PDA

View Full Version : 10/7 ~ Thursday's Chat

toggpine
October 7th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Morning Ladies!

I hope that today is a better day for everybody, and that you all got some good rest :icon_bored:. If not, try the triple shot mocha hot, iced, or blended, and yes, you deserve the whipped cream on top. Nothing like starting the day off with dessert! :D

Thursday is our busy day here. Work, speech therapy @ the children's hospital, buzz back for pre-school, then back to work, and then chores around here too. I probably won't get much sewing done, even though I have two new Around the World Quilting Bee quilts that have arrived. I'll try to check back in later in the afternoon.
I just wanted to wish you all a fabulous day!:icon_hiya:

Cathy

Blondie
October 7th, 2010, 07:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/001bsp.gif

Good Morning!

Cathy you were sure the early bird this morning! And a triple shot of anything mocha sends me to places my husband can only dream of . . . lol. Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you. So do I.
Have to work half a day at the salon and then take my dear Dad to see yet another Dr. There is really nothing that can be done for the poor dear. Some one mentioned Samantha Stevens and her wiggly nose the other day - that is what I would like. Brought him to his primary care doc yesterday, whom I do not care for. He did nothing except give my Dad some diazapem (sp). The dear fella is already lightheaded. Why complicate it with that? He (doc) says it is vertigo, I know it is from his gall bladder.
However there is no relief there for him as his general overall health precludes him having it removed. Been through this a few years back. Daddy will stumble, fall, and then at times act like he has dementia for brief periods. I plan on bringing him back to the surgeon and at least get some antibiotics to lessen the infection there. Some dr's are just stupid and in his case, his stupidity is complicated by the fact that he doesn't like his job. I could go on and on, but, refuse to get on a soapbox this morning.
I only got a little hand sewing done yesterday, just too many other things to do. Sis and I did applique some bunnies before I had to dash.

Hope that Laura's dr's have found the right combo of meds and the root cause of the heart problem. Here's a toast of my delicious coffee to everyone for having a stellar day!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/ca.jpg

hillbilly
October 7th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Good morning!

My little guy has been asleep for hours. I am so used to him waking...that I couldn't go back so sleep after 4 a.m. so I got up, got my blogs read for the day and am about to go poke him and make sure he's ok. I know he's just tired from all that non-sleep, bless his little heart.
In spite of my teasing about him, we really do have some serious fun during the day. I got him giggling so hard he fell over backwards in giggles. Then during the evening the neighbor across the way (who's not healthy) had her door open, so we went and played outside so she could watch him. He spent more time giggling and I know that just brightened her day. (we live an a unusual duplex complex, hard to describe, but this neighbor and I share a front yard, so when we go out to play she gets a first hand look)

I got a bit more done on my generations quilt....and am wondering if I should put scalloped edges on it. How would scalloped edges look on a wall hanging, anyway? It may make it too large...I'll show you a pic when I get it all done, and you can help me decide.

Have a great day all. I hope Laura starts feeling better soon. I am going to cut back on my computer time. I grow sick of the computer. Do you all ever get that way? I will still check in a bit, but just not as much. Maybe in my non-sewing time I can make some yo-yo's.

Blessings!

Lola2Ace
October 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi all! :icon_hi: It's been a very busy couple of days here. Tuesday was my GrannyNanny day with Ace-truly the best day of the week for me! It was especially good after a terrible night at work on Monday!
Yesterday, I spent working for a friend, which was awesome and brought home some wonderful fabrics that we cleaned out of her stash. Most of it will be donated, either to Goodwill or a group nearby that does 'sewing bees' often for Project Linus and other organizations.
Today, I have pork chops in the crockpot for supper, and have plans to get my swap blocks done, along with the bibs ready to sew together for Ace. Of course the usual household chores will mix in there somewhere. Well, off to get a cup of chai tea and back to stitching!
Lola

