PDA

View Full Version : A message from my Nephews wife

bkthomas
October 26th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Thank you for all your support and the support of all your friends! AS of now I have received a letter from his attorney but have not gotten a call back to my no less then 13 voice-mails in the last two days. His secretary is out until the 27th so I am just assuming that he is in court but if he could answer my calls so we can try to get a bond reduction that would be great. Chris' next court date is the 1st and until then as much as I hate it he is just gonna have to sit there I can barely by diapers for the kids etc. much less find $5,000 to bail him out. On the up side should our flawed legal system find him guilty he will serve less time then others because he has no criminal background... In the meantime I am just trying to focus on the kids and school and spending most of my day trying to find him some help. He is doing ok sad to say he has lived through worse but I can hear him slipping back into the level of depression I have fought so hard to get him out of. Thank you again for all your love and support hopefully this nightmare will all be over soon.

Love, JoEllen

I sent JoEllen a link to the thread on our Forum so that she could know that she is not alone and this is what she sent back to me. I knew you would want to see it too so I did the copy and paste thing.
Roxanne (my sis) tells me that JoEllen has a friend that works at the jail where he is being held and she told her that this is not the first time this has happened! Chillling, I know!
Just validates what I thought - shady sherriffs dept.

Winniesfriend
October 26th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I just cant imagine how horrible it must be for you and your family, know that you are all in my thoughts, sending hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
October 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
It is truly deplorable that such 'authority' figures are allowed to get away with personal vendettas - which is exactly what this sounds like. Continued prayers. I sincerely believe that 90% of people in 'authority' positions/politics or otherwise government control-type jobs, be rounded up and shipped to that wonderful sheriff in Arizona. He'd straighten them up in record-time.

CrazyMtnLady
October 26th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you for the update. I have been keeping your family in my prayers.

quilter.martha
October 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Continuing to pray Kathy that all works out.

cyndiofthevortex
October 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Kathy, I'm so sorry this is happening to your family. Thanks for the update and know that prayers are coming your way.

BellasQuilts
October 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Sandy and I think an awful lot alike! Ditto to what she said.

Jess1377
October 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Oh that is so heartbreaking... my prayers are continuing to go up up up for them Kathy. I truly hope something gets worked out soon. You dont want to know what I think of that lawyer (as if you probably dont have your own), geesh... just cause the stinking secretary is out dosnt mean that your office stops!!!

Bubby
October 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
My prayers are with you and your family.

Musical_Starling
October 26th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Continuing prayers for him and his family. I can't imagine having to go through something so ridiculous!

lilmouse
October 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Continuing to keep all involved in prayer....thanks for the update! I also agree with Sandy!

bkthomas
October 27th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks so much everyone - I am looking forward to the day he can counter sue and I start a thread that says, "He won and was awarded millions!!!!"

Musical_Starling
October 27th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Thanks so much everyone - I am looking forward to the day he can counter sue and I start a thread that says, "He won and was awarded millions!!!!"

I will drink to that, sister! lol

Jess1377
October 27th, 2012, 05:34 PM

That would be fantastic!

Hawaii Roxy
March 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
UPDATE
Chris took a plea deal he is now on the sex offenders list for 25 years and has to go for sentencing in April . When he was arrested they knew he was up for a security job so they lied to him and told him they had called his new job and they were aware of the situation and no longer wanted him for the position. when I was finally able to post bail he had several emails from new employer asking where he was and if he was still interested. This kid suffers with PTSD which makes him unable to rationalize things like most. He is driven by fear ,its sad but hes afraid of everything! We have been doing research on these kind of charges and IF the prosecutor does what he says and goes for probation only Chris will have gotten off easy. Had he have fought in the beginning and NOT talked without an attorney things would be so much different! But once again he got scared and felt cornered which he very well was. Im sorry this is so long but with yet another court date approaching I find myself sick with worry ,this kid will not make it in prison if it goes that way. Just so yall know hes not guilty of this Chris would never come onto a woman hes painfully shy ,in fact his wife will tell you that she had to pursue him and still does! So please I beg you pray for this lost broken boy.
Thank you

mommadeb
March 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM
My heart aches for all of you. I hope and pray for the best outcome possible. Please keep us all updated.

auntiemern
March 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Yep Sheriff Joe Arpayo. Pink underwear for the prisoners. My kind of Sheriff.
It is truly deplorable that such 'authority' figures are allowed to get away with personal vendettas - which is exactly what this sounds like. Continued prayers. I sincerely believe that 90% of people in 'authority' positions/politics or otherwise government control-type jobs, be rounded up and shipped to that wonderful sheriff in Arizona. He'd straighten them up in record-time.

