PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, back to work

Blondie
November 8th, 2012, 07:12 AM

Happy Thursdays folksies!

Well, I didn't sleep very much yesterday at all; y'all know that lack of sleep feeling; slow moving, heavy in the head like a hangover kind of day? Yep that was me. I was hoping to sleep a wee bit BUT the phone kept ringing from friends and family; my grand dogs were here which is always a happy time for me and I did sew a few more blocks together for the circle of comfort quilts. I have to finish binding on a few now and then they will be ready to go.

I did go to bed at about 7 last night and actually slept all night long. Yeah for me. Gosh, I remember when I was much younger gal that I could go for a few days on little or no sleep. I reckon the old gray mare just ain't what she used to be!

Well, I am off of here; feels kind of funny that I wasn't online at all yesterday except to say good morning and look at my emails. I didn't even need my timer. lol. Be good to yourself today. This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Key word that gets me in that verse is "will". Shows me that happiness is my choice. So, choose to be happy folksies.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Good morning Blondie! Know that feeling about the old grey mare-- the one in this barn sure ain't what she used to be! You say that Thursday is your Monday, it is my Friday! The closer I get to retirement in December, the more thrilled I am when Thursday rolls around. Tomorrow Marilyn and I are going to meet for lunch for the first time. Can't wait to meet her in person! We're going to share our pile of hospital quilts that she has promised to make for Cardinal Glennon hospital for Children. I wish I could make more for her, maybe next year.

Have a good day everyone!

Blondie
November 8th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Lucky Jeanie Jelly Beanie! Getting to meet Marilyn, one of my fav's here. I am so envious of your retirement. One day for me, lol. But I know you will be one to certainly enjoy your retirement. That makes me not only envious but happy for you, dear girl.

Divine Daisy
November 8th, 2012, 07:54 AM
thursday is my thursday! Today will be filled with radio therapy and sewing. In fact, better get started.

Have a good day one and all

quilter.martha
November 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Thursday is tax school day for me! Just 4 more weeks to go and it is over :) Woke up this morning to about 2 inches of snow on the ground from the nor'easter the east coast is experiencing. VERY pretty to say the least. My kitties raced outside and came to a DEAD stop when their feet hit the snow. It was so funny! Oh the joys of kittenhood. They keep me smiling and laughing constantly.

You all have a great day!

MRoy
November 8th, 2012, 08:40 AM
This week Thursday will be my Friday too because I'm taking off work tomorrow. I'm counting down months toward retirement now, looking at August 1, 2013 as R-Day.

Have a great day!

aliaslaceygreen
November 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I don't know if I approve of everyone else having such a Thursday as you do! Mine includes work, followed by a Friday that is also work. How did all of you get such a cool Thursday?
Oh...wait. Never mind. Just looked at next weeks work schedule and don't tell anyone important like my boss, but he gave me Veterans day off! It will be a busy one, and I SHOULD be there. But. Yet, I think. Yup. Off Saturday, and Monday and Tues.... I have to break up a 4day weekend by working Sunday, but..... I know, bad girl. (SHHHUUUSHHH! really, he is new and doesn't BELIEVE me when I tell him things...)

I have a cat on my lap, trying to help me type, and I have coffee in front of me, just out of arms reach (because of cat)....Life is good.

Bubby
November 8th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Good Morning,

DH took today off to get ready to leave tonight for his hunting trip. Molly and I will have a few slow days and I will sew every day!

Jean and Marilyn, give each other a hug from me! You girls will have a ball together!!

We are supposed to get a little snow this weekend. I don't mind and long as I don't have to go anywhere in it. I have plenty of food and fabric, what else could I possibly need?

I'm so glad the election is over. The phone calls and junk mail stopped and most of the political signs are being taken down.

It's time to feed Miss Molly, but first I'm going to put her in bed with DH to wake him up. There's nothing like a cold Scotty nose to make you jump!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday....which is actually Friday Eve! Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
November 8th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Happy Thursday everyone~
A chilly one this morning here for us too in PA but I am thankful the snow stayed east of us and I get to drive in to work today.
Nothing much on the agenda here - just work and probably color my hair after that. Hopefully I will get to put in some more windows on the quilt while watching Grays Anatomy tonight.
Hugs for you all on a great day!

Monique
November 8th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning y'all. Beautiful but cold morning. Sunshine is so nice.

I went to town yesterday with my neighbour. On the way out, there was a dead cat just about in front of my house. Just let say, not a pretty site. It was the other neighbour's cat. I asked hubby to take care of it but he could not. I called our municipal office and they came right away. Tammie and her daughters were very upset about their cat.

In the afternoon, I did make my SS something. They turned out really nice. I will have to stop soon and get that mailed out to her. Today I will pick up and straighten up. Kids are coming tomorrow and I work all day tomorrow. So you may not see me much here this weekend.

So on that note, you all have a wonderful weekend.

Gayle8675309
November 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Good morning all.

Yesterday I spent TWO hours in the dentist's chair getting three big fillings. (well, one was a build up, have to get a crown on it in two weeks). This morning I am so thankful that I woke up to no teeth pain! Woo hoo! He had told me that I might have trouble because the fillings were so big and close to my nerves, but so far, so good, thank the Lord!

Planning on an easy day today, I did a lot of housework yesterday before the dentist appointment, so today I just plan on reading and sewing. It's going to be a good day!

Gayle

lilmouse
November 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Morning everyone...had a busy night last night...quilted one lap quilt, bound it, started on another one....sewed the top, added borders...pieced some batting together and it is now pin basted waiting for me to get off the computer and start quilting again! I am really getting a lot done...hope I can keep going....I go back to work tomorrow and the sewing will slow down quite a bit until next week when I start up again.....I am so jazzed...this is # 6 not counting the other three quilts I have done recently so I am on a roll! Heading to the post office this a.m. and the daily deal bit me...just had to have it...now where can I hide it? Everyone have a great day; hugs and prayers to all, and SMILE! peeps will wonder what you are up to!

