PDA

View Full Version : took a walt thru the city

mamaquilt
October 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
today we took a longer walk thru the city of Luxembourg. _Just wonderful! The best season of the year.

we went from this side (where I took those pictures) across, better donw the hill and up on the other side to the new part of the city 2nd picture and then down again and up to the old part 1.st picture (the castle has been mentioned the first time in 963) so over a 1000 years old.

Today as we've been taking this walk with some foreign friends of ours I was really proud of my native town. The weather also was excellent.

Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Don't do much sewing these days, as we've been taking tours all the time. But winter is just around the corner.

MRoy
October 24th, 2012, 08:12 PM
It's beautiful Michele. I can only imagine living in such a place. Thanks for sharing!

shannonsaulter
October 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I would take that walk every day if I was there..How beautiful..ty so much for sharing!

CrazyMtnLady
October 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
It is beautiful. I love the fact that most of us are so happy with our little corner of the world. Even though I was born in NE Indiana, I love living in the Ozarks. Every day is another beautiful day. Even if it rains the clouds are so beautiful when they halo the hills around us.

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Michele, I'm curious. For some reason I didn't think you were a native of Luxembourg. Guess you've just proven me wrong. What a gorgeous place. I kick myself because I didn't take advantage of getting to know more of the European countries when I had the opportunity. Thanks for sharing your beautiful country.

auntiemern
October 24th, 2012, 09:14 PM
What a beautiful place to call home. I can't imagine living anywhere other than Missouri. At the top of the Ozark Mountain Range is just fine with me, or anywhere south of here.

Monique
October 24th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Musical_Starling
October 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Beautiful scenery :) That's what I love about my little corner of the world too. I may live just a stone's throw from the capital city, but it never feels like "city" life. No smog, no skyscrapers, just quaint little buildings and (mostly) friendly people lol Not even a real "rush hour" here. The streets get pretty busy, but even working downtown and driving home at 5 I never really got stuck in traffic for very long. I'd say it took about 15 minutes more to get home than it did to get there at 6:30 AM. No big deal :)

Now if I could convince someone to put in a beautiful bridge like that, I'd sit and stare at it all day lol

bkthomas
October 25th, 2012, 06:12 AM
That IS beautiful and you have every right to feel proud of your country! Thank You

Bubby
October 25th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Michele, I'm always impressed at the beauty of your country. I love it when you post pictures....thanks! It's the besst time of year here, too. Barb

Blondie
October 25th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Thank you for sharing your pics with us, Michele. I am always impressed with them. And the second pic on the right shows how a city can blend the new with the old architecture. Wonderfulness.
Hugs to you, dear one.
Blondie

today we took a longer walk thru the city of Luxembourg. _Just wonderful! The best season of the year.

we went from this side (where I took those pictures) across, better donw the hill and up on the other side to the new part of the city 2nd picture and then down again and up to the old part 1.st picture (the castle has been mentioned the first time in 963) so over a 1000 years old.

Today as we've been taking this walk with some foreign friends of ours I was really proud of my native town. The weather also was excellent.

Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Don't do much sewing these days, as we've been taking tours all the time. But winter is just around the corner.

dizzyLiz
October 25th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Michele, thank you for sharing your pictures. I love getting a birds eye view of beautiful places I'd otherwise not see.

BellasQuilts
October 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Michele, c'est tres jolie! Would love to walk with you some day and have you tell me about your lovely city.