PDA

View Full Version : You are a GREAT bunch of friends.

RFREE
November 6th, 2012, 09:48 PM
As I sit here and read the daily posts I can't help but to tear up at how lucky I am to have found such a wonderful group of friends. Each and every one of you are wonderful. I read the SS group posts and tear up every time. Maybe I'm moody today? Whatever...You all make my heart swell with pride just knowing you are there. Thank you everyone!
Hugs
Rhonda

Winniesfriend
November 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Oh Rhonda thats lovely, as my eyes tear up I feel the same way, there are a great bunch of people here, I look forward to reading the posts each day.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hey Rhonda, you are a gem for all of us to have gotten to know! Isn't it amazing how this group feels like family? I've been teary lately also, can't exactly decide why. We've had a lot of dreary days, maybe that's my problem. I cried today after I voted--go figure what brought that on.

So glad to have you as a friend! Looking forward to Paducah in spring, hope you are able to go again!

Jean

RFREE
November 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I will definitly be there Jean.We need to talk a bunch more of these wonderful people to join us. We would have a great time for sure!

RFREE
November 6th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Oh Rhonda thats lovely, as my eyes tear up I feel the same way, there are a great bunch of people here, I look forward to reading the posts each day.
I am addicted to getting on here first thing in the morning and first thing when I get home from work. I may not post everyday but I am here with all of you.

GrammaBabs
November 6th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Bless you all.... it is a very special place... always some one here with a word of encouragement or praise or help!!! This my addiction and way to pass time when i don't feel like doing anything else,,, and yes, to a fault, it does "keep me from doing a lot of things",, but for me, the human spirit and friendships like we have here at M* are more important than most things in life.. it's like family..I think i maybe one of the OLDER ones... funny how most don't mention age... but me,,,, i've earned and am proud of each wrinkle and ripple!!!!!! This part of my life may be a bit more "painful physically"... but it sure is restful most of the time... i remember the 18hr. days and how it never felt like work, with all that energy, but can't imagine doing that now...
As for the "tearing"... i don't let many see, but hardly a day goes by that i don't tear from feeling so fortunate,,,, or being angry because a lot of younger people "just don't get it",,, or just find something one of my GF's says so funny we laugh til' we cry...
my quote at the bottom says it all...
Thank You all for being who you are... and thank you M* for what you have built for us... hugs GrammaBabs

Sandy Navas
November 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I used to laugh (not directly at her) whenever my daughter spoke of her friends in far-away places (She's a Ravelry lady - a knitter). And now I find myself doing the same thing. "My friend in Idaho." "My friend in Ohio." "My friend in New England." . . . "My friend Rhonda, in Kentucky."

You all are the BESTEST of the BEST.

BellasQuilts
November 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Awwww, huggin' you right back there, Rhonda! This is an awesome place, isn't it?

Monique
November 6th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I feel the same. I bought my SS a gift today and told my mother in law that it was going to ........... She could not wrap her head around that. And where did you meet this friend? Why in my quilt group of course. LOL!!

meemeecyn
November 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Right back at 'cha, Rhonda. Couldn't agree more with your statement about this forum being made up of such wonderful folksies. (as our Dear Blondie would say!)
It is very heartwarming and comfy cozy. I agree with Sandy, too. I often say "you know, she's a friend from the forum" when I am talking about something I read or a project we are all working on.
Cynthia

auntiemern
November 7th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I know exactly how you feel Rhonda. This wonderful place, and amazing people on here, feel more like family some days than my own true family. I feel blessed every day, that God sent me to this wonderful place. I love each and every one of you, and am proud to call you my friends. Ok now you got me crying.

pcbatiks
November 7th, 2012, 12:49 AM
That goes for me too.....I appreciate all of you! Can't even count how many times I mention ".......on the forum" when talking to others or how many times you'll have lifted my spirits! Consider yourselves hugged! :)

Deneldac00p
November 7th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I haven't posted much lately but I am here several times a day checking up on what is going on. I feel the tug on my heart strings, share a giggle, get upset, laugh out loud and just generally feel warm and fuzzy when I am here. It is a wonderful place full of warm people. And Sandy, I am old too and have earned all the character lines, lumps and bumps and am **** proud of 'em!!!!!!

