PDA

View Full Version : Houston show...

aliaslaceygreen
November 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Ok, peoples, here you go! All 20 trillion photos!!!

http://www.rteest42.com/PortfolioThings/IQF-Houston-2012/26364046_NHRBWF#!i=2197792267&k=5JpSvm2
the password is:
IQF/12

Enjoy, it is a much easier on your feet tour!!

Trish

shannonsaulter
November 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM
will check them out when I get home :-)

pcbatiks
November 5th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Hi Trish, You got some great pictures. Out of all the quilts at the show and all the pictures we took........the two of us only duplicated two pictures. The clover quilt, I think was my favorite! Love the picture of the vendor area too! So how was your trip? Did you take any classes?

bkthomas
November 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks Trish!!! Did you have big fun?!!!

lilmouse
November 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Thanks for sharing your photos....awesome...the one that really gets me is the "pane" one...so tiny!

Jess1377
November 6th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Wonderful, thanks for sharing the photos with us. I really enjoyed browsing them :)

Winniesfriend
November 6th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the photos, there are some incredible quilts there.

Monique
November 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Spectacular pictures. Thank you.

Momofmonsters5
November 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Please no one take offense to my question it's a question not a lets bash me with comments. For Trish, is that the first year you have been? thanks for taking the time to share your experience!! I'm curious has the Houston show always been represented in that way with mostly what I would call "art" quilts? I love traditional quilts as well as appreciate the work everyone puts into every genre of quilting but I didn't see but a few traditional quilts ie: log cabins, stars even Baltimore album quilts. I wondering your experience, I have always wanted to go but I'm a traditionalist so that show would not be my thing if they aren't really showing the quilts that I get inspiration from. Thanks!! They were all gorgeous.

Blondie
November 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hi Trish
Glad you're back; I really enjoyed the pics. I viewed it through the slideshow option. Yeah, I'm lazy. Just click on slide and let the puter do all the work while I travel the show with you, coffee in hand.
Blessings
blondie

buckeyequilter
November 6th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for sharing. There are some truely amazing quilts there and some serious talent.

Claire Hallman
November 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks so much for the pictures, I am with Blondie, hit slideshow and enjoy.

aliaslaceygreen
November 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Good morning!
glad everyone is enjoying the show!

The Houston show does have a rep for being more artsy than some others.... But remember, my camera was only shooting things I was drawn to! I probably only shot 50% of the quilts there!
As a more traditional quilter you would have plenty to look at! Plus lectures, which I attended and classes which I did not, and don't forget the shopping!

It was my first time going to it and I definitely plan to do it again!

pcbatiks
November 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Please no one take offense to my question it's a question not a lets bash me with comments. For Trish, is that the first year you have been? thanks for taking the time to share your experience!! I'm curious has the Houston show always been represented in that way with mostly what I would call "art" quilts? I love traditional quilts as well as appreciate the work everyone puts into every genre of quilting but I didn't see but a few traditional quilts ie: log cabins, stars even Baltimore album quilts. I wondering your experience, I have always wanted to go but I'm a traditionalist so that show would not be my thing if they aren't really showing the quilts that I get inspiration from. Thanks!! They were all gorgeous.

Hi.......The Houston show does have a lot of traditional quilts also. Like Trish mentioned her pictures are what she was drawn to......we also took a lot of pictures (in my albums) of the quilts we were drawn to. If you ever have the chance to go to a big quilt show please go. I don't think you would be disappointed. Go to quilts.com the international show site. They have some of the prize winning quilts posted there.

pcbatiks
November 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
For all of you hexagon fans........Check out the 8th & 9th quilt picture in Trish's slide show. I think that was one of the quilts that had the little tiny 1/2 inch hexagons. I don't know how they could sew something so tiny!