PDA

View Full Version : Please let us know you are ok

auntiemern
November 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Have been watching the special on Sandy. My heart is just breaking for all of those affected by that terrible storm. I am just sick with worry over May, and others we have not heard from yet. If anyone of our members were affected, and have not posted yet, please do so. I realize that this place is not your priority, but just a simple I am ok is all I need. Also if anyone knows how to contact those that still have not checked in that would be great. Still praying for those that have been touched in anyway by this horrific storm.

mommadeb
November 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
I hope they are all doing ok. Have any of them checked in?

We're getting our dose of it now. Don't know if it's from Sandy or not. Since yesterday, we've had constant winds from the north at about 66mph and gusts up to 116 mph. The temperature has been just above freezing. High tides but no flooding that I have heard of yet. The weather service has said that our winds are exceeding Sandy's and it is supposed to be like this through tomorrow yet. We live in a concrete house and it even shakes at times.

Maybe these links will work and you can see a video of our ocean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aG3J6PH5S2s

Here also is a picture outside my SIL & DIL's back door further north.31021

alliek
November 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
Be safe Deb and stay well. Prayers for all in the path of this storm. The devastation in New Jersey and Staten island is heartbreaking. Other than donating to the red cross, I wish I knew what to do.

Bailey65
November 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
I just watched the Benefit Concert for those poor souls and made a donation thru my phone, it was SO easy. (My phone is very new and still learning). If you have an I-phone got to itunes.com/redcross, even a little donation all adds up in the end.

Musical_Starling
November 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Mother Nature is so scary at times! Still praying that all are okay, and you stay safe too Deb!

lilmouse
November 3rd, 2012, 01:06 AM
Deb, that video was awe inspiring and scary all at once! And the picture of the back door...oooohhhhh. lots of snow...brrrrr just looking at it! Stay safe and keep warm!

Madeforyouinma11
November 3rd, 2012, 03:29 AM
Holy crap! The video and the photo is crazy! Please stay safe, warm and dry!

Ginny B
November 3rd, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hi all. Just wanted to let you all know I am ok. Some minor damage at the house and still no power. We came into Brooklyn to my sisters house. My sons are very happy that we have left our cold dark house. I actually hadn't seen any footage of the destruction. Just heard things on the radio. Heartbreaking. My cousin's house in Staten Island is going to be a total loss. They evacuated so they are ok.
Dh and I will stay here until Sunday enjoying heat, light and hot showers. I will take time to catch up here tomorrow (I guess I really mean later today) .

I hope everyone else affected by this storm is ok and will be able to let us know soon.

Ginny B

Musical_Starling
November 3rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
Thank you for checking in Ginny! Glad to hear that everyone is okay :) Things can be repaired and replaced...

lilmouse
November 3rd, 2012, 04:09 AM
Glad to hear that you are all right....sorry to hear about the total loss of a house though.....better the house than a life!

New York Sue
November 3rd, 2012, 04:10 AM
Ginny, I'm so glad you're okay! The images on TV are haunting. I don't believe the rest of the country has a clue as to the magnitude of this storm, nor the amount of devastation. My friend's husband is involved with Emergency Management in NYC, and has not been home in a week. He's done two tours in Afghanistan, and was directly involved when the Towers fell on 9/11. He says this trumps anything he's seen 10 times over! A whole lot of suffering and devastation...
Glad your home is still intact, and pray power will be restored, so you can return home soon. I can't even begin to imagine what some are going through...The images on TV are daunting.
That said, any donation to the Red Cross is meaningful. $5, $10 whatever you can manage!

Lisaau
November 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Sitting here in Australia and seeing it all on tv makes me wish l was a billionaire and could fix it all .........its heartbreaking...how is a country that owes $15 trillion going to fix this

bopeep
November 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
I Pray all are safe.....and that the power will soon be back on.......we have had several stroms here in NC in the past.....and the power has been off been off for days...even up to a week..but most of ours come when the weather is hot.......it is not easy even then...but you can stand being hot better than cold........
Hug & Prayers
bopeep

Silverlining
November 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Ginny: I am so glad that you are alright. Sorry to hear about your cousin's house and the damage to your house. Stay safe.
Be well.