HandsOffItsMine
November 7th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Rhonda, you're absolutely right. This forum is my saving grace for my sanity. lol Every day many of you are mentioned over my lips or by my fingers to my family or other friends or people I run across in life. My Cyber Angels in many ways keep my on my toes. :D

Must be something in the air, 'cause like Jean and you, I too have been teary these last few days. Today I got up at 3 am, too riled up because we needed to go voting! I've always voted but this year it was very, very imported to get our votes in! Not only for President but for Mayor of Honolulu and our Senate/Congress. After that it was like a weight was lifted of my chest. It is what it is, but I had my say, da*n it! :)

My friends here are like family, in the last year we've done special quilts for sick children, husbands, brothers, friends for each other. Shown our work to each other, laughed, cried, shared our "Do you know what my DH did today, can you believe it?!?", you name it. I know that someone will pick up that I'm having a "dark" fibro day or severe pain day and will PM me, lift my spirits up, give the that cyber hug that will get me through the day. Like wise I will reach out to someone when I see a post that I know doesn't sound like their normal self.

That's what makes this Forum unique and caring. MSQC is a special company, a family business that cares about their customers and I hope that they keep that unique, small family business model core model in place as they continue to grow. They are great as are all of YOU! :D

lilmouse
November 7th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I totally agree with everything said above.....I have choked on my coffee, laughed until I cried, and in general say...you know; that forum I belong to...they are the best and I often refer people to the MSQC store website as well! I love this place! And all the people in it! Hugs, Susie

dwil23
November 7th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I agree with all of you. This forum has become an important part of my day. And, I too, am feeling more than a little blue now.

Suzyq
November 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Have a happy day girl ( and boy) friends! I too agree that this is such a friendly, fun and supportive forum... When I'm kinda feeling a bit blue, I Flip to this forum and read many of the posts.. Which cheer me up, realizing hey I share some of the same problems now and then too. I almost feel I know you all personally!

Bubby
November 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Rhonda, You're a sweetie!! I feel the same way...

Jean, I cried after I voted yesterday, too. I think it's because it reminded me of my Dad taking me to the polls with him every election so I could see the process and learn how everything worked.

CrazyMtnLady
November 7th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I so agree with you. This is the first place I come to in the morning. I turn on my coffee pot and sit down to see what's been happening to all my friends. And I am always talking about my friends on my quilting forum. You all are my rock.

Gayle8675309
November 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I too am so thankful for all of you. I have received unbelievable support from you all, and really do appreciate it. I may not post everyday, but I am here everyday (now that my health is better) and reading many of your posts. I almost always get a giggle from here, and love seeing everyone's quilts.

Keep it up all!

Gayle

quiltingtrish
November 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Oh, me too - even though I don't post as much as I used to. The days are so busy with the girls here (who should be in this house right now cause it is supposed to start to snow), the school I work at during the day (and now sometimes at night), and there is not much time to remark on the beautiful photos you post (and I sit here and say that one is on my list!), the troubles you have and need prayer for (and I immediately put you in my prayers), the funnies where I just about spit my coffee out all over, and the hugs I get cyberly when I see how much everyone means to one another here. And, I am glad you reminded me to check out the SS group cause even though I just about have the box almost ready to pack up, I do forget to check in the groups for messages and SS chit-chat.

Hugs!!

Cathy F
November 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I agree! First thing I do in the morning is get a cup of coffee and log on to this board, read all the posts and what's going on. There is always some one here to lend a hand, lift a heart, give a hug, offer a prayer, give encouragement, and their generosity to others that they've never met is simply amazing. I feel priviledged to be a part of this wonderful group!

shannonsaulter
November 7th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Rhonda how sweet and I know the feeling..I am surprised most web forums are blocked at work but got lucky and am working the front lobby of the prison and found time to see if I could log on here and yep I am lucky tonight..I hope you are having a great night cant wait to see more pics, hear more ideas and what everyone else has planned. and look forward to next year being in the SS next year...

bopeep
November 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I agree....Great bunch of Friends here........always a great place to come and set a spell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bopeep