PDA

View Full Version : If You Are Anti Hunting Do Not Read

auntiemern
October 28th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I am not sure how some of the folks on here feel about hunting, but my DH and step children hunt. It is bow season here in Missouri, and this is what my step son Ben got yesterday, on post, at Ft. Leonard Wood. Very proud of him.

Musical_Starling
October 28th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I myself don't hunt, but moose hunting is HUGE here on the island, and I loves me a good feed o'moose! lol We also have caribou, but the caribou hunt is much bigger in Labrador than it is on the island portion of the province.

Looks like your step son did good! Awful skinny moose though... :icon_giggle:

BellasQuilts
October 28th, 2012, 11:50 PM
My SIL would drool over that one! Nice buck.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 28th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I didn't hunt when I lived out in the country, but all my neghbors did! So on the first day of firearms season, I didn't go outside! One year a wounded deer ended up in our yard, it had a broken leg. We didn't know what to do with it. The conservation guys had their hands full checking in deer that had been shot, so they couldn't come to help us. We had a lake, and that deer jumped into the water and could swim just fine! Guess it was hydrotherapy because by the time she got to the other side of the lake she could run just fine!

Good job with the bow!, bow hunting is quite the sport, you have to have talent to get a deer by bow hunting! Congratulations!

bakermom
October 29th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Nice buck! My DH would be jealous too.

quilter.martha
October 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
My DH doesn't bow hunt, but this Saturday beings muzzle loader season. He'll be gone the entire day, which means I get the day to do what I want with!

Monique
October 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hubby used to hunt. They weigh them here next door so I have seen my fair share.

Bubby
October 29th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Nice buck! Ft Wood is practically in our back 40!!

MRoy
October 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM
That's a nice buck! Congrats to your step-son.

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Me does like me some venison sausage . . .

CrazyMtnLady
October 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Nice buck! I don't bow hunt but I do gun hunt and am looking forward to hunting season. I will have to show my DH this picture he will be jealous. Since we lost our big 18 point buck we had on the trail camera to the Blue Tongue disease this summer DH has kind of had the wind taken out of his sails. Luckily we had another nice buck 8 or 10 points on the trail cam the other day.