PDA

View Full Version : Hello Weekend

Blondie
November 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM

Happy Saturday Folksies!

Welcome to my humdrum, boring world . . .

No big plans for me here this weekend. More leaves to rake, some wood to carry in for the woodstove and maybe if I am feeling really ambitious I may even cook. Hubs is wanting some homemade bread to go with leftover chili. Oh yeah, like that is gonna happen. Fresh homemade bread for leftover chili? bwahahaha, that honeymoon is over Mister.

Praying for all of those who lost so much. I have been emailing May all week; I think she is powerless; she told me in her last email that they were far enough inland - hoping it is only the power she is without.
Keep praying for these dear ones as it seems as if more cold weather will be setting in.

Gotta get ready for work. Blessings to all!

quilter.martha
November 3rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Morning Blondie:

My heart is just sick over the devastation down in NY and NJ. We were without power for 24 hours, but were without a TV for a week due to some home improvements going on. So when I was finally able to turn the TV on and see some footage of the disaster I was so sick. I can hardly watch the news.

Today I'm going to our local craft fair and I'm hoping to find Fanny and her booth. I sure hope she's feeling better. After that the day is mine to sew, sew, sew. My DH is out hunting for the whole day and my son will be gone all day as well. Not very often I get the day to myself. Looking forward to it!

Lonna
November 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Blondie and Martha,

Not going on much here this weekend either. There is a craft fair going on in Ponchatoula this weekend but I don't know if I will even bother going this time or not. They have this so called craft fair twice a year and it has become more of a I don't know even what to call it anymore. More venders with the stuff that they buy for a couple of buck in mass quanity and then sell for triple the price. If there are any hand made crafts it is nothing but bows and tutu's. Think I will run by Hobby Lobby after work this afternoon and pick up batting for Alec's quilt. Wonder if I can get Wayne to help me sandwhich like he did with the little lapquilt I did last weekend. Anyway enough of this rambling on about nothing. Have a great day Ladies and enjoy your day.

Debbie MM
November 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Good morning, I going to Fons and Fons seminar today, The local sewing machine shop brought them in for the weekend. We had a meet and greet and they are really nice.

Bubby
November 3rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Morning Everyone,

Blondie, boring is a good thing...any time without drama is very good. We will be out of town working today at our apartments. Miss Molly goes with us and thinks she's the supervisor.

Yesterday I mailed the box to my SSS! Yay, I hope it arrives safely! Blondie, a box is on its way to you also. It should find you with no problem. I have been maing a few holiday table runners and have sold several around town. I took a big stack of them to the fabric store to show my friend who works there and I came home with only two! I have been making some from chicken material and I'm especially fond of those.

I have to get ready to leave at 6:30. Everyone stay safe and have a great Saturday! Barb

MRoy
November 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning! I've got some leaves to rake and chop today unless I decide I just really don't want to! :) I've been up since before 4 and I'm thinking I might try to take a little nap before starting the day.

dizzyLiz
November 3rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning all. I'm going to a yard sale a neighbor is having. She has a box of quilting squares........hoping something I can use. Other then that i plan to sew all day.

Have a great weekend.

Cathy F
November 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Morning All!

DH and I are off to have breakfast with friends a relaxing time with all that's happened here. Besides all the devestation here now there is no gas., 70% off all gas stations here in Suffolk and Nassau county have run out of gas so after breakfast looks like we will be staying in to reserve what gas we have in the cars. It was not uncommon to see almost 200-300 cars lined up for blocks near each gas station before they all ran out.

Hugs and prayers to all that could use some today!

bec
November 3rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
I seldom get bored. I'm pretty content with being a home-body and just ding-donging around the home place. Today I'll start off by taking my walk this morning. Looks like rain is on our doorstep, so I guess I'll be walking on the treadmill. Then I'm going to continue with my Fall cleaning for a few hours. After that, I'm going to work on the mug rugs that I'm making for my daughter. I've come up with a simple looking design that will look nice with the tree skirt and table runner that I made for her. I'll post pics when I'm done.

