PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in Daisy World (pic heavy)

Divine Daisy
October 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
My eldest daughter Heather arrived today with her partner to use us as a stop over and me as makeup and costumer for a Halloween party she and George were going to tonight. She wanted to be a Zombie bride.......... er ok then. He was to be a devil......phew, one easy and one not so easy...........however...

Fortunately he had a dinner suit and remembered to bring it, she on the other hand said she needed a simple white mini shift and would bring the fabric. They arrived at 1.30pm Daisy time with a deadline of 7.30pm to leave for the party. By the skin of my teeth we made it. I applied silicon and tissue paper for peeling skin to her face and 'slashed' her throat so it had time to set then cut out her dress. Put on the 'white out' and drying blood on her and while that was drying sewed up the dress. Slapped red makeup on him and stuck on his horns (did I mention I made them yesterday from paper mache?) and did the hem on her dress. While she did her hair I did his and had a large gin.

Dress fitted well enough for a night and I did some 'artistic' splashing of blood, some hand prints and general grubbiness on it, finished the shading on his face and generally tarted him a bit.

Had another gin.

They were out the door at 7.35 all happy

Seamus had a sleep because as you can see he was just exhausted from it all.

Cathy F
October 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Wow, you did a fantastic job with both the costumes and fantastic make-up! I would need more than a few drinks after that time frame!

Musical_Starling
October 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
That's an awesome makeup job! And that Seamus is such a sweetheart, I even had to show pictures to DH because he reminds me so much of our Boots. She's 5 and almost 12lb and steals the hearts of everyone she meets :)

aliaslaceygreen
October 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Wow! You are a very multi-talented lady!

MRoy
October 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Nicely gruesome! Poor Seamus, he's plumb tuckered out...I hope you're not.

mommadeb
October 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Those look great! I hope you are taking a well deserved break now.

Winniesfriend
October 27th, 2012, 09:36 PM
you did a great job, pity Seamus was all worn out with all of that activity.

Monique
October 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM
That is amazing. I hope they win a prize for the best costumes. You did a wonderful job (of course)!

Jess1377
October 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Fantastic job! That is such a cool costume make up you did :) Seamus is as cute as ever!!

lilmouse
October 27th, 2012, 10:23 PM
WOW! Talk about working under pressure...hope that Gin tasted good.....are you having another....Seamus will be in church tomorrow for both of you!

bakermom
October 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Impressive!

Patrice
October 27th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I can't believe you did that in such a short time. Good job

pcbatiks
October 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Oooooohh........creeeeeepppyy......just as it should be! Great job on costumes!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 27th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Don't you love it when they give you all that time to get them in their costumes? My oldest did that to me two years ago. Arrived at 1 for a 5 pm party. They were fashionably late to the party( like about 3 hours)!

You did a fabulous job, as usual! They look properly in character! Hope they had fun at the party!

auntiemern
October 28th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Once again I amazed by your talents. Everything looked wonderful. I am sure you needed another gin by the time they left. And poor Seamus, appears to have just been to much for him.

BellasQuilts
October 28th, 2012, 02:12 AM
All i can say is wow!

phoots
October 28th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Daisy, I see that you have a second career ahead of you as a makeup person!

Pam in Vegas

Madeforyouinma11
October 28th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Awesome job! They look great! Seamus is such a doll. :)

MayinJerset
October 28th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Daisy. you did a fantastic job with their costumes and make up, they scared the h--l out of me.

That's the second time that has happned to me this weekend. Last night DH and I were stopped for a red light when a huge black van pulled up next to us. A loud scray voice said, "Which way to Shop Rite?", I turned to see a vampire driving the van and was so scared that all I could do was point the way. Hurricane Sandy might cancel Trick or Treating in my area but that's OK with me as I've seen enough scray creatures to last me quite awhile. May in Jersey

ElaineP
October 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Brilliant! what a lovely mum you are x
Elaine

New York Sue
October 28th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Make-up incredibly good! Great job Daisy!

Bubby
October 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Great job, Daisy!!!

Sandy Navas
October 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Daisy rises to the top again. After I read her story I needed a big tall GIN!

Absolutely amazing work of art - you are such a very creative soul. I am glad I am not called upon to do the make-up for the DGDs - just dress them.

bec
October 28th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Wow! You are quite the make-up artist! They look...well, rather ghoulish and devilish! I'm sure they were the best costumed people there! Seamus is adorable.

Divine Daisy
October 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Ty you all for your kind comments. Like Jean, I have spent many years making costumes for the theater and I did a lot of makeup too. Was taught by a very kind and patient makeup artist who absolutely hated the feel of silicon and so once he taught me he just let me fly as it meant he never had to touch the stuff lol. My favorate was the hairy wart lol.

I resigned from costumes after an experiance not dissimular from Jean's latest show. Decided life was just too sort for cra**y directors and diva leading ladies. Only one diva in Daisy World and that is Daisy!

Still its nice to know the old skills come in handy sometimes. Seriously, have a go at the makeup stuff.......it is easy peasy. Silicon easy to come by and accessories varied and fun. Pin down a teenager and have a blast!

K. McEuen
October 28th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I never thought of using tissue paper for peeling skin, that's a great idea. I've worked with the silicon before and think it's fun. I just wish the drying time was a little faster.

NanaB
October 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
First, let me say I read the topic of the thread as "Halloween in Disney World" (just a tad bit dyslectic), and I couldn't figure out why someone would be posting Halloween pix in Disney this early!!!! DUH! Daisy, you are a wonder to me. I think I would have loaded them into the car and headed to Party City! You did such a great job. You obviously have an artist's mind and capabilities. You did a fantastic job from the horns to the make up to the dress. Poor Seamus, he was worn out from supervising. Thank you SO MUCH for posting--it keeps me in awe of you.

CrazyMtnLady
October 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
You never cease to amaze me with all your talent. You did a great job.

janluna
October 29th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Great job Daisy! My back aches for you. Don't you love those last minute OMG jobs? When I was knitting on my machines, the fire dept. called to say, we need 10 pair of mittens for our charity house by tonight. At 10 in the morning, and they had to be done by 6 that night. I did it! By 5 P.M. I was done. Don't let the word machine fool you, it's still a lot of work.
I loved working with makeup and the moulage kit I had to work with when on the Ambulance Corp. When we had county wide drills, with all the fire departments, police, and ambulances in our area, we made the victims as real as possible at mass casualty drills. They had eyes laying on their cheeks, bones sticking out of their legs, arms, elbows etc. And great blood pumping too. Love Joy dishwashing detergent and red dye. Makes great blood. Also makes huge suds when the guys spray the scene with water from the fire hose under all that pressure, to clean up after the drill. hee hee I miss all that.
Anyway, thanks for the memories Daisy. Your makeup and costumes were wonderful. Hugs, Jan L.

shannonsaulter
October 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM
WOW that is great!