PDA

View Full Version : I said it once, now I need to keep saying it....

Divine Daisy
November 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
I said.......wait for it............I said no!!

I didn't say 'I don't think I can' or 'I am sorry, I don't have time' or 'I would love to but.....' I said non of that...... I said 'I don't want to do that'!!!

My mother in law has for 20 years been involved in a theater group doing costumes. This year is a pantomime starting just after Christmas. The panto is Sleeping Beauty and there are so many costumes it is a lot of work. In the past when she has been pushed I have helped out, usually with the more arty farty costumes which she struggles with. Anyway the group has taken for granted that a) she will manage the costumes no matter how many there are and without a realistic budget and that if she is struggling that I will chip in. Well! Not this time. Nope. Nada. I don't want to!!

I feel bad for my mother in law but I am refusing to feel guilty. When Jean was going through her costume drama I was remembering how awful it is sometimes............. lets be honest here..... it is often awful. That reminder did me good and when this phone call came I was able to be strong. So this time they will have to get MIL some PAID help and bloody well get on with it.

Whispers..........I have told her I will make the fancy Beauty's costumes for her but the group won't know. To help her is one thing but as for the rest...... they just take advantage. So don't tell them will you?

Sandy Navas
November 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Another of the many, many reasons we all love you so very much!

Stick to your Guns, Annie Oakley!

Swedish leo
November 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Good for you! Hope that all is as well as it can be! Take care!

Winniesfriend
November 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Stay Strong, your have your priorities and that is not making costumes.

promqueen
November 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hi - Good for you!! Standing up for yourself and saying what you really feel is such a stress reliever!!! I love it!!! Hugs to you!!! Mary Ann

Bailey65
November 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Sometimes you just have to think of yourself because nobody else does. I know that sounds arrogant but sometimes people take advantage of others and it's just not right.

New York Sue
November 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
You handled it perfectly! Offering to do a costume was lending a hand, yet not getting totally embedded...
You really have enough on your plate Miss Daisy....
It wasn't that hard, now was it?
Now give yourself a pat on the back! ;)
And MUMS the word...lol

Blondie
November 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Good for you and from the sounds of it, good for your MIL. Glad that you added such a useful word to your vocabulary.
Thinking of you and Mr. D. -

bopeep
November 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
You Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stick to your guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be Blessed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bopeep

K. McEuen
November 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
You have good reason to say no anyway. Don't you have vacation plans for sometime in January?

bkthomas
November 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Good for you!!! How's Seamus? God Bless You and Mr. D!

MRoy
November 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Way to go and good for you Daisy! Keeping you and Mr. D in my thoughts and prayers.

auntiemern
November 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
So glad you finally learned how to say that word. Now stick to your guns. It get's easier to use it after the first time :)

toggpine
November 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
NO MORE COSTUMES!!!!!

Good for you! After this last round with Jean and my own struggle with Em's dinosaur, I say no more for all of us!
We are here to back you up Daisy! It is nice that you agreed to help MIL on the sly though. Then she'll realize that it's the theatre Co that you are saying no to and not her. She shouldn't be dumped on either.

You have enough on your plate that is for sure!
Hugs, Cathy

Jess1377
November 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Ohhh!!! That is such a hard word to say isnt it?!? I think we all learn that we have to say that word the hard way eventually. Good for you!

Musical_Starling
November 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Yay Daisy!!!!

Now can you teach me? lol

lilmouse
November 3rd, 2012, 01:03 AM
Lilmouse giving Ms. Daisy a well deserved pat on the back....hugs to you and Mr. D. and Seamus.....love you all and take care and keep us posted...haven't heard much from you lately and I get a little concerned! Remember...the word is "NO!"

Jean Sewing Machine
November 3rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Good for you! Now teach me to say that word! I believe I an already booked solid for 2013, so it will have to wait for another year before I can test my will power! You have so much on your plate now, but I know you, when the creative juices flow, you've got to create! That dress sounds like fun to do. I would like a costume job where I get to do 1 outstanding dress, not 35 or 150 !

Monique
November 3rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Good for you. Hugs to you and Mr. D. How is he doing?

BellasQuilts
November 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Good on you! No can be a very handy word!