Laura108
October 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Finally ..Goodness have I missed you girls. I wont bore you the details of this week sufficient to say I'm ready for brighter days. Thank you to Jan for always checking on me and making me feel blessed that I have her in my life. I'm going to have to send her a hair color for all the extra gray I must be causing :)
Today nothing on the agenda but cleaning resting and more cleaning. We have company coming... Rodney's in the dog house over that since I'm not up to company yet but...that's a whole nother story.
Blondie I'm sorry about your dad I totally understand the doctor thing when my mom was so bad ...they would give her med to make the dizziness and pain worse ...I used to think alot of it was the med's at the end she was on close to 20....rolls my eyes. To treat one thing we cause 10 others ...sad that doctors treat the illness and not look at the patient and say how about we make you better and still let you have your life??
Hillbilly I'm glad the baby is sleeping better ...send me an email and let me know when our ornaments are due please that will be so easy and im looking forward to it.
Lola...good luck on all the sewing today...I just know you can do it.
Cathy...I haven't been keeping up. Hope you got the results of the MRI for your daughter and all is well I will go back through posts just haven't been on long enough to do that....and nnow you have me craving a mocha drink...mmmm
I hope all the swappers are getting close to done...You girls are incredible it sounded like a huge undertaking but I have loved cheering you all along.
I so appreciate you guys keeping the chat going its nice to have a little spot on the internet where friends can meet...laugh...share and support each other.
Be back on later to check ....big hugs and love and thank you for thinking of me :)

Shirley
October 7th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I love reading and keeping up with your chats. Wish you all a blessed day! Blondie - thanks for the coffee:D

sally
October 7th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hey gang....Wishing everyone a good day today. Hope mine is better than yesterday:icon_umpf::icon_mooooh::icon_bah:
Too early to say yet. I am SOOOOO looking forward to this weekend. Thanksgiving for us Canadian folks. Last time this year my DH took me to Vegas for my big 50. What a hoot. We don't gamble but the shows and the sights were great.This year for my big 35:lol::lol: we are going to check out the Salmon run. Supposed to be one of the best years ever. That is Sat. On Sunday we will have our turkey dinner...my favorite yum!yum!
Well back to work. Will check back later. Best to everyone!:icon_wave::icon_wave:

Blondie
October 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies
Just getting in from work; long day - thank goodness for crockpots! I believe a woman had to have thought that up? hehehe

Sally, I forgot that it was Thanksgiving for you folks up there. Happy Holiday in advance. Sounds like you have a fun time planned! Have never done a salmon run. What is that? don't forget, you are talking to a native North Carolinian who isn't exactly ignert but I am fairly ignorant. I enjoy learning the various indigenious customs of any area that I haven't been to. Love the cuisines, traditions, etc. Have a great time, girlie!

Shirley, good to see you!

I am going to be hand stitching yet again on the Daddy log cabin. I swear, it is TOUGH to sew through three layers and it ain't purty but heckfire shoot! He's gonna get it soon. He thinks it is beautiful and is worrying the fleas off of this hound for it. I told him the other day when we was holding it in his lap (it is larger than a lap but smaller than a twin), I said, "Daddy, it isn't perfect, My stitches leave a lot to be desired. " He smiled and said, It's perfect for me. awwww, gotta love that daddy. Every gray hair that I color on my head is from the parents, NOT my children. My children affect other parts of my anatomy, mostly my stomach.

Have a great evening, ladies. I do enjoy my visits here. Hope you don't mind my chattering and ramblings.

sally
October 7th, 2010, 07:33 PM
This is what a Salmon run looks like. They work their way down various rivers from the ocean to lay their eggs. They turn bright red as the spawn.1643
Not good for eating except for the bears but it is increadible to see so many Salmon in one place.

patticakes
October 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Oh gosh...I miss all the earlier fun but finally got on here with enough time to say hello!
Laura - soooo glad to "see" your cheerful voice on here again! Please take good care cuz we sure missed you!
Blondie - you crack me up! And that pic of the coffee....oooohhhh my!
Sally - a little known fact about me - I worked as a State Park Ranger during the salmon run up a river off of Lake Michigan many years ago. They were silver salmon (turn black once they make it up the river!) but it was such a beautiful sight. I helped run the fishing program as there were many who entered a lottery to be able to fish in the park. Lots of fun memories with that job! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Lola - aren't grandchildren just the greatest??? Love that you can spoil em and send em home!
Hillbilly - so get that about cutting down the puter time. I go in spurts. Right now I have lots of things going but it is very relaxing to pop on and check on the "girls"! Your little guy sounds so cute. I was LOLing at the idea of his giggling!
Togpine - thanks for the triple shot first thing this morning!!
Well I gotta go cut some strips for sashing of a new quilt that I finished the blocks for.
Take care! See ya tomorrow!

