PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Monday 10-11

Blondie
October 11th, 2010, 07:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/TIZMonday2.gif

Happy Monday to everyone

Lots going on today. Sis and I were planning a nice and quiet productive sister day. I am not sure that will happen. Hubs will be back home in a bit to work on the plumbing in one of the bathrooms. Which means I will be his third hand. yuck. I am not good at this stuff but will be sweet to him

Then down to the folks. I am going to try to start on some more blocks - even though I have tons of other UFO's , they always need company.

Hope everyone has a great day!

janluna
October 11th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Good morning Blondie, I love you're dancing mouse. He/she is adorable! I love your talent with graphics. I have to mop today or my floor will get up and walk out on me. I have been bad and not mopped in a week. I've been struggling with my hand quilting homework instead. I will get it though. If it kills me.
Laura, when you get on here, I hope you rested well last night and slept like a newborn.
Please rest up today after your long and busy weekend. I love you sweetie.
Suzi, I hope your nose is ok. And that your bruises don't show much. I hope you got some rest too.
Good morning to everyone else. I hope the day has great things in store for you! I'll be around off and on. I'm off to battle the dirt on my kitchen floor. Love you all, Jan :icon_wave: :icon_hug:

patticakes
October 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all!
Blondie hope you have a good day with your sister! Sorry about you being the "plumber's apprentice". My BF is a plumber and I would not want to help him at all!!
Jan sounds like you are tackling a big job today with your floor duty! I hate mopping floors but the only area not covered by carpet in my townhouse are a very small kitchen and the bathroom. I use the swiffer thingie most of the time. Once in a great while, when I have super ambition, I get down on the ole hands and knees. I don't mind the kitchen but I usually leave any cleaning of the bathroom to the BF as I hate cleaning the bathroom!
Well, a busy monday at work so I better get off here.
Hope everyone else has a good monday - I will check in tonight!
Buzzzin on out of here.........

sewsoft
October 11th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hello to all, Its good to hear from you this morning. Last night I pulled out my quilt pieces from a class I took five years ago that I never finished. Just as I started to pin them I remembered why I sew.... It brings me peace... Calm... Joy... Now that I have caught the quilt bug again I am so excited! I stopped because the stores do not offer quilt classes in my area. That being said I thought I was not capable of quilting alone until now, I found you all :icon_wave:.

Jan I usually pull out the swiffer just like patticakes mentioned because I have a very small kitchen and bathroom no need for a mop and bucket.
Blondie you are so sweet, You give us something cute to look at every morning.
Suzi I hope your nose is better .
Patticakes[/U][/U] thanks for the referral for the quilt patterns.
Laura I'd love to see what the one seam flying geese block looks like. I know how it is to get excited when working on a sewing project ... You just can't put it down. I hope you did get some sleep last night. I haven't for the last 2 weeks. I've been up until 1- 2am every morning then I wake up with a headache later. I'll catch up later with everyone.

I Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever you do.

newbiequilter
October 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I installed a new shower head this weekend. All by myself! No one here to help. I knew I could do it if I could get the old connector off and it was not too hard. How pleasant to have a shower head that doesn't have a mind of its own - the old one would spit water out from just one side, then suddenly switch to a different pattern.

Pat

Laura108
October 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies...What a weekned but the pay off is a beautiful day here in Virginia/North Carolina
I'm baking today I canned a few tomatoes this summer and found a recipe stuck in one of the old jars I found in the attic. It's for applesauce cake in a jar,you bake it right in the wide mouth pint jars and the cut fabric and decorate the jars...The recipe said it was soo good and fun to make then had a notetation in the side of it saying Today we had 17 inches of snow and the power is out, Opened a jar of applesauce cake and have never tasted anything so good...Went to bed with a full tummy finally :):)
So being the nostalgia woman that I am ...Im making it today. :icon_happy:
Suzi I am sorry about your nose and the rest of your bruised body. I think we are going to have to bubble wrap you :) but on a serious note please be careful ...always comes in waves.
Jan go easy today tackling the floor...I have to do mine too but I must be going thru my second childhood because I put on these big terry cloth socks I made ...dont laugh...put two on my hands and get down on my hands and knees ....crank the stereo to who let the dogs out LOL and laugh as Izzy barks along and the job gets done so much faster and funnier :icon_happy:
Lord help me if anyone decides to drop in unexpectly ...haha
I did buy the Adoring charm pack from Moda this weekend and have decided to make a dresden flower wall hanging and maybe a small table runner.
Patti I hope you have a great day at work...:)
Blondie enjoy your sister day ...I am so glad I have mine next door to me. We just found each other a few years back and plan on spending our retirement together. She is definitely the gift I needed in my life.
My memory is going again and someone asked for the link to the one seam geese tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0C_QL8Y&feature=related
I would of liked it better if it had of been Jenny demonstrating it but I have to say I made about 40 of the geese in less than 1/2 hour I did mine with a black background then green geese I have it almost put together for a christmas wall hanging. I have decided with my health right now im going little ...lol
when I start a quilt I get sick so ....not tempting fate anymore...I know bawk bawk...chicken I am lol
I'm also going to do an Apron from Jenny's tutuorials and embroider it ..."saying" Well behaved Women rarely make history" for my peskatarian..tree hugging..save the world...recycling..opinionated..19 year old ...haha
Have a great day all...hugs and love:icon_wave:

