PDA

View Full Version : It never happened before today!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 4th, 2012, 09:44 PM
You've all heard me whining about the PIA costuming job I had agreed to do for a local theatre group. It's community theatre, so it is a totally volunteer position. They pay for the materials, but not the labor. Since the show was going one direction and I had purchased materials for that, then it took an abrupt 180 degree turn to the opposite direction two and a half weeks before it opened, I had materials I didn't use, and had to purchase more stuff to make it fit the new concept.

Today was the last show, it made me cry a bit because it will be the last time I hear some of the songs that I love from the show, sung by some of my favorite singers. We cleaned up the costume room, and the treasurer gave me a reimbursement check for the costumes I made, as well as for the ones I made but we couldn't use. Then she gave me another check for $300. That was for sticking with them and finishing the job. That NEVER has happened to me before! No one has every paid me for my services! I was blown away by their generosity.

And it will be greatly appreciated, because the Visa bill has come already, and the piper must be paid! Thank you, Act II Theatre group for your generosity!

K. McEuen
November 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM
That's great! At least they must have realized that they would have been up a certain creek without a paddle if you would have walked.

Be careful Jean, they are trying to suck you back in ...

toggpine
November 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM
YEA! Glad to hear that they paid your for the supplies and that they put a drop in the bucket for your hard work and loyalty.

Sometimes good deeds do get rewarded!

bkthomas
November 4th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I am so glad to hear this! Kuddos Jean!!!

bopeep
November 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM
You Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you......I am sure it made you feel good.....
bopeep

CrazyMtnLady
November 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Congratulations Jean.. you deserve it for all your hard work.

HandsOffItsMine
November 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Bravo to the Theatre for stepping up and doing what's right! Not that it even comes close to what you deserve my dear friend! However we do step into these jobs as volunteers. Yet working with some of the prima donna's...Oy! :icon_doh:

Now remember the two letters of letters of the alphabets for next season "N" "O" -- Now together "NO" Now in a sentence, "I'm sorry, I'm already committed helping "XYZ" this year. "No with a positive spin". Now repeat after me... :D

Tamara J Liddell
November 4th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Bravo to the Theatre for stepping up and doing what's right! Not that it even comes close to what you deserve my dear friend! However we do step into these jobs as volunteers. Yet working with some of the prima donna's...Oy! :icon_doh:

Now remember the two letters of letters of the alphabets for next season "N" "O" -- Now together "NO" Now in a sentence, "I'm sorry, I'm already committed helping "XYZ" this year. "No with a positive spin". Now repeat after me... :D
lol Ruby, I think we need to give that lesson to Divine Daisy also..

Congrats Jean, job well done and a rest well deserved..

HandsOffItsMine
November 4th, 2012, 11:49 PM
lol Ruby, I think we need to give that lesson to Divine Daisy also..

Congrats Jean, job well done and a rest well deserved..

I kind of gave DDaisy the same mantra, I'm also making it my spiel for 2013! Mine is "I'm sorry, I'm already committed to helping Keikies of Waianea, Circles of Comfort and Marilyn's NICU in 2013!" I think my spare time is pretty much spoken for!! HeHe!

shannonsaulter
November 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM
That is absolutely fabulous!!!! Bet that made your day!!!

ChristineB
November 5th, 2012, 12:22 AM
That is so nice to hear, Jean! I bet you were thrilled!

meemeecyn
November 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
There is not a more deserving person in that company! You did stick by them through thick and thin and it is great they showed you how much you are appreciated. You are the Sewing Machine!!!!

lilmouse
November 5th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Good for you Jean....about time someone deemed you worthy...as you most definitely are!

Musical_Starling
November 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM
So glad to see that you got a little "reward" for your hard work :) As others have said, not nearly as much as you truly deserved lol But it's the thought that counts, right?

Winniesfriend
November 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I am glad they appreciated you and all of your hard work.... now which Jelly Rolls to buy :)

auntiemern
November 5th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Woo Hoo!!! WTG Jean. I can just imagine your surprise. So happy for you, that you got recognized for the amazing job you did. Now, do not forget what Ruby, has so eloquently reminded you and the Divine Ms. D to do. It really is not a dirty word ya know.

goofyizzy
November 5th, 2012, 02:18 AM
That's great. It's nice to be appreciated.

Sandy Navas
November 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I am going to disagree with everyone, Jean (but not you). They did the right thing - because they know they will be calling on you in the future and there is absolutely NO way you will tell them NO because you love what you do and you are truly devoted and you can't help but assist when someone needs you.

Yeah for you - and accept that 'bribe' gracefully. You do so deserve it.

Monique
November 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Thumbs up for you Jean.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I am going to disagree with everyone, Jean (but not you). They did the right thing - because they know they will be calling on you in the future and there is absolutely NO way you will tell them NO because you love what you do and you are truly devoted and you can't help but assist when someone needs you.

Yeah for you - and accept that 'bribe' gracefully. You do so deserve it.Sandy, I see it that way myself, it was the circumstances that made it so difficult. I'll choose my directors more carefully in the future. I had worked with this one in the past and it was a positive experience. Somehow through personal circumstances, he changed over the year. He is a young man who has Parkinson's, we are wondering if his medicine had something to do with the way he acted or failed to act. You never know about people and what stress can do to a person. I want him to succeed, even though he made my life miserable!

Swedish leo
November 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
You so deserve it for all your hard work! Enjoy it!

Gayle8675309
November 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Woo hoo Jean! That is wonderful...I think you should celebrate with a MSQC Daily Deal! LOL. :)

Gayle

cyndiofthevortex
November 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM
What a welcomed gift that was! Save just a bit to spoil yourself if you can. You really do deserve it, Jean.

Bubby
November 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
That's great news, Jean! You always put 100% plus into everything you do and work so hard. It's nice to see someone appreciates your efforts!! Barb

Jess1377
November 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Thats a great surpise for a wonderful Lady! :) You certainly deserved it and more!!

BellasQuilts
November 5th, 2012, 11:57 PM
So glad to hear that they not only appreciate you for your wonderful talents making their costumes, but they are aware of the time and efforts you put in and the costs to you. Nice job Act II Theater Group!

RFREE
November 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Good for you Jean. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. You deserve every penny my friend. This made my night!!