janluna
October 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone! Missed you all today. Went to my class and proved how dense I can really be but I'll get there. It's a new way of hand quilting. You don't rock it and you don't really stab it either. This lady is an international quilt champ. She was so good. What a great teacher. I'll get it eventually. She has a book coming out next year. I can't wait because she really is a good teacher. Next we have to get her on video so you can watch her like we do Jenny. Anyway, I have homework and she says any quilter can be a good hand quilter in 2 weeks time. I asked her if it we could make that a month for me. She just hugged me and shook her head and said nope 2 weeks. Boy is she gonna be disappointed in me. But I will try very hard to make some progress. She defiantly will need to give me remedial quilting though. We'll see when we go back for the other half of the class. I think she is very optimistic.
Laura I'm glad you are feeling a little better except for the headache from the nether regions! Sorry sweetie. I hope you get some answers tomorrow.
Shauna, Happy Thanksgiving! I love the big turkey meal too! It's my favorite but then so is Christmas and Easter. Everyone likes Ham on Easter cause I make my famous raisin sauce.
My kids were whisked away in a limo by the Make a Wish Foundation for a plane ride to
Fla. so that my Emily (granddaughter who has aplastic anemia ) can see the Harry Potter part of Disney and the rest of it too. But she loves Harry Potter. My son txted me and said the resort they put the family up in would be great without Disney. But of course I'm sure the girls feel differently about that. He said it was a campground on steroids with apartments. Anyway they have been through the wringer for the last 71 weeks and they deserved this for Emily. I'm so happy for her. I wish I was there to see her and her sisters faces. Emily is a very special kid. She has faced blood transfusions and chemo type drugs and blood draws twice a week and still finds the good in things. Her faith in God puts most people into a very humble place. She's 10 years old. She is amazing!
She was supposed to go to go to
England and meet with the stars of the movies but was too sick to make the trip. We all had to wear masks and scrub up to be around her. Then her blood levels finally started coming to life again but they figured she'd be better off closer to home and the Doctors. So they choose Disney World instead. I'm sorry she didn't get the chance to meet with Daniel Radcliff and the others but this trip sounds awesome! And I'm sure Disney will do the Harry Potter theme park to the max. Emily starts weaning off the meds in December and then we will know if she is in remission or not. She missed a whole year of school but had tutors and she kept up with her class. Now she is back in school with her life back to a certain degree. If she is in remission that would be great. If not and her levels start dropping she may be out of school and looking at a bone marrow transplant. That is the last ditch effort. So we are praying for a miracle here. Any stray prayers in this direction would be welcome. Thanks Hugs, Jan

janluna
October 7th, 2010, 09:56 PM
This is what a Salmon run looks like. They work their way down various rivers from the ocean to lay their eggs. They turn bright red as the spawn.1643
Not good for eating except for the bears but it is increadible to see so many Salmon in one place.

Wow Shauna, that's really a cool Picture. I'd love to see it in person.

sally
October 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Jan...I will say a special prayer for your family tonight!

janluna
October 7th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Thank you sweet Shauna. We appreciate all prayers for Emily.

craftyladysam
October 7th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Prayers here too, Jan! I hope her trip is all she wished for and more!
Hey Blondie! Love the pertty pictures you put up every morning. The coffee looks yummmm!

hillbilly
October 8th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Jan--I hope this trip is really special for her...sounds like the whole family needs it and the smiles that go along with it.

Laura--I am so glad that you are feeling better. I am also so happy that you joined the ornament exchange. It will be so fun to have all those pretty ornaments on my tree from all over the place!! Did you make anymore today?

Sally--was it a better day?

And to everyone else...Have a great night!!

Laura108
October 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Jan - send a hug to Emily and her family for me I keep them in prayers. i love her spunk she is alot like you ....
Hillbilly I did 3 then our neighborhood went a little crazy and we had a neighbor kill a puppy and the law seems to think its ok since he has chickens ....will tell you all more later.
Happy Thanksgiving and Salmon run...what an exciting weekend for you.
Blondie you make me smile with your stories of your parents. I miss my mom alot but love the memories we made at the end. In fact I am now making yo-yo's because I found her button box. I played with them for hours when I was a kid and now I can again. ( Thank you Momma)
Patti that was a nice story what a fun job that had to be....
...8 am is the bewitching hour for me I meet with the cardiologist so fingers...legs..toes and eyes crossed. Im way to young for all this foolishness with my heart.
Cathy ...Sally and everyone else...I love ..love this type of keeping in touch.
I look forward to seeing what you girls are doing...big hugs and lots of love im off to lala land...

janluna
October 8th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Goodnight Laura, Let me know what the doc says and my whole being, every finger and toe are crossed. Even my eyes.....whack.....sorry I just walked into a wall....Lol oops!
Love you honey. I'll be waiting to hear. Jan