Bailey65
November 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Good Thursday Morning.

We slept in a little this morning because of the weather my DH didn't have any work today. I plan on working on 1 of the quilts I have been working on for a Christmas gift. Also looking forward to my massage which keeps me and my Fibro moving. We did get some of that white stuff last night and I am not a big fan of it. Looks pretty but that's about it.

I wish all of you a fun filled day!

dwil23
November 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Good advice, Blondie!

When I was much younger I remember working 12 hour shifts with little or no sleep in between - every day, six and seven days a week. Still work long shifts at times, but got to sleep in between these days.

My daughter and I are making the two hour trip to Gainesville today to babysit my little grandson tonight while Mom and Dad take a CPR class. We will spend the night and come back sometime tomorrow.

buckeyequilter
November 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Good morning....

Another day, another dollar (but those dollars add up to help support my quilting habit). It's a bit chilly here this morning but the sun is shining and the week-end is supposed to be really nice.

I finished up a gift for my SS buddy last night. Now I need to look through the box and see what I still need to put in there. I will be mailing it the week of the 25th. I'm going back to Amish country (Holmes Co.) on Thanksgiving week-end because there are a couple more things I want from there to put in the box.

I think tonight will be dedicated to working on DD's quilt so she can have it before the snow flies (hopefully). Remind me to never put decorative stitching on a JR quilt again *lol*

Well better get back to work...have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers and hugs to those that want them :)

Sandy Navas
November 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Hi, everyone. By the time I get to this point every morning I am tired from all the catching up I've done. I can't keep up with everyone.

Off to Li'l Sis's house today to quilt the quilt that Sierra and I worked on for her. Her birthday is coming up real soon and with the winter airs approaching she'll need a new quilt. Other than that there's nothing in the works.

To everyone on my prayer list, I pray for health, wealth, and happiness. Warm hugs and Jelly Beans to all.

Lonna
November 8th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Good Morning All,

Just another workday here for me. Just sitting here enjoying the first hour of the morning while it is kind of slow. Although I did get all my flea market people called about the auction this weekend. Not much to report from this little corner of the world. Have a great one my friends.

CrazyMtnLady
November 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Good Morning all. So glad I got through yesterday with only a bit of rampaging from DH's anger over the election. He did calm down a great deal and just moped around. Poor guy.

I got my Cowboy Quilt and Smiley washed and they are hanging on the line flapping in the breeze :) I did start sewing my charm pack I bought into triangles yesterday. Not sure what I am going to do with them as far as design but at least I am at a beginning. I am going to get the rest of them sewed together and maybe lay them out on the bed (if I can get the dogs and DH out of it) LOL. I want to play around with a design and I don't have a design wall.

Well, I need to make some breakfast .... finally. Have a great day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

auntiemern
November 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Morning all. I am so excited over finally getting to meet Jean, I have barely slept the past 2 nights. And I have the other fair this week end. The lump in my head just will not shut up when I lay down to close my eyes. Gonna try to get a few more small things done before Sat morning. Had a great time late last night chatting with Ruby on FB. I am planning to take the first bunch of quilts to the hospital either this coming week or the week after, right before thanks giving. Am excited to do that too. Maybe Jean can help me do that as well. Well guess I am not getting anything done being on here. Gonna check out the other posts, then get busy. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

shannonsaulter
November 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Good morning to everyone..No work for me til Monday..Woohoo!!! Hope to get my sewing/guest room more in order,going to lunch with a friend and waiting for the heater guy to come fix my heater...then hope to make a stop at the quilt shop to get some fabric for the back of my table runner..
Hope everyone has a blessed say and finds one reason to smile..

SuzyQue
November 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I am heading to a nearby quilter's home today to learn tons more about that quilting machine sitting in my studio. I am so excited! I am hoping this will be the inspiration needed to get me going forward. I feel like I quilt in spurts and starts, but then a lot of life is happening now. Prayers and hugs for those that need them and all those that want them! Off to enjoy this sunny, cool day! The windows will have to wait for another day!

toggpine
November 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I am having trouble thermo-regulating today. One minute I'm freezing, the next most of me is fine except my toes and nose. Then my hands get cold. Right now my toes are cold and my face is all flushed, but the rest of me is OK. Ugh.
I'm gonna go mess with a few things for my Secret Santa box and see if I can hold the pencil/rotary cutter/fabric in my fingers. Dang!
We are supposed to be going to "Math Night" in about a half an hour. I don't really want to go outside where it is cold and damp. Em probably won't care. I think we may just start a fire in the wood stove and read or do some math work on the computer. I am such a lame Mom.
Tomato soup and grilled cheese for supper might be just the thing.
Take care quilty friends!
Cathy

Monique
November 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Good morning....

Another day, another dollar (but those dollars add up to help support my quilting habit). It's a bit chilly here this morning but the sun is shining and the week-end is supposed to be really nice.

I finished up a gift for my SS buddy last night. Now I need to look through the box and see what I still need to put in there. I will be mailing it the week of the 25th. I'm going back to Amish country (Holmes Co.) on Thanksgiving week-end because there are a couple more things I want from there to put in the box.

I think tonight will be dedicated to working on DD's quilt so she can have it before the snow flies (hopefully). Remind me to never put decorative stitching on a JR quilt again *lol*

Well better get back to work...have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers and hugs to those that want them :)

I hope I am your secret buddy!! lol!!