• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

10/8 Friday

Good Morning
    I will need roller skates today! Fridays are always wonky crazy at work, and today is my lunch day. Each Friday we all bring something to share for lunch. Today is my main course day. I made chili beans with lil smokies and it will be interesting to transport. Anyone have a carrier pattern for crockpots and slow cookers? Not that I can make one today but that would sure be great for the future!

Laura, meant to give you a big hug yesterday. My day was so busy I barely remember getting to sit at the computer. And yes, Meds. The good, the bad and the ugly. Side effects that is. Glad that YOU are on the mend. We sure missed you.

Much to do, haven't even checked my email yet. Now just how addicted to you ladies and MSQC am I????? TTFN
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• pdjewelrylady
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2010

Re: 10/8 Friday

Good Morning Ladies!!
    Absolutley beautiful day here in central Florida. Chilly temps but georgous! Got up early this morning and went for a walk around the blick even!! whooohooo that is not something i do very often but some reason just felt like it today! hummmmm

A friend of one of the guild ladies had found a huge lot of cotton fabrics and offered it up for free to the first 10 that picked it up,,, so you know where i was yesterday - picking some up!! you better believe it! had to drive to Lakeland, which is about 2 hours from me but worth it! YAY!! She has everything from christmas to spring, and summer and fall prints. Lots of calicos and florals and white aon whites.

Got about half of my stars for the new guild swap completed last night! whew that was fun! Still not much progress on the wedding quilt ....... priorities! MUST work on that today!! Cup of coffee first i think...... and a bowl of cerel! Do y'all like cerel? I love cerel - the kind with crunchie flakes and little yogurty flavor clusters or dried fruits or the Banana nut cheerios! i really like that cereal - so yummmmmy
    Last edited by pdjewelrylady; October 8, 2010, 07:12 AM.
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• sally
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2010

Good morning and hugs all around. My family, well my Dad's side rather is a huggy family. When we gather for family gatherings at the cabin by the time we get finished the morning hugs the coffee is cold...lol We all believe in the positive effects of a hug!
      Today is normally a quiet day at work so I should be able to 'Catch up' hopefully before the weekend. Then 3 days off...WOOHOO!. Weather has turned here. Cooler and overcast.
      Laura I hope all went well with the Dr. Jan good luck on your day, safe drive and happy shopping! Suzi wish I could find a stash like that...wow! PS. Love Cereal but became additicted to Miniwheats. So had to stop.
      Blondie...hope your day isn't too crazy! Hang in there. Enjoy your lunch...yummy!
      sigpic
      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• patticakes
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2009

Mornin' All!
        Blondie thanks for welcoming us with such a lovely picture! Yesterday I visited your blog and it is wonderful! Love the music!
        Suzi you are a block makin maniac!! Way to go on the haul of cotton fabric, wish I knew anyone around me who liked to sew! Better spend some time on the wedding quilt or the time will creep up on you! I would die for some cereal right now....yum!! but alas I am eating low carb these days and can only dream of those crunchy little nuggets surrounded by nice, cold milk....ahhhh.
        Laura - thinking of your dr. appt at 8am and keeping everything crossed that you get some good news!
        Jan - glad your grand daughter Emily and family are on a well deserved and fun trip to Disney! I could not even imagine what they have been through and my prayers are with Emily's continued recovery into remission.

I have a crazy busy day at work and want to leave early cuz my daughter Michelle is coming down to finish moving her stuff. She is a Special Ed teacher and just moved from Chicago to Kalamazoo, MI. Can't wait to see her!

Howdy to all I've missed....you are in my thoughts too!
        Patti
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

