PDA

View Full Version : walk thru the city

mamaquilt
October 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Sorry for the mistake in the title of the previous thread. Should have been walk and not walt

@Sandy, I'm more than a 100 % Luxembourger. Can even proof it as far as 1821. Why did you think I was not a native Luxembourger? Maybe because of the many mistakes I make while writing English. But this forum helps me practice it.

Therefore thank you ladies for correcting me and bearing with my expressions. Sometimes you might not understand them, that's when I'm too lazy to open up the dictionnary.

@BellaQuilts. I'd be delighted to show you Luxembourg anytime you want. There is quite a lot to walk thru. Luxembourg is also related to the Netherlands by William from Oranien/Nassau. So whenever you come, pm me in advance.

Now I have to get some chores done.

Nice evening to all of you quilting ladies

Michèle

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I guess, quite honestly, that I felt your English was so very, very good that you just weren't a native . . .

Deneldac00p
October 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Michele,
Back in the early 60's I was fortunate enough to visit Luxembourg several times. I was in the Canadian Air Force stationed at Metz. France and everyone once in awhile someone would come up with the suggestion that we head for Luxembourg for a feed of really good Chineese food. So a bunch of us would pile into a car and away we would go. Unfortunately it was always dark by the time we got there so we didn't see much but I can still taste the excellent Chineese food and the Henry Funk Beer. mmmmmmmmyummy!!!

mamaquilt
October 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Michele,
Back in the early 60's I was fortunate enough to visit Luxembourg several times. I was in the Canadian Air Force stationed at Metz. France and everyone once in awhile someone would come up with the suggestion that we head for Luxembourg for a feed of really good Chineese food. So a bunch of us would pile into a car and away we would go. Unfortunately it was always dark by the time we got there so we didn't see much but I can still taste the excellent Chineese food and the Henry Funk Beer. mmmmmmmmyummy!!!

Hi Dena,
Well that sure was in the 60, as the Henry Funk doesn't exist anymore. But we still got some breweries left that make very tasty beers. And a lot of Chinese restaurants did pop up since then, but not all of them are good.

Michèle