PDA

View Full Version : I love you ... all of you!

aliaslaceygreen
October 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to toss that out there.
I have been here under a year. I am sometimes a chatty Patty, and sometimes lurk about.

I learn things, I pray, I cry for you ... I sometimes roll my eyes, even.

But I have to tell you, that despite our little flare ups of temper (call it PMS, whatever your age) we all get along, we agree to disagree and we don't toe such a tight little line about stuff that doesn't matter.

This isn't the only place I hang out. This isn't the speediest of boards, sometimes the same threads are one page one ALL day!

There is another place I try to hang out at. But I just can't seem to find my way there without raising my blood pressure, and then, WANTING to create problems, just to see if I can get sent to the principal's office. I was sent there, AGAIN, today.

I had the unmitigated nerve to ask/suggest that maybe a separate board be posted for games (which overwhelm the non-topic section).... First, I posted it in general ...which was moved because it needed to be in Help. Then, when other people began agreeing with me, it was deleted!!!

The other day, I posted about Houston...that seems safe, no?
No. Again, wrong forum. Must be moved.

Last week, I used the word rant in the subject line and the moderator CHANGED my title!!!

So. I think I have learned my lesson. Stay here and read and play and be friends, or go QUILT but stay off that other board!!!

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM
TRISH:

Now you know for certain why you keep coming back here over and over, why we love YOU so much, why the DOANS mean so much to us, why this is the ONLY forum I visit any more . . . and why I love so many people here (okay, I hate to admit it in public . . . even YOU).

What a wonderful post!

Doloris
October 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
ah so that was you causing all that trouble over on "the other board". LOL. I also go there sometimes, but it is too strict, and there always seems to be some virus or other nasty stuff trying to get you

cyndiofthevortex
October 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Trish, I've always loved your forum name and would love to know the story behind both it and the awesome picture you have as your avatar. Do you have a story to tell us?

shannonsaulter
October 24th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Trish,
What a great Post..you just made my day..I even check the board from work..I play and socialize on Facebook but I love the help and ideas people have given me here..I may have only been here a few Weeks but feel very welcome..
Thanks,

Bubby
October 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM
This is a special forum...we truly are family, a family where there is room for everyone. We are from such diverse backgrounds, even different generations and we are able to share our passion for quilting, rant and rave a little, uplift those who are having troubles and still leave smiling. We really make a difference in each others lives. This forum changes lives....I'm thankful for each and every one of you.....With love, Barb

auntiemern
October 24th, 2012, 09:01 PM
This is the only forum I have ever belonged to, and am happy every day that I have this amazing place to visit. It is a place to call home. True friendships, that are made, and love shared between strangers that have one common bond. The love of quilting. But as you all know, this place is so much more than that. I can't imagine my life without all of you in it, anymore. I love you all too. Thanks Trish for this post.

aliaslaceygreen
October 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Yes! Thanks to you all! This is what I mean. If I had posted this THERE, it would have
A, been deleted, or
B moved to the section where one is allowed to have personal convo (why they have an OT section confounds me!! LOL)

I have never been a trouble maker, but I just want to push buttons there sometimes....just to see what idiocy occurs!

cyndi--
Aliaslaceygreen is just that. My AKA! My husband and I met on line in 2000. I used the name Chantilly Lace at the site I was at. He shortened it to Lacey.... and when we married, my married name was Green... so....as I refused to be called Lacey Casey-Green, I go by Trish still, or Lacey Green... or Trish Green (or, hey, you!!!!)

And Sandy, don't tell anyone else, but I love you too!!!

aliaslaceygreen
October 24th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Oh, and the doll? Her name is Twitchy. I made her a number of years back. Her name came from a Fanfiction I wrote called Why So Twitchy, Babe? (I don't write FF anymore, but I used to be known as the queen of angst in the FF world for Stephanie Plum)

She is my muse. (and a fickle wench, too...)

pcbatiks
October 24th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Great post Trish............I love this forum and the friends I have made too! I almost get a little panicky if we have problems with the internet occasionally and I can't get on MSQC site.......what's going on.......what are they up to.......I want to see what's going on! I just recommended this site to a co-worker of my DH today! Thanks to all of you for making this place so much fun!

Monique
October 24th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Well said Trish. This is the ONLY forum I belong to. I did sign up with a few others way back when, I don't even remember where they were. This is now my HOME!!

