PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Yum Dip

Blondie
October 12th, 2010, 02:14 PM
This is what I am making for my part of the visiting kin - it is so yummy and easy

Pumpkin Dip with Cinnamon Chips

Cinnamon Chips:
5 (7 in.) flour tortillas
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven 400 F. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over tortillas. Using a pizza cutter cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place in single layer of cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove and let cool.

Pumpkin Dip:
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup thawed cool whip
Chopped pecans, (optional)
2 medium apples or pears wedged

For dip, combine pumpkin, sour cream, brown sugar and cinnamon. Fold in cool whip. Put dip in a bowl. Wedge apples and pears. Serve dip with cinnamon chips and apple and pear wedges. Dip could also be put in a small hollowed out pumpkin for the fall season.

NM Lady
October 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Goodness that sounds good!!!! Can you use fresh pumpkin?

Laura108
October 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM
OOOO sounds good ...I know what im making lol...
I just made a new cookie recipe too I was going to post in our daily log thing...
Blondie I swear you are a girl after my own heart.

patticakes
October 12th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Blondie that sounds good! I think I could make it low carb using splenda and make my own little low carb crackers. Thanks for sharing!
Patti

Blondie
October 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Goodness that sounds good!!!! Can you use fresh pumpkin?

I have never used fresh pumpkin with it but I am assuming that it would be fine. I have only made pies from fresh pumpkin but it's basically the same type of thing. Try it and let us know?!

Blondie
October 12th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Blondie I swear you are a girl after my own heart.

Ditto back atcha Laura. So glad you have perked up some. Thanking the Lord for that!!
And yes, this is too stinking good and it IS impressive. People think you are a brilliant chef. LOL.

Blondie
October 12th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Blondie that sounds good! I think I could make it low carb using splenda and make my own little low carb crackers. Thanks for sharing!
Patti
I think the splenda is a splendid idea! I use splenda a lot but haven't tried with this one.

ginampls
October 23rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
I could try this. lookes good. :icon_razz:

pdjewelrylady
October 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM
This sounds so "fall flavorfull" and perfect for my jewelry lady meeting next week! thanks for the idea!! :icon_tup: