PDA

View Full Version : Update on Betsy

SummerK
October 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
We spent the weekend in Indy with Betsy. The peace of the Lord was definitely on us while we were traveling. I don't think we've ever had such a stress-less trip, even when we got turned around downtown...it was fun and the girls really enjoyed seeing it all.

Betsy is doing well. She's eating well and sat up in a chair yesterday for a couple of hours! She's still suffering with a terrible headache between doses of meds. We were there during an episode yesterday and it broke my heart to see her hurting. She panics a little when the headaches start because she aneurisms that haven't been fixed yet. She worries that one of them will burst.

She's also very lonely. The hospital will not allow my FIL to stay with her, so he is commuting every day because the 2 hour drive (each way) is still cheaper than a hotel room. I worry about him driving every day, so please keep him in your prayers as well. I haven't talked to the hubby yet, but I may volunteer the girls and I to go with my FIL again this week to keep him company.

I cannot thank you all enough for praying. We could feel them this weekend. I ask that you would continue to pray for Betsy and Bob.

*hugs to you all*

Jean Sewing Machine
October 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Prayers for you all!

bec
October 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I'm glad that Betsy is doing well. I hope they get those aneurisms fixed soon so that she doesn't have to live with the fear of one bursting. I'll remember her in prayer, as well as your FIL. Take care of yourself as well. (Hugs)

SuzyQue
October 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Prayers said. May Betsy find a pain free state and may Bob have safe travels. May all of this be past you soon!

janluna
October 29th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Summer, Our hearts and prayers are with Betsy and Bob as well as the rest of your family. Having had a sub-arachnoid hemorrhage myself, my heart goes out to Betsy. I have never been as sick as I was with that. It is very painful, and takes a while to get back on your feet from one. So I will pray for her to be healed from this. It is very scary every time I get a headache, because I just do not want to be that sick again. God Bless, Hugs, Jan L.

buckeyequilter
October 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm glad to hear that she is doing better. Continued prayers for her and the family.

Lindagie
October 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Will keep the prayers coming for all of you. Hard to believe the hospital won't allow your FIL to stay there with her.

lilmouse
October 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Prayers going out for everyone involoved.....!

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Keeping the prayers going . . . wishing safety to all and healing for Betsy.

shannonsaulter
October 29th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Prayers being sai for your family...

auntiemern
October 29th, 2012, 02:53 PM
sorry hun, but that is not right that they won't let him stay. I have spent the night in every hospital my mom was ever in. If she is ICU, there may be a waiting room with a sofa, or possibly fold out chairs that he could sleep in. Might not be his style to throw a fit, but I know I would. That is just to far to have to commute daily. Also check out some of the motels and hotels, some of them near hospitals have discounted rates for peeps who have family in hosp. Prayers continuing for Betsy and all of you.
We spent the weekend in Indy with Betsy. The peace of the Lord was definitely on us while we were traveling. I don't think we've ever had such a stress-less trip, even when we got turned around downtown...it was fun and the girls really enjoyed seeing it all.

Betsy is doing well. She's eating well and sat up in a chair yesterday for a couple of hours! She's still suffering with a terrible headache between doses of meds. We were there during an episode yesterday and it broke my heart to see her hurting. She panics a little when the headaches start because she aneurisms that haven't been fixed yet. She worries that one of them will burst.

She's also very lonely. The hospital will not allow my FIL to stay with her, so he is commuting every day because the 2 hour drive (each way) is still cheaper than a hotel room. I worry about him driving every day, so please keep him in your prayers as well. I haven't talked to the hubby yet, but I may volunteer the girls and I to go with my FIL again this week to keep him company.

I cannot thank you all enough for praying. We could feel them this weekend. I ask that you would continue to pray for Betsy and Bob.

*hugs to you all*

CrazyMtnLady
October 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Prayers to you and your family.

Winniesfriend
October 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Sending hugs and prayers.

MRoy
October 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Prayers for Betsy, Bob, and your family.

meemeecyn
October 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Sorry you and your family have to be going through this. It sounds like you and your girls are a great support to them! We are praying she finds comfort.
Cynthia

Musical_Starling
October 30th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Continued prayers from here as well. I agree that it's horrible he cannot stay with her :( Our local hospital has a "hostel" within the hospital for family members of sick patients. It's filled up a lot of the time, but there are also discounted rates at hotels in the area and there's an apartment building in town that offers discounted weekly rates too.