I love everyone here too.

bec
October 24th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Glad you feel comfortable here. It is a great place, isn't it?

Musical_Starling
October 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I love our "little" forum. Seems to get bigger every day though lol I don't know what other forums are out there, but there is one that pops up sometimes when I google a question. Not a fan of "stuffy", so I'll stay here thankyouverymuch :D

buckeyequilter
October 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I signed up for another forum too....but I don't even remember the name LOL. I only have time for 1 forum so this is where I hang out.

Gayle8675309
October 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I too have felt nothing but welcome and love from this forum. I don't post a whole lot, but usually read everyday, and am praying for many of our members. This is such a nice place to be. :)

Gayle

HandsOffItsMine
October 24th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Trish, you make me laugh! I don't know which Forum you're talking about, probably a good thing as Martha Stewart would say. Knowing myself...I would be sitting next to you at the principal's office! lol Don't care for Moderators. I do care about YOU though! :)

Made some great friends here that have crossed over into our personal lives. Plenty of love in here, so newbies jump in, share something about yourselves. We have fun, we shed a tear once in awhile and like Trish says, we roll our eyes too if we read something ridiculous...

dizzyLiz
October 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I love ya'll too ( and yes that is a southern accent). I wake in the morning and check MSQ, last thing I check at night. I don't even waste time looking at other sites, if there is a link i need to see someone will post it here. A few years ago I used to play with a online Euchre league. It got to be sooooooo Jerry Springer mentality I just gave up. I have one friend I still talk to on occasion, even after 12 years. Last time we talked he said he and his wife may come down from Canada to visit at some point. I am going to be at MSQ next October, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I'm so excited. Which brings me to a idea. I would love to meet some of you folks. I live in Upstate South Carolina, near Anderson. I've been contemplating going to see Blondie, she is like four hours from me. So if there is anyone near by, PM I'd love to meet.

janluna
October 25th, 2012, 12:02 AM
This forum, all the people here, and the owners of the website and store Have been such a God send for me. I joined a couple other quilting sites. If I asked a question about how something was done, I was ignored, asked if I didn't know, what was I doing there. I explained I was new to quilting, and they said, "Oh, you need to go somewhere else, we only allow seasoned quilters here!" I felt stupid. So when I came here, I lurked for a while. I finally got brave and asked one very special lady if she would be my friend. So, QuiltingTrish, thank you for giving me the world. She and so many others on this forum have become dear friends. And of course there is Jenny and her family. Who cared enough about new quilters that they started doing tutorials. My first thing I made, Jenny showed me how. She didn't talk down to any of us. She loved us all and showed us the how to's and whys of quilting. She made me a quilter. Jenny gave me the confidence to try new things. Her family is wonderful to us. When we order they even take the time to add a handwritten note. They made a bigger quilting store, they opened their arms and hearts to all of us. Every update and new thing they do, is done with all of us in mind. Do they make money? Yes of course they do, but the tutorials come from caring, and sharing knowledge. The kids fell in love with fabric and decided a store was the way to go. Oh but people, the things they have in store for all of us. The surprises that are coming! All of those things come from the Doan Heart! Our family Doan is magnificent!
The love and prayers that have gotten me through so much have come from 7 ladies in my life, and the people on this site. You are right, this is a special, loving, prayerful, helpful, meaningful, and fun place to be. It's the only place for me. I too, am HOME. Love, JanL.

quiltingtrish
October 25th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Haven't posted much lately - life is getting in the way. And, right now I should be in bed, but just thought I'd pop in and see if there are any prayers needed. That's my nightly routine. Check in at MSQC.
Love you all here. If there is something I don't want to read, I don't. If there is something I don't want to comment on, I don't. No hard feelings for those that do post whatever they want.
I do love the quilt photos - wow, you all are putting out the beautiful quilts and projects, just wish I had the time to comment on them all.
Anyway, got to scoot. Tomorrow is another long day. Have a 3 hour class after work again.
Hugs and keeping you all in my heart,

meemeecyn
October 25th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Geesh, you all said it so nicely. Janluna, eloquently, too. I think we all feel the love in our hearts, not just reading it on the threads. There is genuine caring and that means so much. When I talk about the forum to family, etc I refer to you all as my forum quilting friends, that being the operative word. I, too, feel at home here. Always look forward to check in and hear about everyone as often as I can. You all are group of great people.
Cynthia

BellasQuilts
October 25th, 2012, 01:11 AM
There are other forums???? How awful that one sounds. Nope, stick with us, were family here!

bkthomas
October 25th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Just wanted to toss that out there.
I have been here under a year. I am sometimes a chatty Patty, and sometimes lurk about.

