PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Greetings -Can we get a head count?

Blondie
October 30th, 2012, 06:16 AM

Hello Folksies!

I have had a long rough night of tossing and turning. I got up and stitched a bit while I thought of my friends and family and prayed. We had terrible wind, some rain but nothing like what I know was happening elsewhere. We are still in for it today a bit. Please let us know how you are! I am certain that many have power loss. And as with us, the aftermath of continuing rain and wind will be with you as well. Snow fell all around us and in great white heaps. I am certain our Deb from Malaga who moved to W Va has a big snow fall. And don't we have a member from Roanoke or the New River Valley area? Oy, what an eye opener this has been.

I really need to read and see who has posted what - Prayers and much love to each of my sisters and brothers here that have been affected. Hoping that it doesn't hit Canada,

And to those in the rest of the country I am certain you are either
A. sick of the coverage B. worried sick over friends and relations on the East Coast.

buckeyequilter
October 30th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Been up for a little while...watching the news. Praying that all our friends and their families are safe this morning.

I can hear the wind blowing and just looked outside - we don't have any snow out there yet. Our forecast is showing some snow.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Monique
October 30th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Good morning Blondie and Shirley.

All is good here. We did get wind and rain last night. Power flickered briefly. That's it.

As I am watching the news, I can only hope that all of you in the path of Sandy are safe. I just can not believe what I have seen so far. I am keeping all of you in my prayers today.

sewbizzy
October 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone...lots of rain and winds here in Pittsburgh, but not what we were expecting here in our area...most schools are closed or have a delay this morning...Halloween trick or treating has been moved to Saturday night here also for the kiddies...also watching the news and praying for everyone that is affected...Hugs and Blessings to all!!!

aliaslaceygreen
October 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM
There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid.

Sounding a bit like Sandy....
We are good. Still raining in central Va, but nothing that we haven't dealt with. Power never went out...DH drove in from Dayton, OH last night, and said it was a pretty rocky ride, and that they made a lot of adjustments avoiding the white weather, but couldn't miss the rain and wind.

But the north east... home. Wow.... some of the photos are heart-wrenching... hoping it all subsides soon so that people can begin to recover...

Lonna
October 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Good Morning all,

Just a quick check in this morning running a little behind this morning. Just now getting the tv on to see the news so far I have seen a lot of flooding and sharks swimming in strange places. Take care my friends. Prayers still being lifted for our east coast friends.

lilmouse
October 30th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Here it is windy and cold.....but that's it....have checked on the news off and on all night...worried about all the forum people who live out that way.....friend is caught in his big rig in the snow storm in Tennessee! Steve so far is out of it other than windy and rainy! Keeping those prayers going up...hope everyone is all right!

Shirley
October 30th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Thought about you Blondie and all of our quilting friends. Hope everyone is safe. Prayers to all of you.

Loonwatcher
October 30th, 2012, 09:08 AM
A big non-event at my house. Most schools are closed and many in VT lost power (but not us). Still expecting more winds and rain today and probably rainy all week.

My heart and good energy goes out to all those in the severely hit areas. We were lucky. And, after Irene last year, were very prepared too.

Take care everyone,

EnumclawGramma
October 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Good Morning ladies. I have lots of family on the East coast and have heard from all last night. Hope this morning brings that same good news. Praying for all affected by this.

Sandy Navas
October 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
All I can say is WOW. And TAKE CARE. And BE SAFE.

Heard last night that the impact had 'slowed'??? If that is so, I don't want to try to imagine what it could have been.

Continued prayers for safety for all.

quilter.martha
October 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Morning all! We rode out the storm OK. Lost power at 5:15 yesterday afternoon and haven't gotten it back yet. I'm at work using their computers. It was pretty windy, much more so than I had expected. Don't know how much rain we got but parts of the state got 4-5 inches. Here it was probably 2-3. Wind was definitely the worst part for us. Downed trees made it very difficult to get to work. Had to go way out of my way.

Prayers for those who REALLY got hit hard--NJ, NY and PA seem to be the worst from what I can gather. And, hopefully the worst is over for all.

CrazyMtnLady
October 30th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Morning to all. I have been up a while, saying my prayers that all of my quilting friends and their families are safe this morning. I have a daughter near Ithaca, NY so I am sure she has had a bit of nasty weather come her way. I have not heard from her in a while, but then my daughters don't have much to do with me. I am such a horrible person.

Started cutting fabric for another baby quilt, I thought I had bought all colors I needed for the piano key border but I am missing 2 so, now I have to wait to get to town to get the last 2 colors I need. Bummer.

Morning is on the chilly side here but suppose to get into the 60s everyday for the rest of the week. ;)

Stay safe everyone. Hugs and prayers to all.

quiltingtrish
October 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I feel like Horton. I'm here!! I'm here!!
1.3 million without power just across PA. Fortunately we only lost ours twice for about 20 minutes each time yesterday. There are 150 roads closed and I hear that the eye of Sandy is over Chambersburg (about 2 hours southwest of Harrisburg). I was exhausted last night I think due to the worrying. All the kiddos were in before dark so that was a blessing. I layed down at 7 last night for 2 hours - got up and called my Dad who was ok and then headed back in to bed until 8 this morning.
Prayers still coming for those without power, those that can't let us know they are ok, and those areas that still have flood waters rising. They say that can continue all week. We had yesterday and today off school and they are posting 2 hour delays for tomorrow at some schools.
Hugs,!

meemeecyn
October 30th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Ditto to Martha's post, except thankfully we did not lose power. It could have been so much worse so we feel blessed. Daughter and family who live more in the country hadn't lost power by 8, but haven't heard from her yet. They had flickering lights so may be over later for hot showers if they lost power during the night. :)

Prayers go out to all who were hit hard. Mother Nature is a powerful thing!

have a great day everyone.
Cynthia

bakermom
October 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
We lost power for about 30 minutes last night. My boss almost called to say don't come in but then power came on. we worked all night waiting for it to go again but it stayed on. The wind picked up fierce about 3 a.m. Still windy with a steady rain. no schools are open in the county today, iffy for tomorrow. DH is home till tomorrow. his company sent everyone home yesterday as a precaution.

shannonsaulter
October 30th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone gald seem most are ok and have power..just shows what mother nature is capable of...some of the pics are just unbelievable...
Its my Friday...YAY
Have a good one everyone..thinking about those still dealing with the storm be safe!

cyndiofthevortex
October 30th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Boy am I glad that's over! I know it is just the beginning of the clean-up for many. What a mess this storm has left. Many lives have been forever changed.

I spent yesterday worrying, praying and sewing, watching the wind whip the trees limbs around outside the windows where I iron and sew. Not a bird anywhere in sight. I wonder where they go in a storm like this? I put together a pieced quilt back that is so pretty I am going to use it as a quilt front. It's all bubble gum pinks and apple greens. Even DD loves it and those are not her colors at all! So I kept busy and am today exhausted from the stress of yesterday, wondering how bad it was going to get. Note to self: worrying does not help or change a single thing.

auntiemern
October 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
So glad to hear from some of our eastern friends. Just about sick with worry for those we haven't heard from. Prayers continually for those affected, or not heard from yet.

Patrice
October 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Deb posted on FB power was out for awhile, had strong winds last night and snow. All is good. Family in NJ is ok too