few more days and it'll be ready to mail. I am going to do a small craft fair on the 17. They have crafting police..everything has to be homemade, so that is nice . There will only be 20 of us but I hear that it gets busy and it was only $25 for a table so I figured I'd give it a try. Getting my craft fair list ready for next year so I know when and where to go.

Well, that's it for today. It's sunny and 50 here, supposed to reach 60 on Sunday and 64 on Monday! I'm excited. That means I can lower the heat and save a few pennies worth of that precious oil.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! SMILE and be happy for what you have and stop wasting time longing for what will never be.....

toggpine
November 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hello Everybody!

I was informed last night that my sweet husband will be having a 4 day weekend! He has his 40 hours in for the week, and they are cutting back to no overtime. Hmm. What to do with an extra kid in the house?
This morning we saw Em off at the school bus, and now we are preparing to run some group errands.
We have a couple of savings accounts that need to be closed because the fees are more than the interest!
Then a stop by the gun range. We have had a couple of strange stray dogs milling about the neighborhood the last week. My guess is that somebody dumped them. We have a call into the Animal Control division, but since we live out here in the sticks, well, who knows when they will get out here. I am not going to risk losing livestock because I have gotten rusty on my marksmanship.
Lastly, a trip to the grocery store and home in time to meet the school bus.
I have some bananas that are heading for the banana bread category, so that will be our afternoon activity with the little miss.
By then I ought to have done enough family socializing to earn a few hours at the cutting table/sewing machine with my audiobook & headphones! (See, I need Me-time too!)

Ruby, when working with the knits, or any stretchable fabric, use a stretch stitch or at least a zig-zag. That way the threads won't pop in the seams when they wear them.

You all have a great day! I'm gonna make like a tree & leaf!
Hugs, Cathy

shannonsaulter
November 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
YAY for Friday hope everyone enjoys the weekend and a Monday off if they are lucky enough to Have it off...
I will say it here and now to all the Vets and their families on here TY for all you do!!!
Monday I will be back at the prison doing my job while everyone else in the house has the day off...thats ok though its only a 5 day work week instead of 6 and another 3 day weekend for me...
Christmas fast approaching but I am in a holding pattern for work to approve my next years vacation...
Hopeing to tale 17-31st of July of and then the DH and our 2 teens will be off to Ireland..hoping I can book the trip on Christmas so I can make payments til June..
Oh well lots of running to do today..cable co, quilt shop and groceries...
Hope to maybe do a bit of quilting but know we have out of town company coming so we shall see..

auntiemern
November 10th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Ok Technically it is Sat already here. Wasn't going to post on here today, but after reading Blondie's story I just had too. I am with Rhonda on this one. Hang on to them tight, cuz ya never know when God will call them home. And after that, your life will forever be altered. Love you GF.

dwil23
November 10th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Ok Technically it is Sat already here. Wasn't going to post on here today, but after reading Blondie's story I just had too. I am with Rhonda on this one. Hang on to them tight, cuz ya never know when God will call them home. And after that, your life will forever be altered. Love you GF.

Totally agree with you, Marilyn. I lost my Mom in 1996 and my Dad in 2005. Not a day goes by that I don't wish they were still just down the street from me. I feel so guilty about all the times I "went the long way home" when I knew Dad would be sitting on the porch and I felt like I didn't have time to stop.

BTW - my Mom's name was Marilyn and I think about her every time I see one of your posts.