I learn things, I pray, I cry for you ... I sometimes roll my eyes, even.

But I have to tell you, that despite our little flare ups of temper (call it PMS, whatever your age) we all get along, we agree to disagree and we don't toe such a tight little line about stuff that doesn't matter.

This isn't the only place I hang out. This isn't the speediest of boards, sometimes the same threads are one page one ALL day!

There is another place I try to hang out at. But I just can't seem to find my way there without raising my blood pressure, and then, WANTING to create problems, just to see if I can get sent to the principal's office. I was sent there, AGAIN, today.

I had the unmitigated nerve to ask/suggest that maybe a separate board be posted for games (which overwhelm the non-topic section).... First, I posted it in general ...which was moved because it needed to be in Help. Then, when other people began agreeing with me, it was deleted!!!

The other day, I posted about Houston...that seems safe, no?
No. Again, wrong forum. Must be moved.

Last week, I used the word rant in the subject line and the moderator CHANGED my title!!!

So. I think I have learned my lesson. Stay here and read and play and be friends, or go QUILT but stay off that other board!!!

....what she said....and the fact that I hardly go to facebook anymore!
Once you've found the best, why look further?!!!

Blondie
October 25th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Several years back I was in a lovely lovely lovely quilting group online. I made some lovely friends. I took some time off while caring for my Mom, and when I came back, I do believe the boogey man was there. The group split up over silly stupid thing like power play among others. I did not venture into other groups again until a few years back when I found MSQC through Jenny's tutorials.
Other than an occasional pm from some pms'ing heathens (perhaps they are trolls from where you mentioned), I have been nothing but happy and my life has truly been enriched by the love here.
Trish, you are a very special part of this group. How blessed I am to know you.

bkthomas
October 25th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Oh drat, I almost forgot! I Love you too aliaslaceygreen!!!

MRoy
October 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I can't put it any better words than Jan did when she said "this is a special, loving, prayerful, helpful, meaningful, and fun place to be. It's the only place for me. I too, am HOME."

aliaslaceygreen
October 25th, 2012, 08:22 AM
You like, you really like me! (I feel like Sally Field!)

There are at least 3 of you who I know I've seen at the OTHER place ----I am not outing you---- and don't know if you feel the same way.... but truly, a no holds barred forum is difficult, but a school-marm, overbearing, looking-for-a-gotcha forum with a list of rules longer than my arm where you get demerits if you don't toe the line is definitely worse....

Can't give up my Facebook, though... (friend me... Trish Casey-Green) I am the sort of non-discerning person that even has non-quilters as friends... ( don't judge me!:D)

But here, it IS family.... it's a very difficult thing to balance, but we do it well, mostly with grace, and always with laughter...

I am truly glad I searched and searched till I found a place that felt like home!

bakermom
October 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I agree with all of you! this is the first place I go when I open the laptop. Gotta see what all my friends are doing.

dwil23
October 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I have to agree with all of you. I was formerly "addicted" to another forum. It was fun at first with everyone having a common interest. Over time, there were disagreements that became ugly, taking sides, snarky remarks and some getting mad and leaving. It was no longer enjoyable to go there, but I did. Everyone here has been so nice, and I sure would be sad if that ever changed.

CrazyMtnLady
October 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Trish, this is a great thread. I love you too as I do all the other caring people on here. As my signature line says... MSQC: where strangers become friends and friends become family. I feel like we are one big happy family.... I wonder if the Doans realize how many children they have? LOL

lilmouse
October 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I love it here and don't use any other forum....why should I, everything I could need or want is here; love, laughter, advice, friends....and tutorials.....who could ask for more....! You all have said it so well....I love it here and most of the time check in twice a day...missed yesterday but it doesn't happen often!

Claire Hallman
October 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Since I am no longer in the drapery business I gave up my drapery forum [very regretfully but it cost too much] and was sorta lost until I found you all. I am so happy to visit with you every day, sometimes two or three times a day. I don't know how much I add but I sure take away a lot of great advice and warm feelings.