PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, back to work

Blondie
October 25th, 2012, 06:39 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies

Sitting here, sipping my coffee and eating some leftover cake from what Mom made for our anniversary yesterday. I have given the big guy ALL that he is allowed last night. The rest is MINE, bwhahaha, even if that means stuffing it in my mouth before I leave for work. Get in my belly!

Not sure how long the day at work will be; normally Thursdays are slack, hoping for an extra cut or two. I will be bringing some circle of comfort tops to be hand stitching in between.

Hoping that everyone has a better than excellent day. Prayers being offered for those in need.

Bubby
October 25th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Good Morning, Blondie,
I've been up a couple hours playing with my embroidery design downloads. I have some memory cards coming in the mail and I want to get everything organized into specific folders so I can quit hunting every time I want a particular design. I have a feeling this will be a slow day for me.

Coffee is made, Jeff is getting ready for work and Miss Molly is trying to get my attention by sitting up and looking too cute!

I wish everyone a great day. Eat that cake, Blondie!!! Hugs, Barb

Monique
October 25th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Good morning Blondie. Mmmm cake. Sounds good. Woff it down before LL gets it. LOL! I need a haircut. Darn, you are too far away.

I went and helped at bingo last night at the seniors home. How sad to see how the residents are. There was a lady crying in her room. She was asking for help. I stopped and asked her what was wrong. She did not even know the answer. She was cold, so I went and got her extra blankets. It was all I could do. And I know this lady. I could never work in a place like that and I applaud all those who work in thif field.

The Christmas card holder is not quite finished yet. I hope I can get that finished before the week is out.

Well that is about it for now. Have a wonderful day everyone.

bkthomas
October 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Can't sleep - I tried I really did! Blondie cake yes please, cake! Have a cute little story about cake - While I was still working doing housekeeping at a hospital in Texas, I went into the nursery and one of the nurses there could see i was having an especially rough day ( this of course was before I lost that job and also before both of my hip surgeries) anyway, she took one look at me and said, "You need cake" - I thought that was sweet of her - I don't know how I kept that job as long as I did - They liked me and I loved that job!
Bubby, sounds like Miss Molly is feeling better, I'm glad!
Monique you are an Angel, that's all there is to it!
Everyone else, Have a most wonderful Sunshiny Smiley Kind of Day!!!

aliaslaceygreen
October 25th, 2012, 08:08 AM
OOOH, CAKE! Yum!

Another day at work...alone. Tomorrow and the weekend I will have help, thankfully. I can't believe (every year) how there seems to be a busy-ness switch that gets turned on without my noticing!!

Busy last night after work as well, finally got started on making some mug rugs and ATC's to trade at Houston... only SIX more sleeps!

Hope that Hurricane Sandy wanders off into the ocean, because landfall right now sounds slightly vague---somewhere between Maine and Virginia?? Yikes....I don't believe I am ready for a hurricane right now!!!

Take care, all!

MayinJerset
October 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Oh, Is the Hurricane landfall predicated to be somewhere between Maine and Virginia? We're right in the middle as I live near the The Shore in Jersey. Kind of dark and cloudy out right now so maybe it is heading this way. Food stopping was on today's list but if the hurricane is really heading our way I might skip it as the supermarkets will be a mad house of people stocking on with food and supplies. DH and I can make out with what's in the fridge, freezer and pantry. Gee, the leak in our roof isn't scheduled to be repaired until next week so we better move the dining room table and chairs and put some thick towels on the floor just in case it does hit here.

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I've been up a couple hours playing with my embroidery design downloads. I have some memory cards coming in the mail and I want to get everything organized into specific folders so I can quit hunting every time I want a particular design. Barb

I will send you a link to a computer system for saving your files. And, good luck with the sorting. I have tried and tried, and tried and usually whenever I want something specific I have a most difficult time of finding it. Granted I have over a million (????) designs that I will NEVER be able to use . . . but someday I just might need one of them.

HINT to all who download designs - when you save them, rename them to something you will recognize. Then your search feature really comes in to play. A daunting task, but worth the time and effort. AND save those instructions that come with some designs - like how to do In-The-Hoop purses, etc., and the various steps . . . you will get old and forget something now and again if you want to sew it out again later.

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
STAY TUNED FOR AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTICE: I AM NOT the Hurricane that is moving along the Eastern Coastline of the United States. I DID NOT VOLUNTEER my name for this torment.

BE SAFE, and don't blame me.

Off to get my car winterized, inspected, fluids changed, etc.

Bubby
October 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Sandy! I have already renamed most of my designs and that was a real pain! I'm thinking of having separate memory cards for Holidays, alphabets/monograms, redwork, quilting designs, etc. Since I have to use cards in my machine, they might as well be organized.

aliaslaceygreen
October 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Sandy I resisted the urge to involve you in this wind event...but.....

CrazyMtnLady
October 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Morning all. I can't believe I got to sleep in until almost 9am. :) We are expecting rain today so I had to get my clothes of the line that I washed yesterday and throw a tarp over the motorcycle. Now it's coffee and "quilties" time for me.

May make another trip to town today.. DH needs to go to the post office and I want to get a few cards. My printer ran out of colored ink yesterday as I was making a card for a friend of mine, so I need to go buy a few cards to have on hand. I prefer to make my own but with the price of ink cartridges it is becoming cheaper to buy the cards. My BFF has a birthday coming up and I like to make personal cards..but she will understand.

I hope to get my cowboy quilt sandwiched today and do some quilting on it. I will take a picture and get it posted for you all.

Hope everyone has a great day... Hugs and prayers to all.

Claire Hallman
October 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM
You could cut and paste a card sort of like a ransom note. :icon_heh: I think that would be cute.

