PDA

View Full Version : Good Sunday morning everyone!!

Monique
October 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Sunday indeed. A day of rest? I have been up since about 5:18 this morning. Turned the news on and say that there was an earthquake on the coast of BC and that there were tsunami warnings for Hawaii. My first thought was RUBY and DON. I did see a post on Facebook from Ruby not too long ago. All was ok for now. That was good news to hear. I hope all of you, who are bracing for Hurricane Sandy, are staying safe.

Hubby and I went to an auction sale yesterday. Did not get anything. There is another one next week that is supposed to have a lot of new fabric. May need to check that one out.

Today, I really need to move my tail. I need to get over the slump I am having. JEEZ Louise. I just bought the course from Craftsy for Machine quilting. I will need to study that one. But right now she is making me sleepy. LOL!! Not sure if it is her, or just the fact that I have been up a while. My get up and go hasn't come back YET!!

I am looking at a sewing machine table that is for sale on Kiijiijii (sp?) for $50. I may go take a look later today. Not sure what hubby wants to do, maybe another auction sale today. I have to work tomorrow and Wednesday.

If someone finds my get up and go, would you please send her back to me. I really miss her.

Have a wonderful and safe Sunday everyone.

buckeyequilter
October 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning....

Had trick or treat last night and a weenie roast afterwards. A lot of fun for the kids (and the big kids too).

I finally ordered the sewing machine I've been wanting, have never been happy with the Kenmore I bought a few months ago. I suppose it's a nice enough machine but I went back to Brother.

Have a breakfast casserole in the oven, some laundry going and then I'm going out to work on a quilt for a while. We're going to a political rally tonight, there'll be some tight security there so all I'm taking is my ID and camera. I told DH to empty his pockets, I'll probably double check - because he'll forget and leave something in his pockets.

Hope all our friends in the NE stay safe and that all our Canadian and Hawaiian friends are safe today.

Have a wonderful day....hugs and prayers to all.

Deneldac00p
October 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Monique, This is SUNDAY, a day of REST. She probably went to visit her Grandma and to get some R & R so that she can pick up the pace you set her at most days. hee hee

Blondie
October 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Good Morning, lovely friends

I slept in a wee bit longer this morning because I could and because I was up late (for me) last evening. Hubs and I have been outside already trying to get some more leaves away from the gutters and house. Oy. Never ending. I would normally say and think, just WAIT until they all fall off the trees. But this year and with the impending rain, I just think it is good to be safe. We did get some of the leaves mulched up for my compost pile. The rest are in piles in our woods.

Hoping that our Ruby will be safe and sound after hearing the news of the tsunami. Are any of our Canadian sisters/brothers affected by the earthquake?

Hoping to have a very relaxing lazy kind of day. Wishing everyone else the same.

MRoy
October 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Good morning! It's another gloomy, cold, drizzly day here. Blondie, I'm going to have to rake leaves too when the drizzle stops. They've really come down since Friday and there are lots more still on the trees. Monique, I think my get up and go went with yours. I can tell the shorter days and less sunshine are beginning to affect me.

Thinking of all those who are dealing with the effects of the storm and the earthquake and praying for your safety.

MayinJerset
October 28th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Good cold and windy Morning, Nothing to report yet re: Sandy, will give supplies a double check this morning. Can't find my cell phone charger, think I left it in my travel bag when we went away last month. Flash light and portable radio batteries need checking as we haven't used them in a long time.

DS Tim is off and running by now in the US Marine Corps Marathon in DC, last note on his Facebook was 2 hrs. ago near the Pentagon where he was waiting to begin the race. He said weather for the race should be OK, only concern is getting back to CA as his flight is scheduled for Monday afternoon. Whenever the flight is rescheduled he'll probably be bumped as he flies standby (free) as his wife works for the airline. He does have 2 cousins who live in VA close to DC so he may be staying with them for a day or so.

Pray that Sandy is kind to all of our friends, May in Jersey

Lonna
October 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
It is a beautiful sunny cold morning here. The coldest of the year so far down to 39 I love it. Prayers being sent out for those who are having to face the weather. Did get to sleep in this morning which was wonderful need to get moving and fix breakfast for Wayne and then want to get back to work on this lap quilt for a very old dear friend who husband is battling throat cancer. I really do hate that C word seems to just be so much of it. Well Ladies enjoy your Sunday and try to get a little rest on this day of rest.

bakermom
October 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Heading off to church then breakfast out. Spent Saturday evening with family and friends at a pig roast. Lots of good food and company. too rainy for the bonfire though.