I love homemade bread. I make our loaf bread most weeks, but don't make rolls or corn bread very often. Mostly because I can't stop eating them!

Prayers for those on the east coast and anyone else who needs a prayer.

Have a lovely day.

CountryHut
November 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
G'Morning everyone :icon_wave:

hubby is off to work until the noon hour - so it me and the pot of coffee this morning -- oh wait . . and the three babies --
thank goodness they are fast asleep AGAIN -- normally they are wanting to play this time of the a.m. - toss them a cookie or two
and BAM they're good to go for a bit . .LOL*~

no leaves to rake BUT plenty of pine needles to scoop up -- our leaves don't fall until late winter - early spring -
- but I will blast the orange tree with some well needed water so they will plump a bit more before the 1st frost -

just a bit of multi-tasking today -- laundry and sewing -- and whatever else I feel the need to get done
just gonna take it slow this weekend -- much to do next week before a trip to AZ --

~~~~~
C(_) - off for a refill

Diane :D

Sandy Navas
November 3rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Sounds as if most have a lazy-hazy weekend planned. Or, as Bec said, just ding-donging around. I can't keep up with some of you though - Barb off working all weekend (hope she rested up all week, too). Not certain what my weekend will bring. We had planned to go help DD and DSIL get the leaves picked up today (we have a cyclone rake) but his work place scheduled a special update on their insurance plans for next year and that's that. No obligation there now.

I'm pondering. A wonderful cousin and her hubby have offered me his mother's 'old' treadle sewing machine. Now anyone who knows me knows I'm game. So, do I take them up on it or not? Where am I going to put it? Yeah, I know, I'll find room. I may have to move Al down to the shop permanently.

Like everyone else I am totally mind-boggled over all the devastation. I truly don't know how people recover and move on. Talk about trial by fire. So prayers uplifted, assistance given where possible - everyone in the path is in my prayers.

Stay warm and comfy and tackle your weekend head-on with whatever fortitude you possess.

cyndiofthevortex
November 3rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
I am going to spend the day on a long date with DH. We are going to the local craft fair and look around for Fannie. I'm looking forward to meeting her and I want to see her snowmen! Then off to a quilt show in Manchester called "A Quilter's Gathering."

But first, off to have breakfast at our favorite restaurant!

Madeforyouinma11
November 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Today I am off to pick up a couple of things that I need for the fair tomorrow and then it's back home to finish up a few things. I have most everything priced and packed and ready to go. I have a few pumpkins left to finish, a few snowmen to dress and 1potholder, 2 placemats and a runner left to bind.
I'm still praying for those still feeling the effects of Sandy and hope everyone is ok.
Well, off to finish up here and then on with the day....
Hope everyone has a wonderful day whatever you are doing! :)

BellasQuilts
November 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Morning all. Today I am going to the hairdresser (wish it was Blondie!) to get the hair colored and cut. Then take the two old dogs to get shots at the clinic. Hopefully I can swing by local quilt shop to see their new fabrics they just got in. Tomorrow we are taking family pictures. Since the wedding planner (it's hard to use that word to describer her since she did NOTHING) did such a lousy job, we never got family photos at the wedding. So, DD wants us all to dress up a bit to have some taken. I'm happy that such things matter to her. I am excited to see them when they are done. SSS box is done, just waiting to mail it now. I hope she likes it. Working on a baby quilt now and have some table runners I need to make for Christmas gifts. Hugs to all and if all Americans donate a $1 to the fund, that would be over $314 million; even a dollar counts, so if you can donate to the Red Cross or Salvation Army, it would help! Hugs to all and prayers for them as need them. Megan

lilmouse
November 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Good Morning Everyone,
Not too much going on here either - pretty excited....yesterday I got two quilting hoops at my quilters group free; and they are nice ones...the older ones which are thicker wood than the new ones you see at JoAnne's....planning to stop by there with my coupons if I have a good day at work today...we will see! The primitive hand stitching I did on the COC quilt got good reviews...so maybe it will be all right. I am using it more for decoration than to hold the quilt together! Nothing else here today except work....everyone have a wonderful weekend! Prayers and hugs for all in need today

HandsOffItsMine
November 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Morning all,

