PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thursday - Welcome to November

Blondie
November 1st, 2012, 06:09 AM

Brrrr, it's a cold and frosty morning here for me, Folksies! I heard on the news that the Great Smokey Mtns got another two foot of snow. Good grief. I am not saying that it is that cold here; obviously not but we did get a freeze. I think I only left a few plants outside that I am hoping won't bite the bullet. Dragging them in every year is making me wonder if I really want to keep these pretty things that give me such satisfaction. hmmm. I ain't ready to give up on gardening - indoors or out - yet. Just need to find a good place to keep them all happy. Sigh. As women, do you ever find yourself in the always trying to make someone or two or three happy? Yep, I won that t shirt eons ago and guess what? I must have a drawer full of them from years past. I do enjoy my green babies.

Okay, so it is November 1st. That means last night for the majority of this country little munchkins dressed up for trick or treat. Many just do "trunk or treat" in church/school parking lots these day and some still have fun in suburbs - care to share any pics with us?

I want to throw a reminder out there to all the Secret Santa Buddies - get your sleigh in gear and oiled up. Give the reindeer some extra goodies to munch on while you are finishing up your parcel. Internationals should have theirs in the mail within the next week. The rest of you can start mailing anytime you want with the last mail off date being the first of December.

Still praying for those hardest hit by that storm. It is so very tragic.

so, go ahead and SMILE!!!!!

lilmouse
November 1st, 2012, 07:37 AM
Morning Blondie, I just keep on praying...hoping we will hear soon from our forum friends who haven't check in yet....Steve luckily has been west of all of it...I am so glad he changed companies or he could have been smack dab in the middle of it! Selfish of me I know, but thankful none the less. Will be going to bed soon, his sister evidently didn't need a ride to work or I would have heard by now...which means I can get some sleep myself. Have been keeping busy though...stitching away!
Will continue to pray for all those in need...hugs to everyone....I am going to bed....

Lisaau
November 1st, 2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Mouse and blondie ..l'm here alot but you just dont hear from me.....as its hard to type at the moment with a numb right hand and arm.......and my hand is often weak ....hope everyone is doing well ........Lisa

MRoy
November 1st, 2012, 07:50 AM
Good morning! Blondie I have a few of those "pleased to please" tee shirts too. I haven't earned as many in latter years...maybe I'm getting more ornery as I age! We didn't have any trick or treaters last night. That's two years in a row so I'm thinking my days of giving treats to spooks are over. I love to see the kids but I'll be glad not to have leftover candy around to tempt me.
Wishing everyone a great Nov 1...can you believe it's already November?

Bubby
November 1st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Good Morning,

Happy November....so you realize that Christmas is next month!! Please don't throw things at me unless it's fat quarters!!

Thanks for the reminder, Blondie. I will get my package in the mail tomorrow. I still want to make a table runner to hopefully stuff into her box. This has been a fun project.

I got nothing done yesterday other than grocery shopping and phone calls. Today I WILL clean the TV room and whatever else I can squeeze into this day.

My best wishes and prayers are with everyone touched by Sandy. Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
November 1st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Good morning...

Well another day has started at work....lot's to do today. I can't believe it's November already...time to start the holiday cleaning & planning. Need to be getting my package finished up for my SSS in the next couple of weeks.

When I get home today I'll probably spend most of the evening working on my DD's quilt - going slow with all the decorative stitching on it. Maybe she'll have the quilt before winter is over :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful day....prayers and hugs for all. Extra prayers being said for our east coast friends that we haven't heard from.

bkthomas
November 1st, 2012, 08:12 AM
Hi Mouse and blondie ..l'm here alot but you just dont hear from me.....as its hard to type at the moment with a numb right hand and arm.......and my hand is often weak ....hope everyone is doing well ........Lisa

Lisa, it is good to hear from you - I have been thinking about you - be well my little friend from down under!
Everyone, have a Happy Sunshiny Day!!!!

Monique
November 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone. I was up at 2 this morning but did manage to get back to sleep around 4. JEEZ!! We had about 24 little ones here last night. They were so cute.

I had an appointment with a dietician yesterday. She told me I was obese. YA THINK!! Now what I have to do is cut out FAT!! So starting this whole new way of eating. My eating is not that bad as hubby is diabetic but I still have work to do. We will see how I do in the next month.

I have no idea what today will bring. Usually if I plan something it all falls into the water anyway. So I will just wing it.

Have a wonderful start to the month, friends.

lilmouse
November 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM
Lisa, good to hear from you...hope you feel better soon...will continue to pray for you!