pcbatiks
October 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone, Like Lonna, our weather is sunny and cold....at least it seems cold for us! We went to an outdoor concert last night featuring a young musician named Amanda Shaw. She did a great job! The temp was fairly chilly so we brought jackets and a blanket. I need to get something done today........I goofed off yesterday and did not seem to get anything accomplished. Prayers for all of you in storm affected areas and those affected by the earthquake. Stay safe and be prepared...........Don't wait until it gets bad to try and prepare!

lilmouse
October 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hello Everyone, I am up and moving.....working today so have to get uniforms in laundry...got a lot accomplished after work yesterday.....got another top done...just have to sandwich it and a binding to sew down in the back which will get done later this week; life sure does get in the way of plans! Sassi is growing like a weed...still trying to break her of chewing on fingers and toes! She is teething hard! Be glad when she is done with that...has lots of teething toys...still prefers my fingers! LOL Well better get started on laundry....see you all later this evening...enjoy your Sunday ...and everyone stay safe...so much going on...this storm is scaring me; very concerned for all of my forum friends! Not to mention Ruby and Don and the beach children!

auntiemern
October 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Good day all. Praying for all our quilty friends in the path of that storm. Was glad to hear Ruby and Don are ok. Gonna try to do something today. DD called yesterday, to tell me she needed me to make oldest DGD a bed for her AG doll. She has 2 dolls and one bed. Took up just about all the energy I had to do it (DH is not due home til later), but got it done. Even used the chop saw to cut wood. Was very proud of myself for that. Got the bed and mattress made for it. I really need to organize my mess from the craft show, but got so sick right after, it is still pretty much everywhere. Had a rough nite of coughing fits, so did not get much sleep. I see a nap in my future. Ok, I am rambling in my lack of sleep stupor. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. Extra prayers for those that will be affected by the storm and the tsunami.

toggpine
October 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hi everybody!

Glad to hear that Ruby & Don are safe. How about our other Hawaii-living quilty friends? I know there are a couple more.

I'm glad to hear that so many of you are making sure you are prepared for the impending storm. So much better to be prepared than not.

I am still struggling with the halloween costume.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m2335-products-697.php?page_id=3690&search_control=display&list=search
If any of you have this pattern or are considering it for your children/grands. The pattern instructions are poorly thought out. They tell you to stuff that tail early in the construction process. I really didn't want to, and should have listened to myself on that one. Leave an opening to stuff it later, and consider using something other than polyfil. Lightly stuffing the spines didn't seem to pose any problems just that massive tail.
Well, I had better get back to it.

You all have a great day & be safe!
Hugs, Cathy

SuzyQue
October 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Finishing up the lunch now, church was awesome today, sun is shining, but it is cold outside. Hubby is harvesting soybeans and son is drilling wheat, so after lunch......I will go back to the stash closet and keep organizing and cleaning. I tossed 3 bags yesterday and 1 large bag for donations. It is a mess right now, with everything out of order, but I will get there and it has been more fun than I thought it would be! I am finding lots of treasures that I had not seen in awhile. It will be fun to use such an organized storage and so much easier to find the perfect fabric choices! My back is aching, but it is a good ache.....knowing what all I have accomplished! Be safe all those in nature's paths. Prayers and hugs to all. No rest........off to conquer the mess!

pcbatiks
October 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Cathy, I made that pattern or one similar for my son years ago. I didn't make the feet of hands.......the tail was stuffed though. Sorry can't help on the instructions........that was a long time ago!

Hi everybody!

Glad to hear that Ruby & Don are safe. How about our other Hawaii-living quilty friends? I know there are a couple more.

I'm glad to hear that so many of you are making sure you are prepared for the impending storm. So much better to be prepared than not.

I am still struggling with the halloween costume.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m2335-products-697.php?page_id=3690&search_control=display&list=search
If any of you have this pattern or are considering it for your children/grands. The pattern instructions are poorly thought out. They tell you to stuff that tail early in the construction process. I really didn't want to, and should have listened to myself on that one. Leave an opening to stuff it later, and consider using something other than polyfil. Lightly stuffing the spines didn't seem to pose any problems just that massive tail.
Well, I had better get back to it.

You all have a great day & be safe!
Hugs, Cathy

toggpine
October 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM
No worries!
I was throwing that out as a warning for anyone wanting to make the pattern. It looks so cute!
You know how you look at something and think, "Hmmm. I don't think that should be done like that." But you are really trying to follow the directions 'cause this isn't something you do very often, and you don't really want to mess it up. Yeah, well. Go with your gut.
I have the suit down to the last side seam and then I think it should be OK. Here is to hoping that she gets two years out of this costume!

shannonsaulter
October 28th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Hope everyone had a great day @ work now with a migraine :-(