PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos

Blondie
November 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Hello Folksies

I don't think I can say good morning yet; I have only had about an hour sleep and my cuppa is really slacking on the pick me up. We had an election night watch here last night; the guys pooped out before the girls did. I think it was the caramel latte that Sis made that left a bad taste in our mouth and gave us indigestion. Or maybe it was all the other stuff we forced ourselves to eat.

Trish (in pa), that apple cake WAS delicious. In fact the entire dinner was sumptious. A feast that my Luscious won't be partaking of again anytime soon, I can assure you. Definitely not on his diet.
Okay, now that I've said my hello's, hubs is out the door and Gracie has done her morning romp outside, this blonde headed gal isn't going to stay up to watch the sun rise. G'night all!

MRoy
November 7th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I woke up at 2 am, checked the TV to see who won the election, and went back to sleep...sort of. I dozed from then until time to get up. I hope the politics will settle down now. It's back to work for me for a couple of days then a 4-day weekend. I'm sooo looking forward to it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Bailey65
November 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Good Morning!

Another cold morning here today and maybe a little of the nasty stuff (snow-mix) tomorrow. Another busy day again today but still hoping to make it to the Sewing Room. I am SO glad the Election is done with and we won't have to have it all over the TV ect. For me that seemed like the longest Election Season we ever had :(

I hope all of you have a wonderful day and get to do something fun!

Monique
November 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning all. I won't make any comments on the results of the election last night. I know you are all glad it is over.

I did not get ANY sewing done yesterday. I needed to get groceries and I took my MIL with me. She never gets out or goes anywhere except church on Sunday. So when I go, I usually ask her to come with me. I had a meeting last night as well.

I would like to get a few things done in my sewing room today. The kids are coming for the weekend. Those working for the government here get a long weekend. Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday, so they get Monday off. Phil will join me on Sunday for the service and he will be in uniform. I will take some pictures. I work on Friday, so no sewing on Friday either.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

meemeecyn
November 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Phew! It is quiet around here. DH is off to work, no more political ads or phone calls, and I can get more organized for the Hospital Craft Fair on Sat. I don't know why I agree to chair this conblasted thing every year! (glutton for punishment, maybe?? hehe) Oh well, we are down to the wire. We do it in the area of doctor's office waiting room and down the hall as far as we need to, so maintenance will move chairs, etc on Friday so we can set up. We're doing some baking this week for the bake sale table. Might as well with the snow coming in (unless we lose power!)

Have a good day everyone! Off to whip out a "Chocolate Quick Bread" recipe. Hope it's good. May have to do some quality control before selling!
Cynthia

Bubby
November 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Good Morning...

We spent most of the night watching the election returns. Glad it's all over. We had a wild local election going on yesterday also, so we were following that one, too. Only 68% of the registered voters in our county voted yesterday.

Today I have to make a Walmart run to get supplies for DH's hunting trip. He will be leaving Friday morning early. He pulls a trailer and always looks like he's running away from home! He always gets homesick and comes home a day or so early. While he's away I will be sewing until I wilt (Quilt Til You Wilt!). I have a couple more UFO's to try to finish.

I am working on a table runner that has to be done tomorrow night. DH takes it to my girlfriend at hunting camp. I also finished my daughter's quilt yesterday and forgot to take pictures before I boxed it up for the mail. I'll see if she will take a picture for me when she receives it and then I can post it.

I wish everyone a good day. Things will slow down around here now that the election is behind us. I'm praying for those on the east coast who are in the path of the new storm. I haven't heard a weather update today yet.

Hugs and prayers all around, Barb

aliaslaceygreen
November 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Barely operating on sleep, don't have to be at work till 1:30, yet I am up, so I can go to quilting!!!!

Lack of sleep over the last week caused me to miss the acceptance speech, and all the totals, but I will scour for all that later....just glad it's over, am thrilled and relieved to see that so many people voted out a lot of the fringe and the hate and crazy-rape people and voted in a record number of women...and the number of places that are agreeing that equality in love is a given...and the lines!!! Ah. Just how incredibly heartening it is for the future of our country, for the idea of civic mindedness and not all about me-ness, to see lines in VA so long they said it may be midnight before you vote! To see people in NY and NJ who lost everything including their polling place give up the majority of their day to find a way to VOTE!

I work until Friday...Saturday is wash my new fabric day and play with my new quilting toys day.....

Take care!

CrazyMtnLady
November 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Morning all. It is not a good day here in this Ozark home. DH is in a state of anger over the election and I get to hear him rant and rave all day! Maybe I need to grab the camera and take a walk in the woods.

I finished the Smiley quilt. I sat and sewed on the binding while watching the election returns. I will take pictures and make a post later. Now I get to decide whether I want to finish another UFO or start on something new :)

For some reason my wood stove is doing a lot of smoking this morning. The flue is open. It wasn't smoking like this yesterday. DH is complaining about the smoke and says I don't know how to build a fire (funny think is I am the one that ALWAYS builds the fires). Sure is going to be a wonderful day here.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
November 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Good morning.....

Was up too late last night watching the election returns. I'm so glad it's over...it was nice to see a Dunkin' Doughnuts commercial on TV this morning.

When I get home I think I'll work on DD's quilt - taking a long time so I will be glad when I get that one ready to bind. So when I need a break from that I think I'll begin trimming up my brothers quilt.

Well better get to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs for those that want them :)

Cathy F
November 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Morning all! The forcast for today is a Nor'easter coming through. We really don't need anymore storms through this area and I'm hoping not much more damage will be done in the area already most affected from Sandy.

