PDA

View Full Version : A little pale sun shines down on Daisy World

Divine Daisy
November 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Today was a landmark day in Daisy World. Mr D is exactly half way through his radiotherepy. In another week and a half this will be over (scan results allowing). He is tired, thin as a rake and bald as a coot and claims that radiotherepy has removed his memory of how to load the dishwasher and he suspects that memory will never return...... but, we are nearly at the end!!!!!!!!!!!

Other things occuring are, the Christmas Chicken is almost ready for beading and I have been asked to dress the whole Christmas Window it is being made for. I am really thrilled about this, I am being given totally free reign with the window, can use anything at all in the shop I want and in addition have a generous budget for any additional things I may need. I have almost completed all my Christmas cracker placemats which is a relief. Will use a couple in the window too. The colours will be purple, magenta and gold. It needs to be ready for November 24th when the towns Christmas Season begins with Santa passing through and a evening street market with lots of mulled wine and mince pies.

Hope everyone is well, recovering from the storms and the election. Thoughts and hugs to those who need or want them.

shannonsaulter
November 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
So half ur DH still has a sense of humors and that things are going well...
Would love to see pics of that window
When it's done..

pcbatiks
November 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Daisy, So glad to see your post and happy for you and Mr D that is almost through with the treatments. Hmmm.......Very interesting about the Dishwasher Loading Memory Loss........sounds a little suspicious to me :D I do agree with Shannon........I would love to see the window when you are finished. It sounds like a fun project! Tell Mr D hello for us!

Swedish leo
November 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I am glad for you that it is halfway trouh the treatment! You go mr Daisy!

And how fun fory you mrs Daisy to to the window christmas styling! Just unleasch your inner creativity and go for it!

Good luck to both of you!

auntiemern
November 7th, 2012, 06:56 PM
So very happy to hear from you Daisy. Happy to hear you are both faring as well as to be expected. Will be looking forward to seeing pics of the window after it is finished. Prayers still being said for the amazing Mr. D. Hopefully when this is all over, and his hair grows back and puts a little meat on his bones, he will also remember how to load, and unload the dishwasher. Hugs to you both.

lilmouse
November 7th, 2012, 07:33 PM
vDefinitely sounds suspicious to me...but am glad he still has a sense of humor...glad to hear you have been asked to do the window and can't wait for pictures...you are so imiginative and artistic and I can't seem to spell tonight...please excuse spelling errors! Very glad to see you post...and how is our Seamus doing and what has he been up to? Sending hugs and keeping you both in prayer!

Winniesfriend
November 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Oh dear terrible problem that he has not being able to load the dishwasher, I have sure you will be able to retrain him once he his on the mend, great that he still has a sense of humour, I to would love to see photos of the window display once you have finished, continued hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Cathy F
November 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Would love to see pictures of what you create. You color scheme sounds beautiful. I'm glad My Daisy's almost done with his treatments and keeping his spirits up.

Divine Daisy
November 7th, 2012, 08:13 PM
vDefinitely sounds suspicious to me...but am glad he still has a sense of humor...glad to hear you have been asked to do the window and can't wait for pictures...you are so imiginative and artistic and I can't seem to spell tonight...please excuse spelling errors! Very glad to see you post...and how is our Seamus doing and what has he been up to? Sending hugs and keeping you both in prayer!

Seamus assisted in the creation of the Christmas Chicken window hanging by skipping in the window soaking wet from rain and plonking his great tabby arse down on it as I was working on the floor. Veryyyyyyyyyyyy helpful (not). As a result I had to put it into a pillowcase and wash it before I could work further. Not even sandwiched! Thankfully it came out of the washing machine fine and dandy. He is still wearing his tshirts, has worked out how to taken them off which he does when he is cross with me. As when he got a flying lesson for 'helping' with the Christmas chicken lol

Jean Sewing Machine
November 7th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Been thinking of you both and praying for him, and know how you must feel seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And the window sounds like so much fun to do! Beautiful color palette! Please share pictures when it is finished. Love to you both!

HandsOffItsMine
November 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Read Don your post and we're both so excited that Stewart is doing so well and that his Humor Bone has not been effected. lol
Let's hope that short term memory loss come back after that last radiation treatment. :)

Wish I was a fly on the wall when Seamus went flying off the Xmas Chicken, Oh My Mama must have been PO'd. I know I would have been. Glad that XC made it through the wash ok. Can't wait to see it!

