PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

auntiemern
October 26th, 2012, 10:33 PM
As I sit here, sick as all get out, and unable to do anything, except play on the puter, I got to wondering who has been a member of our wonderful forum the longest, and who would you consider the matriarch of this wonderful group. After minor research I know that our wonderful Sandy has been member since Dec. 2010, and Blondie since May, 2010. Play along and humor me while I am busy recovering. Hugs and Blessings to all.

Musical_Starling
October 26th, 2012, 10:45 PM
It's definitely not me! lol I think Blondie and Sandy are certainly in the running for matriarch in my books, but then again most of you seem fitting of that title to me :)

Jess1377
October 26th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Weellll.... Ive been a member since DEC 2010 as well BUT have been incognito and had a hiatus for a while in 2011-2012 so I dont think I count either. I think Sandy or Blondie as well ;)

buckeyequilter
October 26th, 2012, 10:53 PM
This is what I've found:
BillNye - Feb. 12, 2009 (Moderator)
Stitchy Woman - Feb 13, 2009 (Moderator)
jeanniebee - Feb. 18, 2009

pcbatiks
October 26th, 2012, 10:58 PM
My guess would have been Sandy and Blondie too!

auntiemern
October 26th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Moderators don't count, lol. jeanniebee has not made a post since 02/2009. I mean active members. The ones you can count on day after day, and would worry about if they did not show up for a couple days.

buckeyequilter
October 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
toggpine - 8/25/09 - oldest post I could find from someone that posts and we would worry about.

chy
October 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I'll second that musical starling

bec
October 26th, 2012, 11:50 PM
SuzyQue joined January 2010 and has 1, 576 posts.
Quiltingtrish joined September 2009 and has 2,231 posts.
Janluna - October 2009 - 3,292

lilmouse
October 27th, 2012, 02:03 AM
I still say Sandy or Blondie because they post a lot and are the most helpful.....for the title of "Matriarch"!

rebeccas-sewing
October 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Wow! I just checked my start date! April 2010! I beat Blondie! That's a surprise!

Madeforyouinma11
October 27th, 2012, 02:21 AM
I just joined in July so definitely have a lot of catching up to do.

bkthomas
October 27th, 2012, 03:53 AM
I think any of the wonderful Ladies that have been mentioned so far - would not want to pressed to vote for one over another - I love everyone on here - it's fun to kick names around but I couldn't do without any of you. Thank Goodness I don't have to!
I am reminded of our aliaslaceygreen said the other day about how this is the one place we can all come to and we are all so different, but there is no pettiness - that we all respect each other!
With that said, Let the nominations continue!!!

toggpine
October 27th, 2012, 05:19 AM
toggpine - 8/25/09 - oldest post I could find from someone that posts and we would worry about.

That was my join date. I lurked here for a bit before becoming a member. Back then you could be a guest and read without posting. I know my posts aren't anywhere near Blondie & Sandy's count, and I'm not even gonna try! I know there were some on here before me, and I haven't seen them in a long time.

I'm not sure about the Matriarch thing, what one of us doesn't know, another does. I know that I look forward to hearing about everyone's quilting & life adventures. Some I know will make me laugh and others will tug my heart strings. But you are all my sewing sisters and I miss you when I can't get in here to visit or at least check on things.

I think you should worry about me wether I post or not! :icon_crazy:

Cathy

Sandy Navas
October 27th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I totally deny the title. I'll take Queen for a Day (but only if my wildest dreams are honored) - but MATRIARCH? No Way, Jose - I do believe the proper word is VERBOSE or LOQUACIOUS. Full of Hot Air would also apply.

There were many fine members on here before I joined this wonderful group. Some of those I still look for, many are still active almost daily, and there are a few who have dropped out for one reason or another. The majority of people I have come into contact with while here are definitely people I include in my CIRCLE OF BEST FRIENDS. And, if I have not personally taken the opportunity to send you a special WELCOME, a private note or two, or ignored one of your posts it is only because I've had my head in the clouds and it is not in any way to be taken as a slight.

Each and every one is UNIQUE (or should that be EWEnique???) Everyone is SPECIAL.

auntiemern
October 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Oh Sandy, I did not mean to upset you so. To me a Matriarch is the head of the family. The wise one, not necessarily the oldest one. The person that the family can go to with ALL of their problems. Where one can find comfort in their knowledge and come away feeling better, or have their questions answered. The glue that keeps it all together. We are a family, unlike many others, but a family of friends, that feel each others triumphs and pain. I too consider all of the members here friends. You, DF, are one of those people on here that we all look up to and have great respect and admiration for. So please do not be offended, that was not my intention.Though you may be loquacious and verbose, we wouldn't have you any other way. All of those stories, and the way you have with words, keeps us coming back for more. But admit it or not, you have a heart as big as the great outdoors, and for that I love you. You give freely of yourself, your time, and your knowledge. And that you cannot deny.
I totally deny the title. I'll take Queen for a Day (but only if my wildest dreams are honored) - but MATRIARCH? No Way, Jose - I do believe the proper word is VERBOSE or LOQUACIOUS. Full of Hot Air would also apply.

There were many fine members on here before I joined this wonderful group. Some of those I still look for, many are still active almost daily, and there are a few who have dropped out for one reason or another. The majority of people I have come into contact with while here are definitely people I include in my CIRCLE OF BEST FRIENDS. And, if I have not personally taken the opportunity to send you a special WELCOME, a private note or two, or ignored one of your posts it is only because I've had my head in the clouds and it is not in any way to be taken as a slight.

Each and every one is UNIQUE (or should that be EWEnique???) Everyone is SPECIAL.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 27th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Marilyn, get better soon! We need to go out to lunch soon!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Each and every one is UNIQUE (or should that be EWEnique???) Everyone is SPECIAL. I saw a Ewenice button when shopping for buttons yesterday and instantly thought of you, Sandy.

bopeep
October 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I would think to would be Sandy & Blondie too.......
Bless your heart Marilyn.......I Pray you are doing better
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

Sandy Navas
October 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Oh, Marilyn - I have to try to join you and Jean for lunch. I don't think ANYONE has ever offended me - especially on here - and especially YOU. I don't have a sensitive bone in my body . . . well, maybe that's a lie . . .

Anyway, no offense taken - I knew where you were coming from, it's just that I'm often shy and can't deal with being an exalted personage. In other words, I am HUMBLE beyond words. Everyone may find that hard to believe, but I am truly an introvert in person.

MRoy
October 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I think there are several here, including Sandy and Blondie, who could be considered "Leaders". By that I mean they stepped out and gave a warm welcome to many of us newbies when we first arrived at MSQC. They accepted us into the MSQC group and helped us to feel at home. For that I'm grateful to all of them.