I'm glad the election is over, now the phone solicitations and election mail will end. I think the big question now is can both sides pull together and do what they need to do for this country. Stepping off my soapbox now and returning to the sewing room :)

twnkeyes
November 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM
When it rains it pours! Stayed up late watching the election , no comment, tossed and turned until 3:30 when I became wide awake, got a call from my son that he was broken down on the side of the road with the truck he borrowed from us! I picked him up, he was late for work, my car's in the shop as is his and now our old truck. 3 vehicles! On the brightsside, I've had a cup of coffee and am sitting on the waiting room while hubs gets a routine colonoscopy. Brightened for me, not so sure he would away the same. ;) happy day to all!!!!

Lonna
November 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Good Morning All,

It is a quite day here this morning. I love the first hour or so of the day here at work it is normaly quite. So checking the threads and enjoying a cup of coffee. Need to start calling my auction people in just a bit as we have an auction coming up this saturday. I have an email list and a call list. I sure wish these on the call list would either get an email address or give me there address if they have one. I have roughly 40 people I have to call and get so tired of saying the same thing over and over and over again. But I am thankful that I have a job so it that is what I need to do then so be it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and prayers being lifted for all who need and those that don't know they need.

auntiemern
November 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
As alot of you were, I was up late watching the returns. As soon as the President made his acceptance speech, my butt hit the bed. I personally was more concerned with our prop B. The big elections turned out pretty much the way I expected, to the dismay of many I am sure. My Bubby is missing his Pa, so I am going to get him off the bus at 11:30 and bring him up here. The convo with his mom went something like this, this morning. Bubby: Where Pa. DD: At Home. Bubby: Granny house. DD: yeah. Bubby: Me go. DD: after school. Bubby: OK. So how can I possibly say no to that :) So with that being said gonna get off here and try to get something accomplished. BTW, Donna, tell your DH to take his attitude somewhere else, and maybe he should start building the fire. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

HandsOffItsMine
November 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
LOL @ Marilyn telling Donna's DH to take his attitude somewhere and to build the fire! Was thinking the same thing! Plus some other words to go with it!!

Being Red on a Blue state here in Hawaii should tell you how our reaction was last night. Our selection for Mayor of Honolulu did win - TheRail will go forward - Yea! For our side of the Island that would mean a reduction of 1.5 or more less commute time to Honolulu in the morning and evening. A great opportunity for folks out here to get better paying jobs or a job period!!

Today will be a day of working on Baby Luke's quilt and taking pictures of goodies received late by the mailman. :)

Huggers, Ruby

Gayle8675309
November 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Good (late) morning all. I was up late watching the election results...nuff said about that. :(

I'm going to keep working on my "October Windows" quilt today and this afternoon I have a dentist appointment...two fillings and a crown, going to be a looong one. Oh well, I'm grateful I am able to get dentist work done, many can't.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Gayle

shannonsaulter
November 7th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Missed most of the election stuff since I was working..had to be on the bus bringing inmates back from court then go back out to do releases..so my night was quick and Oh Yes it's my FRIDAY!!!
Hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!!

toggpine
November 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hello!
I'm off to get the "used" new windshield wiper replaced with a truly new one. Although I'm not sure I like the "new" new one I have on the drivers side. The way the armature bows it leaves a streak right across my vision line where the pressure isn't enough to hold the blade to the glass. Why is it so hard to do just routine maintenance? I was just trying to be a responsible driver and make sure I could see your facial expression clearly when I ran you down in the street.
The sooner I do that little errand, the sooner I can get back here and get to work on some things around the house. Hopefully fabric related, but probably more likely some stuff for the volunteer org. to get it off my desk. At some point I have come to really regret making this commitment, and this time next year I will be looking forward to handing it off to the next person.
Enough of that thought track!
The sun is shining, even if for only a little while today. I got a hug and a smooch from the sweetest kid I know as I put her on the bus. I have a roof over my head, and family & friends, who, if they don't love me, at least tolerate me very well!
You all have a great day doin' what you do.
Hugs, Cathy

lilmouse
November 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Morning or should I say afternoon Everyone, slept in this morning after I took sis to work; needed the rest...been short changing my sleep and that is not a good thing! Got another quilt bound last night....need to quilt the next one and bind it...my project list for today...and wash clothes...my least favorite activity! Will start assembling more blocks into quilt tops today also...going strong..hope to get an earlier start today! Everyone have a good day, hugs and prayers for all who need them!

CrazyMtnLady
November 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM
LOL @ Marilyn and Ruby..... I told him a few choice words including where he could put the wood stove!!! LOL.
Then I went outside and took pictures of my Smiley quilt and did 3 loads of laundry.
Sure was quiet out there... ;)

HandsOffItsMine
November 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
LOL @ Marilyn and Ruby..... I told him a few choice words including where he could put the wood stove!!! LOL.
Then I went outside and took pictures of my Smiley quilt and did 3 loads of laundry.

You go Girl! :D Next time he goes to one of those gun shows, make sure you let him do his own packing, no cookies, he's on his own! See how he likes it!!

buckeyequilter
November 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM

LOL...good for you!

I wasn't a happy camper this morning either but the election is over...and love it or hate it...it is what it is. I'm glad all those commercials are off the TV for a while. We would watch 5 minutes of TV and 10 minutes of commercials (some were comical, some were nasty but most were just annoying).

auntiemern
November 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Good for you. Had I actually written what I was thinking you should tell him, it would have been a page full of asterisks, lol.

pcbatiks
November 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM

Ouch....that sounds a little uncomfortable! :D

lilmouse
November 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
You guys are doing it again.....cracking me up.....!