Laura108
October 11th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hello to all, Its good to hear from you this morning. Last night I pulled out my quilt pieces from a class I took five years ago that I never finished. Just as I started to pin them I remembered why I sew.... It brings me peace... Calm... Joy... Now that I have caught the quilt bug again I am so excited! I stopped because the stores do not offer quilt classes in my area. That being said I thought I was not capable of quilting alone until now, I found you all :icon_wave:.

Jan I usually pull out the swiffer just like patticakes mentioned because I have a very small kitchen and bathroom no need for a mop and bucket.
Blondie you are so sweet, You give us something cute to look at every morning.
Suzi I hope your nose is better .
Patticakes[/U][/U] thanks for the referral for the quilt patterns.
Laura I'd love to see what the one seam flying geese block looks like. I know how it is to get excited when working on a sewing project ... You just can't put it down. I hope you did get some sleep last night. I haven't for the last 2 weeks. I've been up until 1- 2am every morning then I wake up with a headache later. I'll catch up later with everyone.

I Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever you do.

Insomnia is awful ..I do find quilting helps alot and I have had to learn to take naps and listen to Jan and to my body. Not easy to do . Don't be afraid to check on line and see if one of us are on...Jan and I private message alot if we are both on the same time and for me it was so nice to know she was at the other end of the inbox :)
You tube can also be a great addicting thing...I am finding I put it on in the background when I dont have Blondies site up ...not only is she talented with graphics but beautiful taste in music :)
I have to tell you a cute story...Yesterday was 10-10-10 my sister and I went to the grocery store and outside the store was this man... a bit crazy with a sign saying "give me all your money" the world is ending at 10:10 pm and I want to be drunk." You couldn't help but giggle a little and I said ...I am not giving you all my money but if you tell me what you would like to eat I will get it for you in the store...He said "Rum balls for his insomnia....again I laughed and said your pretty silly. He said the whole world is having insomnia because of the gravitational pull on the earth and you know its true because you always wake up with a headache when the planet is being pulled. I kind of looked at my sister and my eyes got real wide because I always wake up with a headache after a bout of insomnia ...well I didn't buy him rum balls just a sub..chips and a drink ( non-alcoholic) and wished him a peaceful ending .....altho at 1010 pm I have to say I did pause just for a second ...haha
The moral of the story .....Tylenol Helps :)

sally
October 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM
[I have to tell you a cute story...Yesterday was 10-10-10 my sister and I went to the grocery store and outside the store was this man... a bit crazy with a sign saying "give me all your money" the world is ending at 10:10 pm and I want to be drunk." You couldn't help but giggle a little and I said ...I am not giving you all my money but if you tell me what you would like to eat I will get it for you in the store...He said "Rum balls for his insomnia....again I laughed and said your pretty silly. He said the whole world is having insomnia because of the gravitational pull on the earth and you know its true because you always wake up with a headache when the planet is being pulled. I kind of looked at my sister and my eyes got real wide because I always wake up with a headache after a bout of insomnia ...well I didn't buy him rum balls just a sub..chips and a drink ( non-alcoholic) and wished him a peaceful ending .....altho at 1010 pm I have to say I did pause just for a second ...haha
The moral of the story .....Tylenol Helps :)[/QUOTE]

Funny but weird. I woke up with a bad headache yesteday. Only exlaination I came up with is I often gets headaches when there is a change in the weather...barometric change. HMMM! Mind you it is now Monday and we are still all here.:icon_wave:
I ate too much yesterday...well back on plan today!
Blondie love the graphics! an I use a swifter when too lazy to mop but after yesterday with all the company ahd all the dogs...4 (seems my family likes to bring their pets ) oh well... I will need to mop!