I thought I was meeting friends for lunch today and now I am dressed and they have all flaked out so I am taking myself shopping.
I would love to have Blondie diagnose what the problem is with my hair. It is mostly white but I have a nagging yellow haze on some of it that won't go away with purple and/or clarifying shampoo, what to do???

GrammaBabs
October 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I'm a slob in the sewing room,,, but my emb. files are in order...go figure!!!!!
I've an old system.... D1 uses floppy's.. those are quite messy,,, but the original files are on an external hard drive... with folders for all categories ie.. animals,,, dogs, cats, and baby, birthday, sayings, hearts.... you get it.... Too bad, now that i'm a quilter,,,, i use this stuff very little... heheheheh
For those still new to ME... if you have not heard of "SewForum"... it is a part of AllBrands that you can join.... tons of Free designs and lots of helpful info from people on their forum.... they also have quilt, sew, knit and crochet... granted some designs may be from "beginners",,,, always try first to be sure, but eventually you learn the veterans that contribute and you'll end up with more than you can handle.... This place was the beginning of my downfall into the pit of "cyberland" where so much is free and the wealth of information takes up my day instead of actually "doing"....

Jean Sewing Machine
October 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hurricane Sandy, hmmmmm, has a nice ring to it, just hope it is not memorable like Katrina, or Ike, or Irene! They are going to name winter storms now, and give them non-human names, like Andromeda or things like that. So you can say you were hit by Blizzard Andromeda, instead of the Blizzard of '82 (I remember that one) or Snowmagedon, or whatever. They'll need plenty of names for those storms up by the Great Lakes, aren't they pretty significant year after year, or month after month?

toggpine
October 25th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Hi!

Through the generosity of a friend I have about 40 pounds of apples sitting on my kitchen floor. I really don't have time to process them right now, but I can't let them go to waste either. I'll finish of the bit I have on the sewing machine right now, and then I'll go process and steam off the first batch of apples in my 4 gallon stock pot. The house will smell super yummy for the next few days. I see apple butter, apple sauce, and apple jelly as part of this year's Christmas gifts!

Megan, I'm right there with ya. I'm waiting for a package from MSQC. I didn't send out a quilt, but I ordered the wacky web template. I am hoping that I can get rid of some of these trim-off scraps used up and make a fun quilt in the process. It's like waiting for your own personal Christmas in the mailbox! I hope you love your finished quilt. I imagine that it will be fabulous!

Quilty friends, I hope all is going well for you today. May you find at least one thing that makes you smile today!
Hugs, Cathy

pcbatiks
October 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Don't forget Hurricane Rita.........that was a huge, bad storm for our area. Hope Hurricane Sandy fizzles out and doesn't cause any problems for any of you!

Hurricane Sandy, hmmmmm, has a nice ring to it, just hope it is not memorable like Katrina, or Ike, or Irene! They are going to name winter storms now, and give them non-human names, like Andromeda or things like that. So you can say you were hit by Blizzard Andromeda, instead of the Blizzard of '82 (I remember that one) or Snowmagedon, or whatever. They'll need plenty of names for those storms up by the Great Lakes, aren't they pretty significant year after year, or month after month?

shannonsaulter
October 25th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Good morning everyone,
Did someone say CAKE!!!!!!
That would be perfect with my coffee...
Its my Monday...Blah...but at least the sooner i work these 6 days the sooner I am off
Again....
Have a great day!!

cyndiofthevortex
October 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hey there! If you look up Farmington, NH I think that is exactly where Sandy is heading. Yikes! I'm not a fan of high winds and power outages. Our neighbor has lots of tall trees that lean in the direction of our house. I'm making a shopping list for DH of foods that don't need to be refrigerated but can be cooked on the gas stovetop. Dinty Moore Stew, anyone?

auntiemern
October 25th, 2012, 02:55 PM
So sorry for all those in the path of the hurricane. Will say extra prayers for you. Not gonna get anything done again today, as am still very ill with bronchitis and URI. Doc has me on bed rest. There for I won't make to the PO to ship the purses. Hopefully will have a smidgen of energy tomorrow and can get that done. I do not like not being able to fulfill my commitments in a timely manner. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

bkthomas
October 25th, 2012, 09:09 PM

STAY TUNED FOR AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTICE: I AM NOT the Hurricane that is moving along the Eastern Coastline of the United States. I DID NOT VOLUNTEER my name for this torment.

BE SAFE, and don't blame me.

Off to get my car winterized, inspected, fluids changed, etc.

Ginny B
October 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM
We are getting ready for Sandy too. When dh came home from work and I said that maybe we should get some supplies in from the grocery store "just in case". He sort of baa humbugged but then while we were eating dinner (in the living room since the kitchen is still under construction), I had the tv on to the weather channel and after dinner he said, "make a list". LOL So the dear went and battled the crowds (which will be super crazy as the weekend goes on) and we are stocked up on "stuff" we can eat without cooking if we lose power and the usual water, etc. Checked out our flashlight and battery supplies (we are good), got the oil lamps handy too. Over the weekend, we will pull in the trash cans and the umbrellas (they need to come in for the winter anyway -- we were just going to wait until the kitchen was done and the garage was cleared out again -- oh well, we will find somewhere to stand them) .

I've got crochet projects, my kindle and I wanted to make a yo yo Christmas tree wall hanging so I think I could get a bunch of yo-yo's done if I need to find non-electric things to keep me occupied.

The kitchen is coming along and I will post some pictures in my album soon.

Happy almost Friday everyone.

Ginny B

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Mooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm! Kathy is picking on me AGAIN!!!!

bkthomas
October 26th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Aw Sandy, you know I love ya! LOL LOL LOL