PDA

View Full Version : New England Gals Mark Your Calendar!

cyndiofthevortex
November 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Let's all meet and enjoy the BEST quilt show the northeast has to offer - my very favorite - Machine Quilters Expo!

MQX is in Manchester, NH April 10 to 13 next spring. DH and I go every year and spend the night so that we can be rested up enough to enjoy all the quilts and classes this show has to offer. It really is the best and you won't be disappointed, I promise! I'll get an album up of pics from past shows to let you see what's in store for you.

I'd love to meet more of you gals here on the forum that live in the area. Anyone like to join me at a fantastic show? Wouldn't it be fun to all take a class together? Google MQX and get their catalog as soon as it comes out.

Let me know if any of you are interested!

cyndiofthevortex
November 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
The album is up if anyone would like to look at it.

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I attended the Machine Quilters Expo when it was held in Kansas City this year and was totally blown away. Well worth my time and I've got my eyes open for when they come back this way. Hopefully, Cyndi, the lady who quilts table cloths will be there for you to see. I was so impressed - cloths from the 40's and 50's - stunning.

Loonwatcher
November 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Oh, I would love to do that. Manchester is totally doable for me.

quilter.martha
November 4th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I WISH I could do that....but that will be a working weekend for me. The last Saturday of tax season :(

cyndiofthevortex
November 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Nancy, that would be awesome if you could come! I'm sorry Martha about tax season. I know you'd love the show and it would be such fun to have you there.

nana margaret
November 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I got so excited when I read this, then I realized you meant Manchester in the USA.:icon_rolleyes: I can but dream!

cyndiofthevortex
November 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I got so excited when I read this, then I realized you meant Manchester in the USA.:icon_rolleyes: I can but dream!

LOL! How about hopping on a plane? I'd love to meet you, too!

Winniesfriend
November 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM
:(, would love to come... we are having a craft and quilt show this weekend in Adelaide and I get to go to that, wont be any where near as exciting but should be fun.

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I WISH I could do that....but that will be a working weekend for me. The last Saturday of tax season :(

Just tell everyone to 'HOLD YOUR TAXES' and you'll be back soon!!

They do give extensions . . .

Bailey65
November 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hi Cyndi,

We would love to come. There would be only one thing that might be a snag. Every April we go on a Cruise. We haven't booked the Cruise yet and we go with 2 other couples. As soon as we nail down a date for the Cruise I will be sure to let you know. I am SOO excited I hope we get to go.

bopeep
November 5th, 2012, 12:04 AM
That would be way too far for me to go.......
But I just looked at the pictures.......WOW.....those are Beautiful Quilts.......
bopeep

meemeecyn
November 5th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Hi, Cyndi! I haven't done any machine quilting yet, but would love to meet up with any of you quilter sisters. It seems so far off, but it will arrive in a flash. Shows my age, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for thinking of it. Will go check out the album next.
Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
November 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Fannie, I'd say a cruise might beat out a quilt show, but I hope you can arrange your schedule to do both!

Cynthia, even though all of the quilts are machine quilted, you'll still see some jaw-dropping ones that you would love. The piecing is amazing and so is the applique. I hope you can come.