Waiting for DDon to wake up to get my first cup of Joe. Yes, I'm spoiled. I could make it myself but he does such a great job with the creamer ratio. lol He's been doing it for over 32 years and has it down to a science. :)

Have my third heart cut and laid out for Baby Luke's quilt - that wil be the project for today. It's coming along beautimusssss.

Do have to the store for food. Ugh! Hate grocery shopping, not a shopper at all really. Do like to decorate the house, no room to do that here, lol. Antiquing, no money for that. Fabric, yes. Clothing, no too fat. lol

Glad they cancelled the Marathon, can't believe they even considered wanting to waste resources holding that. Do think we're going to see some ugliness in NY if the power doesn't come back on soon throughout the whole city. Then the basic necessities need to be brought in, easier said than done but some neighborhoods are going to go into survival mode and I don't think it's going to be pretty. Praying that God gives strength to all and that He helps the Supply Chain find their way to the people.

Like many, I too worry about May. I even Google mapped her area last night for info. They did have outages but it showed they were up now. She and her family have been in our special prayers.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday! I need to make some noise...I need my Johan!

Huggers, Ruby

middlesis1966
November 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Good morning all! I can say that now that I've had my morning pot of java. I'm not a morning person at all!!!

The day will be so nice and peaceful. All the family has gone there separate ways today and that leaves me to a nice and peaceful day to enjoy.

Been kinda down in the dumps since I've been laid off. As much as I always complain about having to work, I really did like my job. I can't do the only thing I know how to do because of the mastectomies and that sucks. I really do miss it. I just have to find the one thing that I will love to do as much as that. At first I thought it was to do medical coding, but now I don't know. I'm at a loss right now. OK enough sadness now. I've got to pull the big girl panties on and just deal with it!!

I'm going to a Pat Speth class on Monday so I need to gather my supplies. My guild has been doing a fabric swap for the past year to get ready for it. I've got the pattern figured out so I've got to get them together.

Have a fun filled Saturday all!

auntiemern
November 3rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Good barely morning all. Didn't sleep well last night, so slept in, like that is anything unusual. Gonna try to get something done today.Maybe make some stars but on a smaller scale to make a few runners. Still praying that our members we haven't heard from are doing ok. The flooding was so devastating. Been through that myself with my parents in '82. They lost everything. it is truly heart wrenching. Babysitting for a couple hours this afternoon, then the rest of the day is mine, til DH gets hoe from hunting. Hoping our friends doing their craft fairs, fare better than I did. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. Oh yeah, have to agree with Megan on donating to the relief fund. Even a dollar will help those in need. It is s shame the pitiful response our own government has when it comes to domestic tragedy. Ok enough of that, before I get all worked up.

janluna
November 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Good Afternoon! I went to bed at 11P.M. and was still awake at 4:30 A.M. Then we got a call from one of our customers at 7:45. So, I went back to bed at 9:35 and slept until 12:30, YAY!!!! My back was killing me last night even with my meds. My friend Dawn took a photo of me, our friend Carol and a quilt I'm working on. I'll try and put it in an album. It's not done yet. I will be starting quilting today. My friend Jan B. stayed back after the sewing group left and we taped the quilt off so I can cross hatch it. Thanks to friend Carol for the painters tape. Anyway, I'll post a photo of Carol and I holding up the quilt. I only have 14 days to get it done and bound. I just can't sit and sew for long periods of time. I will get it done! Also have Ruby's blocks to finish by Monday so they can be sent out. I also have stuff to send to Blondie, and of course my SSS. I better get a move on or nothing will get done. Love and Prayers for all of you. Extra Prayer for those in need. Alison, how is your Mother doing? She has been on my mind today. Have a great rest of the day! Hugs, Jan L.

shannonsaulter
November 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone!!!
Not a boring day for me...I get to go to work!!! LOL...but have been getting things moved into the new guest/craft room...My Daughter put the dabed together while I was at work last night and today I am hoping someone will get my sewing table put together....I have a few decorations for this new room and cant wait til my work week is over so I can get sewing in my new space...