CrazyMtnLady
November 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Good morning all! Quite nippy this morning but I am sure it is going to warm to another glorious day here in the Ozarks with temps close to 70. Yesterday was beautiful. Spent some time outside just admiring the sunshine and "playing" with the dogs. They decided they wanted to play Hide 'n Seek and it took me forever to find where they had run off too! DH has mowed a few paths around the property and TarButt gets it in her head that she NEEDS to explore them and Gator just naturally has to follow. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't know what is on the agenda today. I want to get some sewing done. But we still haven't been to town. It is really bad when neither one of us want to get off the mountain! I swear we both could be hermits here and never leave if we had a milk cow and some chickens for eggs we could stay here for a long time! But today we know we have to get to town because the refrigerator cow dried up! LOL! Plus I need to buy some popcorn so I can pop some to watch the Country Music Awards tonight and watch my man Blake Shelton and my girl Miranda Lambert/Shelton win awards :)

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM

Hey, Hon - I've missed all about your hand - although I can understand why you may be having problems. Certainly hope it wasn't some type of injury as you certainly don't need that. Anyway, follow orders, take care of yourself and get that righty going again - after all you may just find someone who needs a sudden right one to the jaw! Wouldn't want to miss that chance.

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Does anyone realize that no matter how good leftover tuna noodle casserole tastes for breakfast, it doesn't necessarily settle too well with coffee?

Sewing again today. Sure fussing with my embroidery machine sewing out lettering. The top looks absolutely perfect. The bottom is a nest. Not a big bad wolfie nest, but a nest anyway. I've done EVERY thing! All the recommendations from my trouble-shooting guide, my dealer, on-line suggestions. It is so strange because all my other embroidery work is great - it's only on the lettering.

No TorTers here last night. Al and I took oldest DGD to work, went out for dinner, picked her up and got to see the other kids in the dark in costume. They were rushing out when we picked up DGD so we didn't get pictures. After all their excitement I'll just bet I can get them to put their costumes back on for a photo op.

I am still anxious about so many of our east coast friends - Al has a friend who lives in New Jersey and they are still without power - so I'm thinking perhaps May is in the same area. It is so difficult to comprehend the extent of the damages and some of the stories coming out. Continued prayers.

dwil23
November 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
Yes, November first and Christmas is closing in on us. The elections are a few days away and at work at the post office the overtime will slow down a bit before Christmas hits us shortly. I cringe when I think of all the quilts I need to start and finish before that happens. I'm off today and had not planned on leaving the house, but DD just asked me to go and get her some Coke Zero - or crack zero as we refer to it around here -you really don't want to be around her without it. Went out to dinner last night - it was my oldest DD 30th birthday. How time flies. Hope everyone has a nice day - off to the store so I can get back and Quilt!

alliek
November 1st, 2012, 12:44 PM
Lisa good to hear from you! Prayers and hugs for you. Frosty windy morning in southside VA, but I love it! Went to our church "Trunk or Treat" last night. Had a BALL! The kids came by the hundred's, all with adults, thank God. Some families dressed up also. Such great imaginations, the little one's are so sweet. The kids big and small were all great, good manners no pushing or whatever. I enjoy this so much each year. We had two trick or treater's at our door which is 50% more than last year LOL. Into November we go. Looking forward to seeing my family at Thanksgiving. We have much to be thankful for. Each day I pray for those without and now those who lost so much in this storm. God Bless us one and all.

Lonna
November 1st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Good Morning All, and a lovely November first it is here in South Eastern Louisiana. Just finished taking care of all my credit card payments here at work. The office door is open letting in all the wonderful fresh air. Blue skys and not a cloud in sight hard to think that others are in the mist of chaos. But I have been in their shoes after Katrina by heart breaks for them. Hope we soon hear from out missing quilting sisters. Well Ladies it is my busy day of the month so back to work I need to get. Have a great day all.

shannonsaulter
November 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Good Morning,
Glad to say its sunny and beautiful here in my neck of the country...Had lots of ghosts and goblins last night and now the countdown begins..53 days til Christmas...My fav Holiday..my decorations go up my 1st days off after Thanksgiving and I am sooooo very excited...not doing alot for Christmas this year..kids are happier with cash or gift cards and I have to work..do plan on booking our trip to Ireland for summer time so thats everyones gift...but I love decorating...my DH makes me wait til Thanksgiving is over but he knows it will be elf time very soon...lol...enjoying my last day off gonna work on some quilting and wait for the heater man to fix our 2 downstairs wall heaters they both need new pilot loghts thank goodness for the home warranty it will only cost $55...
Have a great day all!!!

auntiemern
November 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Finally getting to daily hello's. Tooth had me stressed today so took a hydrocodone and went to bed. I must say my DGK's looked adorable last night. Bubby wanted nothing to do with getting dressed up. After much fit throwing we did manage to get part of a pirate costume on him. No pics of him though, These are my DGD's Brianna is a hippie, and youngest, Mackenzie was a zombie bride.

bopeep
November 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
Hi &Happy November.........It has been cool and windy here today too..........I like it the cool weather.....and am looking forward to Thanksgiving.......
bopeep

Granny Judy
November 1st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Darn, I forgot to push the button to post ... so my last one got lost.. Sorry, still a bit under the weather. Had a week long episode of GERD problems. Medications cause me more problems than the disease. Anyhow wishing everyone a great day and better week end. Prayers and Hugs to all who are needing them. I know there are many on the East Coast that can say AMEN to that.