• Lola2Ace
          The Guild President
          • Aug 2010

Good Morning to all! I am doing a bit of stitching this a.m. Who posted the idea of doing a chore then a bit of stitching?? Wow, I tried that yesterday and got alot more of each accomplished than I usually do....pure genius Thank You Very Much! Today, I am starting with the stitching, then will do a bit of chores, work tonight so all the fun ends this afternoon...., actually have to work all weekend.....Had a rush order for embroidery on a baby item yesterday, so am waiting for it to be picked up, it's tagged and ready to go out the door.
          I too an anxious to hear what Laura finds out at the Dr. today!
          I have a ton of fabric in my car that was cleaned out of a friend's sewing room. I have gone through about 1/2 of it and there's still a ton to donate, am anxious to go through the other 1/2. I am NOT allowing myself to keep much at all, I don't have the room for it and there's a very worthy place to donate it, they have sewing gatherings to make blankets and such for Project Linus and other organizations like it. But it is so fun to sort through it--that counts as a chore.....doesn't it??
          I love cereal too.....ooooohh and PopTarts! LOL LOL
          Jan, will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on Emily. Our youngest (of 2 kids) has a severe and chronic illness, so I know what your family is going through. I hope and pray they have a marvelous time at Disney!
          I hope everybody is having a wonderful day!
          Lola
          :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

• ukquilter
            Prairie Pointer
            • Sep 2010

GOOD MORNING ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

well iv woken up to a lovely 14 c today blue(ish) sky and a nice mug of hot tea and a bowl of Lucky charms!!!! OH THAY ARE TASTY (we dont get them in the uk well we do but i wiont pay $10 a box for them!!!!!!!!!

im hoping to get down to Orange today to pop into the quilting shop and pick up some Christmas fabric for my stars, i'm just gona get a yard of a fwe fabrics and see how that goes, i may even get some cutting of the pieces done too, ready to sew when i get home.
            I'm NOT responsible for my actions untill at least 30 mins after my first cup of tea! :icon_mooooh:

Comment

• Laura108
              Batting Beauty
              • Jul 2010

Happy Friday ...ohh blondie I love your graphics and I love the music on your site..In fact I hope its ok I have your blog open in another box just listening to it....what great music on a great day
              Dr was wonderful ...(handsome too ) just waited for good news before I decided that lol
              The damage from the heart attack was minimal...yeah!!! New meds...cardiac rehab ...slow slow to begin he said. My potassium is extremely low so I got a shot and a script for that and he cautioned me to not get excited yet. My body is turning against itself and shutting down on things the fainting and dizziness will always be a problem since my blood pressure runs extremely low. I did promise to listen to my body more ...and seek help when needed. Lupus is still the number one thing we are looking at and while their is no cure ...Im a mom and I love life sooo I will NOT let it get me. I also believe things happen for a reason ..I needed to find you girls and a hobby I adore. with all of you I have that so its all going to be fine.
              Lola you are so right..I get so much more done when I use the "reward" method of life LOL it keeps you motivated and on track.
              Patti ..good luck on your daughters move..and your busy day ..How do you like eating low carb ? can you tell a difference?
              Suzi you are a quilting goddess....wow at how you go and go...I bow to you..
              Sally ...we are going to get along fine I hug too ...I hug even mean people LOL...makes them speachless and makes me giggle.
              Blondie I love your zest for life good luck at lunch today and I have one of those locking crock pots but the safest bet is to have someone else carry it....Im the fainter remember and LOL it happens at the worst possible times....like in the walmart potty (still cringing from that one ) not only did I faint I mooned them at the same time....haha..well wasnt funny at the time but I did just make myself giggle a little sooo ...LOL
              I will try to not scare anyone anymore ...and Remember listen to our bodies...so we can all stay quilt buddies forever
              Jan ...I love you!!
              hugs and love,
              Laura
              PS remind me to tell you about the mean dog man across the road...
              One Moment at a time

Comment

• Laura108
                Batting Beauty
                • Jul 2010

Oops and I love cereal. Anything with a prize in it LOL and BOO Berry is my favorite.
                Frosted Mini Wheats I eat without Milk while playing on the computer..mmm strawberry ...
                and Kix cereal is good for polyurethane and paint ...instant beads LOL
                One Moment at a time