Now the Xmas window project sounds like a ton of fun, that too is something all of us would love to see for sure. The color choices are grand too!

I have a question, do you wear steel mesh gloves when you change out the T-shirts on Seamus? I know that with 3 out of 4 cats of ours, there would be blood shed. lol The blood would be ours, 'cause they would not be happy!

Huggers and prayers always for both of you, Ruby and Don

ginampls
November 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM
hidy ho there everyone..I am feeling alive and well. i had crashed on my shoulder and then had a reaction to the pain med..as my calcium level was extremely low.. Ultrams will cause a seizure if calcium is low.. who knew not me. just greatful i wasn't driving..good as new. got the okay to resume life as i knew it before.

i have reconnected with a man from my way past. we saw each other for the first time in 18 years..was so good.. and have new beau. to boot..Abbey is growing and is now passed my chin.. we went big girl bra shopping. and life is good. still kicking butt at Joann's. and i am being creative.. i will finish DD quilt one day and it will be awesome.. yo sandy... blondie jan jenny young sarah miss natilie.. and everyone..

Jean Sewing Machine
November 7th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Read Don your post and we're both so excited that Stewart is doing so well and that his Humor Bone has not been effected. lol
Let's hope that short term memory loss come back after that last radiation treatment. :)

Wish I was a fly on the wall when Seamus went flying off the Xmas Chicken, Oh My Mama must have been PO'd. I know I would have been. Glad that XC made it through the wash ok. Can't wait to see it!

Now the Xmas window project sounds like a ton of fun, that too is something all of us would love to see for sure. The color choices are grand too!

I have a question, do you wear steel mesh gloves when you change out the T-shirts on Seamus? I know that with 3 out of 4 cats of ours, there would be blood shed. lol The blood would be ours, 'cause they would not be happy!

Huggers and prayers always for both of you, Ruby and Dongood question, Ruby. There would be bloodshed here also, if this treatment were applied to my fur friend! Of course, it would be mine!

Sandy Navas
November 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
It is so wonderful to hear that the sun is shining in Daisy World - I love good news. As for selective memory issues . . . isn't he the guy who was handing out business cards for you - maybe he'll forget to do that ever again. Give him a great big hug from all of us.

K. McEuen
November 7th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hmm...somehow I think if you handed Mr. D a sponge and some dish soap and steered him toward the sink he'd suddenly get his dishwasher loading memory back.

Not sure what it is about cats but they always want to be in the middle of things. It never failed if we were playing a board game on the floor our cat would waltz in and spread out right in the middle of it, usually knocking all the game pieces off.

bopeep
November 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Good to hear from you.......glad the treatments are almost over.....PRAYING.......for you both.........I am sure there is a video some where that can help him with his memory loss......to help him relearn..... loading the dishwasher ;0)
bopeep

Divine Daisy
November 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM
no need to put on gloves to dress Seamus in his tshirts. He is such a gentle giant that he just sits and lets me do it and sings me a song to entertain me while I do it. I will be glad though when he doesn't need to wear it anymore, that will be when Mr D stops going out at such odd times and taking Seamus's Mam with him. Seamus has developed an anxiety about me, is used to me being around at certain times of the day and when I change my routine he gets worried and overgrooms. When I am here he barely leaves my side these days.

Monique
November 7th, 2012, 09:09 PM
It is good to hear from you. I am sure you and Stewart will be happy when it is all over.

Yes, please post pictures of your projects. I would love to see them.

alliek
November 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Love the "dishwasher shtick" . Hope Mr. Daisy is as well as his sense of humor, and you too. Gotta love a cat! The world is theirs for the taking. I miss my "Bratenella McNasty" who passed last spring after twenty and a half years of earning her name. Be well, God Bless

bkthomas
November 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM
So happy for you about free reign on the window! Sounds like fun and yes, pictures please!
Now about the memory loss, I was going to say something like, well we will have to get rid of the dishwasher - Karen had the same idea and beat me to it!
Just Happy that you and Mr. D are happy, God Bless you both!!!

toggpine
November 7th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Well, at least Mr. Daisy has something to blame his memory loss on. I wonder what my husband's excuse is?

