PDA

View Full Version : All Saintsday yesterday

mamaquilt
November 2nd, 2012, 06:58 AM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday we celebrated All Saintsday here in Luxembourg. I like that day, since the families are meeting at the cementary and you get to meet friends and families you might not have seen for a whole year.

After that usually the familiesgo to somebody's place for some drinks and food. Being the oldest child of our tribe we had a lovely evening after visiting my mom's grave and that of our grandparents.

That's when I also took this picture I want to share with you. Laura, our DGD and Charel DGS, in one picture. That is rare, since Laura doesn't want to be in pictures. There you see 13 years apart.

Tomorrow will be a fun day too for me, as I'll be going to Wiesbaden in Germany, on the "Kreativa", which is a fair with all the news on everything creative. I'm really looking forward to it. So there might be some pictures on the forum. That is if I don't forget to upload the camera.

Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Blondie
November 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Michele, your grands are so lovely. Little Charel is sure to be spoiled rotten by his big sis.
Enjoy your trip to Germany.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Michele, I love your mention of the celebration of All Saints Day in Luxemborg. Many of my Spanish students celebrate it much in the manner that you celebrate, Dios de los Muertos, where the families meet in the cemetery, honor their dead ancestors by decorating the graves, and sharing food and drink. Seems we just go to Mass here in the U.S, and that's it. When I was principal of a small school connected to a parish that had its own cemetery, our pastor did something similar. The children dressed as saints, went to Mass, then went to the cemetery to place flowers and art work on the graves. It was very nice, wish we did that all the time.

Happy All Souls Day, we called this the day to celebrate the little saints, those who led good lives and we feel confident who were in heaven. No real celebrations planned, just a remembrance day.

Lenie
November 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Michèle, what lovely grandchildren you have! Enjoy the Kreativia, and please, tell us all about it when you're back!!

Sandy Navas
November 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Love your picture. Charel is such a handsome young man. I sure hope big sister enjoys helping him through his baby years.

mamaquilt
November 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Michele, your grands are so lovely. Little Charel is sure to be spoiled rotten by his big sis.
Enjoy your trip to Germany.

thanks for the lovely comment, our grands are cousins, that's why it is also difficult to get both of them in one picture.

mamaquilt
November 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Love your picture. Charel is such a handsome young man. I sure hope big sister enjoys helping him through his baby years.

thanks for the nice comment. Our grands are cousins, that's why it is difficult to get them in one picture.

HandsOffItsMine
November 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
They are lovely grandchildren for sure. I'm still like Laura, don't like to be in front of the camera, just behind it. She is such a cute teen, you can tell her that I said so! :)

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures please to share with us.

Huggers, Ruby

auntiemern
November 2nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
What beautiful grand children. Like Ruby, and Laura, I do not like having my pic taken. Not photogenic at all. Have a wonderful and safe trip.