Hugs everyone:icon_hug:

toggpine
October 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hello Ladies!
It's morning here on the left coast, but noon on the right. It's like time travel!

I did get my sweetie to help me put up the shelves in my sewing room. I now have 12 feet of horizontal storage space! Whoo Hoo! I already have one filled and the other will be taken care of after I finish morning chores.

Gotta get going here too. We have a busy day. Honey is back to his 4/10 hour day schedule. We are snack parents today at school and it is the little Miss's sharing day. Big fun for sure!

Have a great day doing your thing & I'll catch you all later!
Cathy

Pinky
October 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Funny story Sally. I would have given him something too, just for the original story! lol Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians today. And a Very Happy Monday to all the rest of you. :)
Pinky

janluna
October 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
My floors are too dirty for a Swiffer. I have 2 dogs, and a husband who refuses to take his shoes off at the door. lol Then there's the sunroom where my birds live. Birds are messy little creatures who think the clean floor is a new canvas for them to decorate. They are just doing what nature tells them to. They are reseeding the earth. It's a riot to watch but a chore to keep up with. I don't really mind though. They are terrific company for me and I love them to pieces. It sounds like everyone has had a busy weekend. If not an accident prone one. How are you Patti? Shelia?
I have to ask everyone, as this past week was fire prevention week, and I was a firefighter, to check your smoke alarms. We know Shelia's work. Thank the Good Lord!
If yours is not hard wired in, check your batteries. And by the way if yours are hard wired in, you should also have a battery operated one in case the lights go out. Ok now that I have done my duty as a firefighter, I'm gonna go work on my quilting homework.
Love you all, Jan :icon_wave: :icon_hug:

hillbilly
October 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM
HELLOOO!!!

I have missed you all, but not the computer too much!! I have been keeping up my blog world, but would you expect any less of me?? I did get exciting blog world news yesterday. If you are familiar with Stash Manicure, she has asked me to be a contributing blogger. My first for sure day will be Oct 30th, but maybe sooner.

I ordered that curves foot today as I had to get a 1/4" foot anyway, and there wasn't alot of price difference. I'll let you know how it works!

Blondie--I hope you've had a productive day with your sis as well as helping your husband!
Jan and Patti--I've been cleaning all day too. My husband is off work today, and I really like to clean when I can have a moment alone. I mop like pippi longstocking. Only I use cloth diapers instead of brushes.
Sew--what types of blocks are you making??
Pat--Good for you! Now come and help me figure out how to hang peg board on a cinder block wall!
Laura--baking and aprons...thats a good combo!
Sally--keep that tylenol handy. Glad you didn't give him rum!
Cathy--ready to buy more fabric for more shelves?
Pinky--happy Thanksgiving! What are you eating?

Blondie
October 11th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Everyone
Big wave here from NC. Actually Laura, you should join me in calling ourselves Virgilinians because we can shake hands across the state borders it seems. I used to sell a great homemade pickle relish in the days I did craft shows. I called it Aunt Virgilina's. No one ever figured out it me my own recipe, lol. Everyone thought I had some ancient old Auntie. Well I do but none named Virgilina.

A long day. When sis got here early, we ran across the street and spent some time trying to get draperies put back up at my mddle son's house. long story, too long and not happy, so I am skipping over that one.
Came home to hubs grunting over the bathroom plumbing. He didn't need me! Yippy. So sis and I went down, watched the Dexter from last evening, yakked a lot and I finished my Daddy's quasi lap quilt.It is in the wash at this moment. Will present it to him tomorrow.

Made hubs stuffed peppers for dinner and thawed out some terrific bread to go with it. I will share the recipe with you sometime. Sally, I think I already shared with you? Parmesan Bread. So yumalicious and EZ.
Ran down to the folks, washed their rotten terrier and their chichi and trudged back up home. Boy, am I POOPED.
My arthur is visiting my left hand - always makes me wonder why that one since I am right handed? I couldn't hold a thing in that hand if I tried to nite. I am typing this one handed, that is how tender the thumb and forefinger is.

Glad y'all like the graphics. They are fun to work on and fun to find.