Glad to hear that he's hit the halfway mark. I wish there was such a thing as a "fat drive". Kind of like a blood drive, but for body fat. I have some I'd love to donate to folks who are struggling with illnesses that cause weight loss. Oh well. Until then, I'll just have to try to get rid of it on my own!

Take care!

HandsOffItsMine
November 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
no need to put on gloves to dress Seamus in his tshirts. He is such a gentle giant that he just sits and lets me do it and sings me a song to entertain me while I do it. I will be glad though when he doesn't need to wear it anymore, that will be when Mr D stops going out at such odd times and taking Seamus's Mam with him. Seamus has developed an anxiety about me, is used to me being around at certain times of the day and when I change my routine he gets worried and overgrooms. When I am here he barely leaves my side these days.

How nice that he seranades you too. :) Coco is the one that would let Kat dress her in Cabbage Patch doll clothes, put her in shopping bag, baby carriages, etc. Coco would talk a lot too, also took baths since she was a baby. Half Siamese/Persian - She was beautiful and sweet. No gloves required. :D

The other 3...We'd be in the ER for sure!

MRoy
November 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM
It's good to hear that Mr. D is halfway through his treatments. I agree with Karen, I bet giving him a dishrag (as we country folks say) and some dish soap would help him remember how to load the dishwasher. Poor Seamus, it sounds like he may have been tossed around just a bit today. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Jess1377
November 8th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Hmm...somehow I think if you handed Mr. D a sponge and some dish soap and steered him toward the sink he'd suddenly get his dishwasher loading memory back.

Not sure what it is about cats but they always want to be in the middle of things. It never failed if we were playing a board game on the floor our cat would waltz in and spread out right in the middle of it, usually knocking all the game pieces off.

LMBO! So true, ALL of it!! The sponge and soap would hurl me back to the present and get to loading the dishes right away! & cats are so weird the way they are all like that. Right there in your face when you really would prefer to cuddle them elsewhere than right at that moment you are doing something that didnt need a furry friends help ;)

Daisy, its so good to hear about Mr.D! I hope your hanging in there too :)

meemeecyn
November 8th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Good to hear from you, Daisy...and you, too, Gina. Hope you recover from the shoulder problem soon and good luck with the new Beau. Mr. D will recover soon to get that dishwasher loaded!!! It is so wonderful you both have such a great sense of humor. It helps tremendously with what you are going through. Keep on sewing and smiling!
Cynthia

Genny
November 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Today was a landmark day in Daisy World. Mr D is exactly half way through his radiotherepy. In another week and a half this will be over (scan results allowing). He is tired, thin as a rake and bald as a coot and claims that radiotherepy has removed his memory of how to load the dishwasher and he suspects that memory will never return...... but, we are nearly at the end!!!!!!!!!!!

Other things occuring are, the Christmas Chicken is almost ready for beading and I have been asked to dress the whole Christmas Window it is being made for. I am really thrilled about this, I am being given totally free reign with the window, can use anything at all in the shop I want and in addition have a generous budget for any additional things I may need. I have almost completed all my Christmas cracker placemats which is a relief. Will use a couple in the window too. The colours will be purple, magenta and gold. It needs to be ready for November 24th when the towns Christmas Season begins with Santa passing through and a evening street market with lots of mulled wine and mince pies.

Hope everyone is well, recovering from the storms and the election. Thoughts and hugs to those who need or want them.

I am so happy for you and MrD, I can see a very merry Christmas in your home!

Blondie
November 8th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Happy news is always good news, dear Daisy. Looking forward to seeing your designs, dear one.

lilmouse
November 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Ms. Daisy, I could just picture that flying lesson....thank goodness I didn't have any coffee in my mouth at the time or my laptop would have gotten a shower...and I take cream and sugar in my coffee! I got a chuckle out of the "flying lesson"! Hugs to both of you!

aliaslaceygreen
November 9th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Just awesome news! Tell Stuart you are perfectly capable of retraining him when the time comes!!!
Good luck to you on the windows. Remember, we want pictures!

BellasQuilts
November 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM
glad to hear Stewart has still got his humor. I love you get to do the whole window. Good project to dive into. We love the Daisys and hug that man of yours for us, he is in our daily prayers, as are you!