Comment

• toggpine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2009

I am hoping for a better day around here. Our family is fine, but we had a shoot out the next "street" over. We live out in the sticks and so streets are a variable thing. Apparently there was a marijuana grow operation and somebody decided they wanted part of the profits. In the end there was at least one fatality and several other wounded. They had the main road closed off all night and my step-son had to drive to his mother's to spend the night because they wouldn't let him come the half a block home.
                  I just had a reporter from the Seattle Times at my door asking what I'll be doing differently from now on, and did I know there was a drug operation over there, and did it scare me.
                  Hmmm, did I know about the drugs?? Uuhhhh NO! If I did, I would have called in and reported it! Do I know there is a problem with drugs out here? Yes. Meth-labs love this area. Lots of woods and fairly deserted roads are just perfect for setting up a piece-of-junk travel trailer as an instant portable lab. Which is why we call in things that don't look right, and we barricade roads that don't get used much. We don't want that kind of thing in our neighborhood.
                  What will we do differently, well not much. We still have our firearms & ammo locked in the gunsafe with easy access, and we know how to use them properly and safely. I know my immediate neighbors and they know us, AND we check on each other. Until they have cleared the area, the kids play inside or directly supervised. We won't just assume the dog is barking at the raccoons like usual, we'll go and check it out. Anybody we don't know or recognize gets the "Extra Hairy Eyeball" stare as they come and go down our little dead end road.
                  Am I scared? No, I am sad. I am sad that people feel that drugs are the best way to make money. I am sad that other people felt that they had to go to that extreme to get the money and or drugs. I am sad that somebody had to loose their life over it. I am irritated that this was the way that the rest of the state learned of our little town. They didn't hear how the neighbors rally around those who are sick or in need, or how we put together a great little park for the community to enjoy, or the hundreds of other great things about living out here. Nope, they find Lakebay on the map because of a horrible shoot out over some stupid drugs.

On a more positive note, we are allowed to come and go out of our road now. I can get to the grocery & feed stores, and make a trip in to visit Nanna. So, the young one and I are headed out for the afternoon as it is drizzly here and we can't really do much outside in any case.

I hope Laura's Dr. appt, goes well, and you all have a good day in your own neighborhoods.

Cathy
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• janluna
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2009

Laura do you have to have more tests to confirm the Lupus or are they saying that you do have it for sure? I love you too honey. We'll have to turn Izzy into a service dog. She can warn you when you are going to faint and you can sit down quick so you don't crack your head again.
                    It's beautiful here today. The air is warm and sunny and the trees look so pretty with their fall colors. I got to go shopping and got some really good deals. Yay!
                    I love cereal like oatmeal, special K with vanilla and almonds, and honey nut cheerios. Those are my favorites. Oh and If I am really hungary I love 2 over easy eggs on top of grits. Yum!
                    Thank you everyone for the prayers for Emily. She has been such a little trooper. If I'm having a bad day I just say if Em can do it so can I.
                    Thank you Lola and I'm sorry you have a disease in the family too. I will Pray for you too.
                    Blondie thanks too for your chit chat opening. Your music is really nice. Take it easy today and skate safely. LOL
                    Shauna, we love hugs in our family too. And I'm like Laura. I hug people that don't like to cause they need it! LOL And it makes me laugh when they don't know what to do or say. Just takes them right off guard!
                    I wish I could run into a deal with lots of fabric like that Patti. What fun! Don't work to hard and hug your daughter for all of us. When you are moving you need all the hugs you can get.
                    Suzi, how many star block have you done so far. Must be enough for three quilts all by yourself already. : Wish I had your stamina. Girl you are amazing!
                    You all have got to hear Laura's ban man and puppy story. It will break your heart.
                    Laura honey you have had a couple of big days, rest please I love you and want you all better. I hope they are wrong about Lupus. Nobody deserves that.
                    I know what you mean about being addicted to MSQC and most of all, all of you guys! You are all so special to me. Thank you. Love and hugs to all, Jan
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• janluna
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2009

Cathy, I'm so sorry that had to happen that close to you. Or that it had to happen at all. You're right, it is sad that someone lost their life over something that was probably gonna kill them anyway cause they were using. It's getting scarier and scarier out there everyday.
                      I'll send prayer your way for safety. Love, Jan
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• pdjewelrylady
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2010

Afernoon everyone
                        I have been working on the wedding quilt most of the day and had to take a break - so here I am reading your posts and loving that we have our fun little quilt lady group.
                        Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                        hugs, Suzi
                        http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                        it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• Blondie
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2010

O M Goodness, what a nice group to come home from work to! I had a late cancellation, so I am home early. YAY for me. A few minutes of time before my Luscious Larry comes home to me.
                          Chili went over very well for lunch today. There are only a few of us who work in the salon and we have our favorite customers that we shared some with. A gal across the way from us has a gift store and she brought the drinks and sweets. I was good and didn't touch those. I will in the morning, though. A danish goes so well with coffee, don't you agree?