Laura, Let us know how that applesauce cake in a jar is. 17 inches of snow? Wow - not bad for that area but it is a lot!
Jan, love the story ! It is one of those "happy sad" ones. God bless you for the good heart you have. I knew I loved ya for a reason.
Patti, hope your face is feeling better !
Lol'ing at hillbilly; I have been known to clean a floor like that more times than I care to admit. I have a house like Jan. And a hubs who won't take his shoes off. Gone are the days that I used to clean the floors on my hands and knees.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to our Canadian sister Quilters. Hope you ate like hogs and slept like logs afterwards.

Pat, you go girl ! Good for you for replacing a shower head. Now hurry down here to Carolina and help my hubs with our plumbing. I declare, I can do many things but fix plumbing is not on that list.

Good night, sweet sisters. Catch you on the sunny side.

janluna
October 11th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Good night everyone, Have a good evening and sweet dreams. Love to you all. Blondie, I'm not sure which story you are referring to. If its about the guy that said it would end at 10:10 That was Laura's story. She's the angel who took care of him and brought him food. I think there was a misunderstanding. Anyway credit should go where it belongs.
Love you all, Jan :icon_kiss: :icon_hug:

Laura108
October 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Well the Applesauce Cake in a Jar ...is a huge hit ended up making 10 pints but we had one for dinner just to try it. Its cute..amazing and delicious. Now to find more in the jar recipes that you can. They are going to look beautiful in baskets for Christmas. In fact I found a basket that was covered in chestnuts in a Christmas magazine and think I'm going to make one of them as a center piece for the table and put one of the jars of Applesauce cake in it with a few holiday candies.
Also found a recipe for Oatmeal Raisin cookies you make one day and bake the next..was actually very neat to make since you boil the raisins down and use the juice from that for that recipe. I also made chicken salad. Pumpkin cookies and dehydrated a few things besides doing some sewing and cleaning.
I am not over doing it tho I love the reward system I use...and seem to get more done haha..
Jan I hope you sleep well tonight and that tomorrow you find time for just you and relax and enjoy.
Also thank you I checked and our battery was dead in the smoke detector ...your wonderful ..for reminding me.
Blondie or should I say fellow Virgilinians..Pickle relish...hmm sounds good ..dill or sweet? Not sure I have ever had it. I do love chow chow tho is it like that?
Your day sounded hectic but fun with your sister. I want to say thank you also I used your site again today for music I just love some of the songs ....and find myself running the machine to the beat of the music or mixing batter to it lol
Seems we all have the shoes on ...men in our life. Boy my mom would holler if we took one step in lol
Hillbilly congrats on getting the curved foot let us know how it works...and congrats on being a guest contributor.
Cathy how exciting that your sewing room is coming together. Hope snack day was fun. :)
Pat I hope the new shower head is making you happy how cool you did it yourself. We women can really do anything. I might just change mine out...Mine is a hand held and keeps slipping out of the holder...
Sewsoft I hope you get to rest tonight...If I can't sleep I will keep checking on for you and you are more than welcome to write here ...its nice to wake up to messages.
Hope you had a great day at work Patti....and it wasn't a crazy day for you
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian girls.....:)
Well im off to make some yo-yo's and maybe try to sleep ...fingers crossed ..
hugs and love,
Laura

toggpine
October 12th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Ladies, It was a good day.
Daddy came with us to pre school and had a good time. The kids love it when the dads come.
Laura: Please share the Applesauce recipe. How fun that you found a note in the jar from so long ago. I have some recipes that have been handed down that are like that. I have copied them on to new cards for regular use, and the others are kept in the back for memories. I have to remember to make little notes on mine for my children & someday grands.
Pat: Great job on the DIY project. Us girls can do a lot more than we think we can. Well, probably because we read the directions, and then do what makes the most sense.
Tanya, I will NOT be buying anymore fabric. Once I post the photos of my sewing space before you will realize I have way too much fabric as it is. Speaking of which, I have some poly/cotton (broadcloth I think) in pale blue and mint green that I had intended to make into a reversible sundress for my daughter, about two years ago. I'll get the exact yardage and a photo of the fabric so you can see the colors. It is up for adoption with some other bits of poly blend broadcloth I bought 'cause I wasn't paying attention to the tags on the bolt. They don't play so nice with the cottons when you put a hot iron to them, and I never remember they are different until it is too late.
I shall label the last few bins and then hit the hay with the rest of the house. I hope you all with the bad cases of the "Stay Awakes" get some rest.
I love keeping in touch with you gals this way. I actually check here first now instead of the daily deal!
Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Sweet dreams!
Cathy