PDA

View Full Version : A Run of Bad Luck

auntiemern
October 31st, 2012, 02:25 PM
The last 3 weeks have just been terrible. First the craft show was a bust, , then got very ill with bronchitis/pneumonia, DH cut the heck out of his finger, and now I broke tooth and had to have t pulled. Things have got to start getting better, or I am going to bed and refuse to get out. Seriously, nerves are frazzled, and just don't know how much more BS I can take. Ok done ranting. I know there are many out there with worse probs than mine, Still praying for our friends affected by the storm.

cyndiofthevortex
October 31st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Marilyn, I am truly so sorry that things have been so hard for you lately. It is terrible when things come one after the other, or right on top of each other. You are a strong person and I know you have lots of friends here who will pray for you and be a support to you, including me. Keep us in the loop so we know how to pray for you.

bakermom
October 31st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Oh it does seem to go that way at times. Hope things turnaround for you

Jean Sewing Machine
October 31st, 2012, 03:00 PM
So sorry to hear this! You certainly have had your share! Hope the tooth will heal well and quickly and not give you trouble in the future.

promqueen
October 31st, 2012, 03:18 PM
Feeling bad for you; I hate to see people suffer and one right after the other!!?? It's gotta be over soon......Gee whiz!!! You're in my prayers and thoughts and keep us posted. Oh, almost forgot, take a nap too!! Hugs......Mary Ann

HandsOffItsMine
October 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM
(((Marilyn))) I wish I could come over and give you a giant hug, bring you my home made Dutch Pea Soup and chat for a while.

Prayers that you heal quickly and things turn around. I'm with you, the silverlining is just around the corner DF!

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Swedish leo
October 31st, 2012, 03:27 PM
I am sorry to hear this but i can relate to how you feel. I wooke up for a year about one morning and had bite of a thoth. The whole thoth . And i am terrible afraid of the dentist.

It will eventually turn and the luck will change.

Hugs for you in the meanwhile!

Annika

bec
October 31st, 2012, 04:22 PM
Goodness! Hope your streak of bad luck ends soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

shannonsaulter
October 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Isn't that always how it goes..that's just horrible...and here you are helping those of us that need it ..
Thanks for all your help and find the sunshine and your smile things will get better

Musical_Starling
October 31st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Sounds like you're having my kind of luck :( Earlier this year I broke a tooth on a friday evening, couldn't get in to see the dentist until Monday so I just started chewing on the other side for the rest of the weekend. Well Saturday afternoon I broke a tooth on THAT side too! And less than 6 months after having all four wisdom teeth removed. Still don't have the second tooth repaired because I can't lay back in the chair with my asthma flaring up. Really makes you want to scream sometimes. I hope your luck turns around soon!

Blondie
October 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hugs to you, dear sister. I hate these seasons in our lives. You are not alone.

The last 3 weeks have just been terrible. First the craft show was a bust, , then got very ill with bronchitis/pneumonia, DH cut the heck out of his finger, and now I broke tooth and had to have t pulled. Things have got to start getting better, or I am going to bed and refuse to get out. Seriously, nerves are frazzled, and just don't know how much more BS I can take. Ok done ranting. I know there are many out there with worse probs than mine, Still praying for our friends affected by the storm.

Winniesfriend
October 31st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Sending BIG HUGS, it can only get better from here, keep your chin up.

Sandy Navas
October 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Threes, they come in threes, Marilyn - so it sounds as if you are onto your last (I hope). Watch out for dear hubby though.

Hugs and prayers.

Bubby
October 31st, 2012, 07:15 PM
Marilyn....I hope things get back on a positive note real soon...I'm praying for you. It seems like it comes in bunches...at least it does for us. Hugs, Barb

NanaB
October 31st, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hoping things turn around for you soon. Since things sometime come in threes, maybe you're at the end of the bad luck. Hope so. HUGS!

chy
October 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Get It All Out, Vent away, I know it helps just to voice it and then start the process of recover.

Monique
October 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM
I hope things get better for you soon.

bopeep
October 31st, 2012, 09:09 PM
Marilyn....sorry you have been going through all this.....sometimes things just snowball...and it seems to get the best of us.........just know You are in My PRAYERS !!!!!!
HUGS & PRAYERS
bopeep

New York Sue
October 31st, 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm venturing to guess things will improve fast, Marilyn.
I was expecting the absolute worse with Hurricane Sandy. People in surrounding communities, (heck a couple of blocks over!) are without power and we were unscathed. Life sure can be strange.
SH*tty couple of days. Just brush yourself off, and just be Marilyn!
It works. Trust me. ;)

K. McEuen
November 1st, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hope you are feeling better by now. Seriously, being sick just bites.

As for the tooth, it always happens at the most inconvenient time possible - weekends, holidays, when you are traveling, etc. A couple weeks ago I sneezed and the gold crown off my back molar shot across the room like a bullet. Luckily I was able to find it and since it was covering a tooth that had a root canal I went and bought some crown cement and reseated it on my tooth. Honestly it fits better now than it ever had. I couldn't see paying $150.00+ to have a dentist glue it back in place.

bkthomas
November 1st, 2012, 02:38 AM
Awwww....Poor Marilyn!!! Does that help? I hope so, it was meant to. You have my sympathies Dear Friend!

janluna
November 1st, 2012, 01:23 PM
Marilyn, I'm so sorry. I'll say prayers for you to have a better time of it. Life does have a way of getting in the way. God bless you and may the rest of you're year go better. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.