PDA

View Full Version : Update re: prayer request.

dwil23
November 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that prayers are being answered. My cousin Marcus underwent surgery yesterday and was "pigging out" on porkchops last night. They biopsied the mass in his brain to determine exactly what kind it is. It will take about five days for the pathology to come back and then the next course of treatment will be determined. It may be treatable with just radiation, or they may have to remove it surgically. Surgically will involve removing a portion of the skull to get to it, so we are hoping radiation will take care of it. It could also involve a combination of both. The doctors were optimistic and said he was doing very well. He was in good spirits before, laughing and joking, but when the time came to go, he was scared.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Donna

Margok
November 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Laaughing at these times is a defense mechanism. It is always unbelieveable that this is happening, that you yourself have this terrible problem in YOUR body. Hope and pray he does well.

auntiemern
November 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
That is wonderful news. Do not be worried if they have to do skull surgery. My little Bubby (DGS) has had 4 skull surgery's and has come through all of them. Will still have Marcus and your family in my prayers.

lilmouse
November 8th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Will continue to keep you all covered in prayer....he is keeping his sense of humor...that is a good thing...

CrazyMtnLady
November 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Will keep Marcus in my prayers.

HandsOffItsMine
November 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Great news and will pray that radiation will be the healing path.

SuzyQue
November 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I would have been scared to death to have them operating, even a biopsy, on my brain! My nephew has had brain surgery and they even were able to place some type of radiation device in the brain to help fight his gioblastoma. He has undergone 2 years of chemo, radiation, and drug trials. I am praying that Marcus will not have to follow suit. Prayers for a quick verdict and a healthy outcome!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 8th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I would have been scared to death to have them operating, even a biopsy, on my brain! My nephew has had brain surgery and they even were able to place some type of radiation device in the brain to help fight his gioblastoma. He has undergone 2 years of chemo, radiation, and drug trials. I am praying that Marcus will not have to follow suit. Prayers for a quick verdict and a healthy outcome!My husband had glioblastoma also, and it was a wild ride with many treatments. I pray for Marcus tht he doesn't have all those treatments, and returns to health soon.

mamainred
November 8th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Prayers for Marcus being sent. I can only imagine how scary it would be.

bkthomas
November 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Continued prayers......

Patrice
November 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the update..will continue to pray for him

bopeep
November 8th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Marcus .......Is in my PRAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bopeep

Sandy Navas
November 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Continued prayers. I cannot imagine being young and facing this. The only thing you can do is laugh. I am praying that radiation will do it's job - after the path report comes back as BENIGN. Praying hard for you and the family and MARCUS.

BellasQuilts
November 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM
continued prayers for Marcus

alliek
November 9th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Continued prayers for healing and peace.

MayinJerset
November 10th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Anyone 'pigging out' on pork chops after surgery sounds like they are doing pretty good. Hope radiation does the trick for him. May in Jersey

Jess1377
November 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Sounds like he is doing well! He will certainly continue to be in my prayers with hopes that radiation will do the trick :)