Rhonda D. Matzker
March 26th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Amen sister!!! I love good Ole Sheriff Arpayo. Pink underwear, chain gangs, sleeping in tents, etc. All jails should follow his lead.

Yep Sheriff Joe Arpayo. Pink underwear for the prisoners. My kind of Sheriff.

K. McEuen
March 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I didn't realize this was still going on. I seem to remember something about a guarantee to a speedy trial in the rules someplace.

Thoughts and prayers are with this to come to an end sooner than later.

auntiemern
March 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
It took 18 months for our case get to trial. That was only because he agreed to a 20 yr plea. It isn't the courts that drag it out, it's the attorney's. Continuance after continuance, because of the defense attorney.

Lisapc
March 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I don't know what happened but I am praying for your family. You have so much going on right now. I hope things get better soon.

WendyI
March 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM
wow Kathy....I don't know what happened but I'm sorry for all of it.

alliek
March 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Prayers that all the troubles in your family are resolved and all will be well. God's peace of heart and mind to you all.

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I have had Chris on my prayer list and will continue prayers for him.

auntiemern
March 27th, 2013, 12:32 AM
I know first hand that 99% of the time the judge will accept the prosecutors recommendation. If the prosecutor is recommending probation, he will most likely get it. Very rarely does the judge go against what the prosecutor suggests. The prisons are overfull, and a first time offender, unless a serious assault or murder will most likely get probation.
UPDATE
Chris took a plea deal he is now on the sex offenders list for 25 years and has to go for sentencing in April . When he was arrested they knew he was up for a security job so they lied to him and told him they had called his new job and they were aware of the situation and no longer wanted him for the position. when I was finally able to post bail he had several emails from new employer asking where he was and if he was still interested. This kid suffers with PTSD which makes him unable to rationalize things like most. He is driven by fear ,its sad but hes afraid of everything! We have been doing research on these kind of charges and IF the prosecutor does what he says and goes for probation only Chris will have gotten off easy. Had he have fought in the beginning and NOT talked without an attorney things would be so much different! But once again he got scared and felt cornered which he very well was. Im sorry this is so long but with yet another court date approaching I find myself sick with worry ,this kid will not make it in prison if it goes that way. Just so yall know hes not guilty of this Chris would never come onto a woman hes painfully shy ,in fact his wife will tell you that she had to pursue him and still does! So please I beg you pray for this lost broken boy.
Thank you

Hawaii Roxy
March 27th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Thank you all for your continued prayers and auntiemern I really REALLY hope your right and this goes away . We are all ready to move on and have this behind him. I wish I could go home and be there with him and his family,maybe soon

dwil23
March 27th, 2013, 05:09 AM
So sorry to hear he is still in there. The more I hear the more I am convinced that our "justice/legal" system is broken beyond repair. Just on this forum we have your nephew's case, Baby Rachel and Michelle's daughter that are being hurt by the system instead of being helped, while those that should be locked up are free and have all the rights, and those that should be protected from abusive situations have no rights at all. My heart breaks for all of you and I will continue to pray for you.

Sew Perfect
March 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Many hugs to your family members and to you.

bkthomas
March 27th, 2013, 08:29 AM
So sorry to hear he is still in there. The more I hear the more I am convinced that our "justice/legal" system is broken beyond repair. Just on this forum we have your nephew's case, Baby Rachel and Michelle's daughter that are being hurt by the system instead of being helped, while those that should be locked up are free and have all the rights, and those that should be protected from abusive situations have no rights at all. My heart breaks for all of you and I will continue to pray for you.

Just so you understand - he is at home.