Wow, Cathy, that is a tragic story and one that is so often repeated in far too many places around our nation. I am thankful you are safe! I live right on the Virginia state line - literally a good stone's throw - and have seen my share of police chases heading toward Virginia. Silly people. they may be able to outrun the cars but can't outrun the cop scanner. A few times a year we get a front row seat to such idiocy. We live in the boonies too, and it is a good thing to know who your neighbors are for sure. I have no qualms about calling in anything suspicious.

Laura, it is so good to hear you back here. And yes, you will do fine as long as you listen to your body and dr. I, too, am glad that I found this lovely group of ladies who share our mutual addiction to textiles! And I am also thrilled that everyone is friendly and doesn't mind sharing their links, pics and day. So, from me to everyone here, thank you.

$10. a box for Lucky Charms? Never! I would figure a way to make them myself! LOL. I already make my laundry detergent. Hmmm, marshmallows are easy to make. let me think on this one for you, UK.

How I wished I lived closer to you girls who get the great giveaways on fabric! I know that envy is one of the seven deadly sins, but, when you are a quilter, it is almost a virtue?

I am a hugger. I have raised my children to one of my motto's "Arms are the best thing to have around you". My other anthem is "When the fun stops, I stop" But seriously, my Mom's family are huggers - Daddy's folks aren't but they will be the first to show up at the door with food. So, that's sort of a hug. LOL.

Patti, hate moving, so good luck!

I know that I have probably missed half of everyone here today but I hope to be back in a bit. I need to run down the hill to see my folks. I kinda like to hear my Daddy say, Here you are again, OLD faithful.

Blessings
                          Blondie

PS - thanks everyone who visited my blog. I am trying to get more consistent as time allows. It's a good way to destress; that, and oh yeah, facebook games.
                          Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• hillbilly
                            Banned
                            The Guild President
                            • Jun 2010

Hi all!!

I have no time to reply to all...but Blondie you must know that I am like a HUGE blog fanatic, so I am now following

Been just busy here trying to get rid of this possessed thing that I call a sewing machine. I wouldn't sell it to any of you now even if you begged. The thing just is a lemon...and I am going tomorrow to see if I can unload it at a dealer. My family won't get the money for other things I was hoping to buy, but at least that piece of devilish plastic and parts will be GONE, GONE, GONE!! Although I am not sure if they will pay me what it's worth. I've had three for sure buyers...that backed out. Todays lady emailed that she had money in hand and was ready to meet and gave me her cell number. She won't answer, email back or anything. I swear it is fighting leaving this house and I have grown to HATE it!!

Well, that's been my day, dealing with a machine that refuses to leave. I did finally find some white Christmas fabric. Now to buy a 1/4" foot for the super plain Jane machine.

Have a good night all. I have some blogs to schedule. Hugs!

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                              Banned
                              Missouri Star
                              • Sep 2009

Hello everyone!
                              That would be scarey to have a drug house in your neighborhood and then have all that police activity going on. I'm glad you are okay!
                              Went to oldest son's Massage Therapy graduation today. Small class. I'll try to post a photo, but it will probably be a small one. He is in the front right. Now for him to find a job and give me some massages!

Sewing tomorrow - have to get that baby quilt for my friend done.

Also, will post a photo of the baby quilt I did for Odie's marine recruiter. So cute! Just a panel but I think she'll love it. It's all handquilted. Nice easy project to pick up and quilt on.

And the 3rd photo - Odie swearing in. He is in the front row in the black t'shirt. Heard from him today. He said, in his letters, that his blisters were so bad on his heels from the boots - too big at first, then too small, now just right, that his blisters got infected and gave him cellouitis (sp?) but he's all better now and raring to go. He has swim week coming up and even though he is anxious cause they have to get in the pool with all their gear on, he says that all the Marine equipment floats so that will help.

Hope you all have a grand weekend! Hear the Seirra Mountains are getting a few inches of snow. Well, they can keep it.

Hugs,
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X